Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I don't know what I ate but I'm emitting way too much greenhouse gasses this morning. TMI I know.

I don't know what I ate but I'm emitting way too much greenhouse gasses this morning. TMI I know.
that_stinks.jpg

so I finally got me a plow truck - bought an 86 Sno Commander yesterday - with the plow and all there, just needs some TLC for $1300 :thumbsup:

whew - that's debatable... just cars alone (say pre 1995 or so) have to have had a serious effect
where the hell did you run off too the last few days? you had the guys here wanting a full rescue mission :lol::poke:

not entirely correct - the Donald has forsaken it and seems hell bent of full reversal of policies, but a LARGE portion of the rest of us 100% believe that Global Warming isn't made up
Yes, I know that. But the official policy is ... backwards.

of course, depending on where you are - global warming isn't necessarily a bad thing - - Nov. 6th and it's still above 50 here.. works for me! :thumbsup:
In our summer house on the coast, we have a piece of "beach" where it's four inches deep. We're hoping for 6-8 feet of ocean rise. That would be a awesome improvement for us!

whew - that's debatable... just cars alone (say pre 1995 or so) have to have had a serious effect

To me this is what stands out about the issue, people's strong opinions are based on a kind of overall ball-park feeling of how it "must be" which may not be the truth at all...but because now everyone is saying it, those who question it are labeled as terrible, ignorant people. We are just going by what we are being "told." Heck if I went by what I was told, I should be dead right now.

Let's see we had Lift Day .... Lift Day and 1/2....Mitch Day....Delivery Day....and Now I can look forward to Parts-O-Rama in Sweden!

To me this is what stands out about the issue, people's strong opinions are based on a kind of overall ball-park feeling of how it "must be" which may not be the truth at all...but because now everyone is saying it, those who question it are labeled as terrible, ignorant people. We are just going by what we are being "told." Heck if I went by what I was told, I should be dead right now.
The scientific consensus is overwhelming. There are no two ways about it. What the world needs - and I really mean NEEDS - is leaders who care less about their donors and more about their population because we're heading for a global disaster and a refugee flood unlike anything we've ever witnessed. And wars. Wars over drinkable water, farmable land and over borders.

The scientific consensus is overwhelming. There are no two ways about it. What the world needs - and I really mean NEEDS - is leaders who care less about their donors and more about their population because we're heading for a global disaster and a refugee flood unlike anything we've ever witnessed. And wars. Wars over drinkable water, farmable land and over borders.

Consensus of what exactly? That the climate is warming, that people are making the climate warmer, that there is action we can take that will reverse the warming if that indeed is what's happening?

You don't have to answer, Anders, all I am saying is that the whole issue is very cloudy and the average Joe's opinion is based on sound-bites and whose "side" they are inclined to be on.

true but just 30 years ago, they were concerned about global COOLING

Consensus of what exactly? That the climate is warming, that people are making the climate warmer, that there is action we can take that will reverse the warming if that indeed is what's happening?

You don't have to answer, Anders, all I am saying is that the whole issue is very cloudy and the average Joe's opinion is based on sound-bites and whose "side" they are inclined to be on.
Well, the issue is made cloudy by people who don't want the consequences of facing the truth, the people whose businesses will be ended by acceptance of fossil fuels as the culprit. The consensus is that climate change is man made.

true but just 30 years ago, they were concerned about global COOLING
No, but there were scenarios studied that included reversed sea currents and what effects that may have. The models have been constantly improved but the values we see today are a good fit to what the models predicted 10-20 years ago.

The time to act is now.

I can just as easily believe, the people who are crowing about "the truth" have their own self-serving interests. I am not saying they do, only that I am skeptical of this "consensus" that people take as fact.

-
Back