Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So there may be a slight change in my Power Tour Plans @Mopar Tim . Yes I’m still going, but it’ll likely now be the Jeep making the trek as opposed to my w200. Frames been sanded, primed, painted and cleared. Brakes are done on the front. Doing the rears today. However… tires are issue. The only, I mean only company making a 33x12.5x16.5 is Interco, which means either TSLs or Boggers.

So my plan was to take the 8 lug rims off the 99 Cummins, that has tires that have less than 500 miles on them, run that. Well the problem is while having the same bolt circle and hub centric as the w200, the 99 has 5/8ths studs, the w200 has 1/2s. I’ve tried 7 different types of lug nuts to try and hold them tight, none come close.

Thought about having them drilled out, so I took the rotors and hubs to two different machine shops, both said the same thing, the w200 doesn’t have enough meat to hog out that much safely. And even if they did, they want 350 per hub/rotor/drum. Not worth it.

So then that leaves me with finding new rims. So after checking out multiple different rims and sets listed on Craigslist and Facebook over the last two weeks, finding 16 or 17 inch 8 lug rims with 1/2 inch studs is nearly impossible. Pretty much all of them are drilled for 9/16s or larger.

Which leaves me with ordering new rims. Being how I’m trying to keep the original as factory ordered look, that means American Racing white spokes. They make them in the size and specs I need, but in a 17 or an 18 which is nice as I can find tires. But they’re drop shipped 4-6 weeks best case and then that’s 350 a rim. Plus tires.

So I told my son we may just take the jeep and still do the camp ground thing but have AC during the day. He seemed okay with that idea.

Plan though is continue the thrash on the truck. It’s ready for light body sanding and primer/paint now that the frames done

I woke up to the smoke detector churping. It needs the battery replaced. I had to stand out in the hall to see which one it was. I date all the batteries and this one I installed July of 2019. Energiser of course.

So there may be a slight change in my Power Tour Plans @Mopar Tim . Yes I’m still going, but it’ll likely now be the Jeep making the trek as opposed to my w200. Frames been sanded, primed, painted and cleared. Brakes are done on the front. Doing the rears today. However… tires are issue. The only, I mean only company making a 33x12.5x16.5 is Interco, which means either TSLs or Boggers.

So my plan was to take the 8 lug rims off the 99 Cummins, that has tires that have less than 500 miles on them, run that. Well the problem is while having the same bolt circle and hub centric as the w200, the 99 has 5/8ths studs, the w200 has 1/2s. I’ve tried 7 different types of lug nuts to try and hold them tight, none come close.

Thought about having them drilled out, so I took the rotors and hubs to two different machine shops, both said the same thing, the w200 doesn’t have enough meat to hog out that much safely. And even if they did, they want 350 per hub/rotor/drum. Not worth it.

So then that leaves me with finding new rims. So after checking out multiple different rims and sets listed on Craigslist and Facebook over the last two weeks, finding 16 or 17 inch 8 lug rims with 1/2 inch studs is nearly impossible. Pretty much all of them are drilled for 9/16s or larger.

Which leaves me with ordering new rims. Being how I’m trying to keep the original as factory ordered look, that means American Racing white spokes. They make them in the size and specs I need, but in a 17 or an 18 which is nice as I can find tires. But they’re drop shipped 4-6 weeks best case and then that’s 350 a rim. Plus tires.

So I told my son we may just take the jeep and still do the camp ground thing but have AC during the day. He seemed okay with that idea.

Plan though is continue the thrash on the truck. It’s ready for light body sanding and primer/paint now that the frames done
Take your lug nut and machine a 32nd off of the end so the taper bottoms out on the rim and not on the hub

lope.jpg

I usually go to the armory and park free but Carlisle bought it new and charge!

Well either way I think I can find him easily. I may intrude for a rest. Sitting at a desk and getting older has me struggling to get back into shape.

-
Back