Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Sushi for lunch

20240318_122051.jpg

Camped indicates intention....

Slept or found themselves/woke-up is another level

:rolleyes:

As TMM stated. Just need something to get off the ribs of the truck- bed... and as Eric stated, getting off the ground is nice.

I looked at the bed- tents but decided to go with a small tent trailer to have the flexibility of not having to break camp to go explore.
I found that with a roll up tonneau cover, you can just pop the tent poles and it will all collapse in the bed of the truck. Then roll tonneau cover down to keep everything from flying away. easy peasy

In my early 20s I was. Dunes buggy race just over the Nevada border near Vegas. Me an my homie gonna pit for numerous racers. We borrow my Dad's F100 shorty with camper shell and load it up with tools, and spares. The quick jacks we used were just 1 1/2" tubing with a 90° bend at one end with a cross piece at that end, picked up buggies and baja bugs no problem, but too long for the camper so we leave the door and wall for the camper at home. We get to Crappy Pappy's Oasis in Jean Nevada to spend the night before we go to the race track next day. Unload half the stuff, room for 1 sleeping bag, homie took that spot, I take front seat of the truck. Unexpectedly :lol: it rains on us that night. Homie gets soaked from the knees down :lol:.

And test fitting after more dash modifying(hacking) this is a plan that’s coming together. Finally!

IMG_0473.jpeg

A $2.77 threaded plug and $18.94 shipping to get it here. :BangHead: :BangHead: The $22 order may save me thousands if it works. (bathroom tub and shower repairs)

First day of spring tomorrow for most everyone but think it might happen in another month here.

Always something to repair in house plumbing. Hope it works Mike.
Yep. It's the diverter for the shower head. One of those push button ones that there are no parts for. If I can take it out and screw in this plug to eliminate it, I can buy a tub spout with a valve in it. Otherwise I need to open up the wall to gain access to the whole tub valve for replacement. Ceramic tile and wallpaper are involved and a simple fix could end up doing a whole remodel. :mob::mob:

Yep. It's the diverter for the shower head. One of those push button ones that there are no parts for. If I can take it out and screw in this plug to eliminate it, I can buy a tub spout with a valve in it. Otherwise I need to open up the wall to gain access to the whole tub valve for replacement. Ceramic tile and wallpaper are involved and a simple fix could end up doing a whole remodel. :mob::mob:
HO! **** I see what you're saying. Prayers for sure Mike. Damn expensive fix.

No access panel from the backside?

Today's weather without magic brownies :lol: No dense frogs, no thunder storms, no partly cloudy, no 73°. Clear skies all morning and 70+ since 10:00. 75° since noon.

It's a little tricky but Delta and a few others make a cover plate if you have to go thru the front. Search your local supply company
I hope the plug works. It's a odd thread. 13/16-20. Come to find out Fuller truck transmissions uses one with that thread for a drain plug. If the plug works for me all should be good. That old bathroom needs a remodel just not now.

1710795518610.png

I used to do it all the time in the bed of my 6' Tacoma..........................

Yes, many times. I have one of the tents that goes in the bed of the truck. Works great, especially if it rains as you are up off the ground. Marie used to just use the topper on her truck, open the sliding windows.

I used one of these and a sleeping bag..................... I used to do a lot of remote camping in Colorado, Arizona, and Utah. I still have it.

[/URL]

@dukeboy440 I had a topper on my Tacoma specifically to camp out of....................Kinda like everything I do, way overboard.

View attachment 1716223274
So for power tour my son and I are are just going to camp out of the bed. There’s several camp grounds within the route radius. I was going to order a truck bed tent but man those are expensive these days. I do have a camper shell for this truck so I may just put it on the bed. The other option would be to rent a tear drop camper for the week:

So for power tour my son and I are are just going to camp out of the bed. There’s several camp grounds within the route radius. I was going to order a truck bed tent but man those are expensive these days. I do have a camper shell for this truck so I may just put it on the bed. The other option would be to rent a tear drop camper for the week:
What makes the most sense is throw the camper shell on......................why spend the money on anything else?

You can buy the plans for those Tear Drop trailers in the classified ads in

1710796033152.png
for $5. Sorry flashback from the 60s :lol:

-
Back