Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Holy crap. You all ain't gonna believe this, I went and starting taking spark splugs out so I could run the bore camera back in, antifreeze came out of every single one... both sides. Now wtf would cause that , intake manifold leaking internally? Head gasket failure? Block cracked? Never seen something like this happen just by cranking

Holy crap. You all ain't gonna believe this, I went and starting taking spark splugs out so I could run the bore camera back in, antifreeze came out of every single one... both sides. Now wtf would cause that , intake manifold leaking internally? Head gasket failure? Block cracked? Never seen something like this happen just by cranking

Pretty odd.

Recent rebuild? Heads not torqued to spec?

I seem to recall someone suggesting that you pull the engine apart and inspect everything before trying to start it. :rolleyes:

So now it's all wet, ...like a boat anchor.:D

Something break in the bottom end perhaps? Or perhaps something broken in the bellhousing area and it's got it jammed? Trans is in neutral with the axle off the ground as I thought at first maybe it'd popped into drive or something

Undo the torque converter to flywheel bolts and see if it will turn over....

If it will turn over, then it's the trans, if it doesn't it't the engine...

Last time I had a jammed crank, the piston hit the valve and the connecting rod was a pretzel wrapped around the crank counter weight...

Hydrolocked. Who woulda thunked.
Intake gasket.

Turn the engine over with the spark plugs out to get the liquid out of the cylinders, drain the antifreeze, then see if it will crank over and fire with no coolant... Don't let it run for more than 5 minutes without coolant...

Or how about doing a compression and leak down test and go from there...

Go back to basics when trying to revive an engine that's been sitting for years...

-
Back