Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ok, ok, lets get this thing going...where is everybody???
Morning people.

I'm going back out to the garage early until 11-12. After that it will be to HOT.

Man putting new window channels in a pickup sucks. Took me two hours on one side have the other to do today.
They go for around a grand as a core.

I'm going back out to the garage early until 11-12. After that it will be to HOT.
I have a/c. But only in the office.
I installed a small fan to move air into shop, so it helps cool some.

I have a/c. But only in the office.
I installed a small fan to move air into shop, so it helps cool some.
I have a fan, and that time of day the drive becomes shaded. Its not horrible but with our humidity it gets really sticky. The new garage will have AC.

So Z whatcha doing in the garage?
Been doing some touch up paint on the 55, fixing all the little things that didn't get done during the mini restoration it went in for. Got a call yesterday from the guy. He's coming here Tuesday to finish up the custom trunk he did and a couple other things.
I'd already gone out and talked to another guy about finishing the job. I didn't thing I'd ever hear from this guy again.

Speaking of garages, Chris got the bid yesterday for my 30x30. He didn't break it down by material and labor so can't help you there.

I think they're a neat car, but they don't do anything for me....especially at that price.

My father went down hard with Alzheimer’s/dementia 6 years ago, but we still care for him and he still finds things in life to enjoy...even if he barely understands them. He is 82 now and we don’t find caring for him to be a burden. It is a cherished responsibility for a man who gave us life.

It was hard to watch him decline at first...but after awhile, you realize that it is just a part of the cycle of life and caring for him now is as much my responsibility as his caring for me as a child was.

My wife’s mother lost her father to suicide when he made the choice to end it rather than be a “burden”. But he was totally wrong. The burden of dealing with him checking out early was far harder on his children than the years of caring for their mother in her final years ever was.
A great message there Dave.

My father went down hard with Alzheimer’s/dementia 6 years ago, but we still care for him and he still finds things in life to enjoy...even if he barely understands them. He is 82 now and we don’t find caring for him to be a burden. It is a cherished responsibility for a man who gave us life.

It was hard to watch him decline at first...but after awhile, you realize that it is just a part of the cycle of life and caring for him now is as much my responsibility as his caring for me as a child was.

My wife’s mother lost her father to suicide when he made the choice to end it rather than be a “burden”. But he was totally wrong. The burden of dealing with him checking out early was far harder on his children than the years of caring for their mother in her final years ever was.

My brother Mark, Hung himself in public at age 48.. As much as I tried to help him , over the years, he always went his own way. He loved life so much, that he partied EVERY day. Never married, never had a super meaningful job, bounced around. Did 1 1/2 yrs in the Army before they kicked him. I tried to tell my mom to let me handle his inheritance, but she would not listen. He got a 6 figure inheritance on Feb 5th 2006, He went through all that money, quickly..He hung himself on March 28, 2006. R.I.P. Mark

My brother Mark, Hung himself in public at age 48.. As much as I tried to help him , over the years, he always went his own way. He loved life so much, that he partied EVERY day. Never married, never had a super meaningful job, bounced around. Did 1 1/2 yrs in the Army before they kicked him. I tried to tell my mom to let me handle his inheritance, but she would not listen. He got a 6 figure inheritance on Feb 5th 2006, He went through all that money, quickly..He hung himself on March 28, 2006. R.I.P. Mark
That's a sad story Mitch but it sounds like he lived life to the fullest. Something to be said for that.

WOW!!
Could almost buy 1/4 of the car for that price!
Some of those birds go for 1 mil plus

I think they're a neat car, but they don't do anything for me....especially at that price.
same here, they're cool and are, but they are HUGE, heavy cars. and I'd never own one even if i could afford it. Same with a 1 of 7 hemi cuda, neat cars but I want something i can drive and if someone wrecks it, well, i can find a replacement easily.

-
Back