Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Unless you have something in mind , I could bring some of the deer burger you missed out on last week. Youd just need to come up with some rolls and fixins...
Have not even gotten that far yet!

Well ****. Was out trying to fire up that poly in the 64 polara this morning. All new fluids. Started to turn over and then locked up tight. I can't even budge it in either direction with my 3/4 drive, 6 ft breaker bar. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Before I'd started , I'd borescoped each cylinder, looked just fine, soaked the rings with a couple squirts of ATF each for a couple weeks, then rotated it over by hand a few turns, drained all the fluids. Then tried the other week to fire it to no avail, realized I had the wires backwards, so I switched them this morning, locked up in less than 5 seconds.

Good news is that I have options, another 318 poly or the 440 swap...

Well ****. Was out trying to fire up that poly in the 64 polara this morning. All new fluids. Started to turn over and then locked up tight. I can't even budge it in either direction with my 3/4 drive, 6 ft breaker bar. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:
Before I'd started , I'd borescoped each cylinder, looked just fine, soaked the rings with a couple squirts of ATF each for a couple weeks, then rotated it over by hand a few turns, drained all the fluids. Then tried the other week to fire it to no avail, realized I had the wires backwards, so I switched them this morning, locked up in less than 5 seconds.

fubarred with a breaker bar

From what you say, I would suspect something is jamming the crank if it won't turn over in either direction with a breaker bar...

If you had fluid in a cylinder (hydro-lock), you should be able to back the crank up...

Same with something physically in the cylinder (bolt, valve, etc...), you would be able to turn the crank backwards...

If you can't turn the crank over in either direction, something is physically jamming it... Especially if you just were able to turn it over by hand and with the starter....

Sure, come on over.... :D :steering:
Well, I'm going to hoppyland tomorrow...
Got several lbs in the freezer-Christmas present from my son the butcher. Just let me know how many are showing up and I can bring some extra. LOL

Last edited:
From what you say, I would suspect something is jamming the crank if it won't turn over in either direction with a breaker bar...

If you had fluid in a cylinder (hydro-lock), you should be able to back the crank up...

If you can't turn the crank over in either direction, something is physically jamming it... Especially if you just were able to turn it over by hand and with the starter....
Yep, Something Jammin it...

Probably looks something like this...
29882048-9F30-45ED-8907-D5D7230895C2.png
there are a few types,need to know what model the mower is.

Same with something physically in the cylinder (bolt, valve, etc...), you would be able to turn the crank backwards...

Something break in the bottom end perhaps? Or perhaps something broken in the bellhousing area and it's got it jammed? Trans is in neutral with the axle off the ground as I thought at first maybe it'd popped into drive or something

-
Back