Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well. That was a not so fun afternoon. I spent it doing my taxes.

The good news is that I’m getting a few grand back. I thought for sure I owed a little since they were messy with the consulting income and the extra bonuses at work making it hard to know if I had paid enough in the quarterly payments.

Don't let it run for more than 5 minutes without coolant...
Don't let it run for more than 5 minutes without coolant...
so, more than five is bad....
th?id=OIP.1TkTRO8_nLHjb8WOwr13WQHaHa&w=211&h=211&c=7&o=5&pid=1.jpg

This is gonna be a 2 handed job:lol:

Playing catch up Karl? :lol::poke::poke:

Yes, didn't have time after work last night...

Slept in this morning, then cleaned out the fridge... The kids have been at grandma's in Detroit for their spring break this week so I didn't want to do any grocery shopping while they were gone and let the uneaten food go bad, so I waited til the they come back this weekend to do the shopping...

Then when you let the fridge empty out of the leftovers and the milk and stuff expires, it gets pretty bare... Then you see how dirty it's gotten and decide it's best to clean it now that it's almost empty than when I stock it up.... So I cleaned it up this morning and went shopping this afternoon and it's good and stocked now... Ready for the kids... Fresh milk, eggs, orange juice, etc....

So the youngest kid stopped in Indiana to visit a friend on his way back and will be back later tonight... Older boy may come home tomorrow...

Now I'm done with the house chores and have some time to catch up... :D

...The good news is that I’m getting a few grand back. I thought for sure I owed a little since they were messy with the consulting income and the extra bonuses at work making it hard to know if I had paid enough in the quarterly payments.

Gaddamn bonus's...always screwing things up.

I hope this time you will invest in a gasket set and tear the engine down and check it out before dropping it in.
Reason I didn't the first time is the same issue I'm having now. I cannot seem to find a gasket set for a poly. I can find one for the 318 LA but not the poly

so, more than five is bad.... View attachment 1715153914
This is gonna be a 2 handed job:lol:

Just to see if it will start and run... don't let it run long enough and get hot enough to over heat...

But safest approach is compression test first.. Then leak down if needed and start trouble shooting from there before deciding to give up....

An engine needs good compression first... Make sure the rings,valves are seated and not leaking, and the head gasket's sealed...

Gone for 30 days. Joey removed his avatar and I see it's back. Next time it might be permanent.
Capture.JPG

-
Back