Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You wanna know what frosts my cookies?
4200 dollar scan tool doesent cover my 2005 nissan x-trail...
I tried entering it as a frontier and at least it communicates with ecu...
Will be chatting with my snap on rep.

Oops

Wrong brand. Damn reverse engineered junk! LOL :rofl::poke::poke::poke::poke:

When I was on my way into work Friday I saw a mint condition ‘77 Ford Granada that was all original right down to the whitewalls and factory wheel covers. It was the twin to this one...

61EDAB54-2474-4486-BBBF-3D553D69C84E.jpeg

I didn’t think there were any of them left out there.

I have a roast on the smoker along with potatoes, carrots, onions and mushrooms.

I have some to make beef stew in the crock pot with the oldest son tomorrow...

We usually make one each weekend and he brings some to school with him...

I always remember those cars. I replaced dozens of vinyl tops on them back in the day and that ugly oxblood burgundy interior always made me nauseous when I was in one.

Wrong brand. Damn reverse engineered junk! LOL :rofl::poke::poke::poke::poke:
Saying mac will cover it? Never tried my taskmaster. My prehistoric scan tool,saved it for the older stuff,pre obdII.
Thats good up to 2010.
What year did the manufacturers try to lock out the the aftermarket ? Somewhere around 05-08 if i recall it all took a dump for about a year.

@toolmanmike have you ever attended the big John Deere expo ? Thinking bout driving up with the kids for the one this summer. My little boy is obsessed

I went over to the neighbors house today to look at the concrete footers they poured yesterday. They apparently froze last night and have huge cracks in them. The riser anchors in them are all loose and the concrete is crumbling around them. I pointed it all out to the neighbor and will let him deal with it with his contractor. At least he knows about it now. What he decides to do is up to him.

When I was on my way into work Friday I saw a mint condition ‘77 Ford Granada that was all original right down to the whitewalls and factory wheel covers. It was the twin to this one...

View attachment 1715153948

A friend is bringing down a wagon from that era.V8 model.
Needs complete brake overhaul,but solid End to end.

Saying mac will cover it? Never tried my taskmaster. My prehistoric scan tool,saved it for the older stuff,pre obdII.
Thats good up to 2010.
What year did the manufacturers try to lock out the the aftermarket ? Somewhere around 05-08 if i recall it all took a dump for about a year.
I don't know if the MAC scanner could help either. I talked to a OTC/Bosch engineer and he said that if the manufacturer gives them the information it's in the scanner. Snap On just copies everybody elses information. Higher up's at Ford were butt heads for a few years about releasing info to the aftermarket. Foreign stuff isn't much better.

Oh ya. Green and yellow as far as the eye can see! It's cool. Let me know if you do.
Depends on when the new unit's 2 week training is. Looks like the expo is June 15/16, I'm currently scheduled for my training thru the 17th :(

I don't know if the MAC scanner could help either. I talked to a OTC/Bosch engineer and he said that if the manufacturer gives them the information it's in the scanner. Snap On just copies everybody elses information. Higher up's at Ford were butt heads for a few years about releasing info to the aftermarket. Foreign stuff isn't much better.
Dodge did similar with the Cummins ECM, have to pay extra to get that software or buy the DTRB scanner

View attachment 1715153948

Had a friend that used his Granada to tow his Talladega to the drag strip. It had a 351, C6, 9" disc brake rear.

Well i had my fun with otc,had a problem with support,so would never be my first choice.
The big 3 all tried to freeze out the aftermarket,thats when the right to repair movement started.

What finally got it back on track was ,i think in fact otc put their foot down as they were building the equipment for oem’s.

Well i had my fun with otc,had a problem with support,so would never be my first choice.
The big 3 all tried to freeze out the aftermarket,thats when the right to repair movement started.

What finally got it back on track was ,i think in fact otc put their foot down as they were building the equipment for oem’s.
Yes, GM and Chrysler Corp for starters. Bosch bought OTC to capture the AC recycling market. They didn't have anything and wanted Robinair. The European/ Asian Bosch and the OTC American coverage combined made a happy marriage. A force to be reckoned with. Last I heard S/O is having issues. There have been lawsuits concerning their reverse engineering practices.

They were cheap too. Tenderloin plus two sides and a drink for 4.50

-
Back