Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hunting Wabbits today?
For the next 3 days my alarm clock has no power over me. I was actually up before it went off this morning.

good morning fellers ........

beautiful morning here even though the has not come up yet

I didn't realize how much I have missed body work......im in such a good mood now .....of course I am always in a good mood

Attachments

• CIMG5174.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 94
Great day here also. No jobs in the shop. Gonna work on the GTS today !!

Im thinking i might get at some filler work on the Duster this weekend. Metals been done for a while now.

I'm gonna work on gettin the K frame and suspension back under the car today. Nice clean easy work with all new parts. This is the part of a build that I really enjoy.

i need to finish this quarter today ....this is the roughest panel on the whole car so its a personal thing now ....me vs. rust demons.

I welded up the trim holes yesterday and now I need to get on the rust repair today

Attachments

• CIMG5163.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 102
  • CIMG5176.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 87
Im thinking i might get at some filler work on the Duster this weekend. Metals been done for a while now.

Are you going to put any filler on the roof? (Fiddler on the roof... LOL!).... :glasses7:

so if going with black ....would you guys go with single stage or BB/CC

solid jet black.

on one hand I think the single stage would be ok because its like O.E. paint and it will look fine

then on the other hand I think its worth the extra coin to have a more buffable surface that can potentially have a shine that looks 5 feet deep.

what do you think?

I am still thinking about but I thinks its either black or the turbine bronze met.

Attachments

• 8794a0000a554f4cebb8da44b47636bd-330x247.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 99
if black, this car is the inspiration, I will build the car that Mr. Steve McQueen would have had if he were a family man.

Attachments

• i002075.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 89
so if going with black ....would you guys go with single stage or BB/CC

solid jet black.

on one hand I think the single stage would be ok because its like O.E. paint and it will look fine

then on the other hand I think its worth the extra coin to have a more buffable surface that can potentially have a shine that looks 5 feet deep.

what do you think?

Depends how perfect the surface is. That shine on black will make the slightest imperfection look ... Five feet deep.

I think the bronze would look better anyway if we are talking about the wagon

Depends how perfect the surface is. That shine on black will make the slightest imperfection look ... Five feet deep.

someone else told me that as well and I didn't get that ......if the surface is not perfect then why put paint on it of any color.

but I think I get the part of black showing water marks and more stuff that lands on it.

Black will highlight flaws if any, Bronze may be better for the long haul to help keep the road nicks from standing out...

-
Back