Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I do remember the Black Sheep series and the Rat Patrol

Why it sucks to get old...

A4290F18-9C99-49C5-B417-0F0E0EA3AB82.jpeg

I've already told my wife that if I get to the point like my grandmother with her dementia, just hand me a .45 and walk me to the tallest oak on the farm and leave me. I'm not putting my family thru that. Too painful
Wrong answer.

If you get to that point, you wouldn’t know what to do anyway.

Life is all it is...and the words about ending it are just BS.

You will end as you end, if you want to check out before then to save them the heartache...do it now and save everyone the caring and love that they will build over the next 40+ years so they can get on with their lives now and forget about you.

I have to agree with Dave.
Mr Taylor was the nicest guy i ever met. He was barely 65 and
Was hit with dimentia-hard. Became unruly and sometimes violent. His family was there for him. It didnt take long for the stress to get the better of him. Was a shame.

If my mom ends up on the same path,so be it. We will deal with it.
I have 5 siblings that some of which havent spoke to her in 2 years. I feel bad if i dont go visit at least once every 2 weeks.

Storm a brewin here.
Lightning looked close, but no noise for 30 seconds? May have hit generating station. As the power blipped...

I have to agree with Dave.
Mr Taylor was the nicest guy i ever met. He was barely 65 and
Was hit with dimentia-hard. Became unruly and sometimes violent. His family was there for him. It didnt take long for the stress to get the better of him. Was a shame.

If my mom ends up on the same path,so be it. We will deal with it.
I have 5 siblings that some of which havent spoke to her in 2 years. I feel bad if i dont go visit at least once every 2 weeks.
My father went down hard with Alzheimer’s/dementia 6 years ago, but we still care for him and he still finds things in life to enjoy...even if he barely understands them. He is 82 now and we don’t find caring for him to be a burden. It is a cherished responsibility for a man who gave us life.

It was hard to watch him decline at first...but after awhile, you realize that it is just a part of the cycle of life and caring for him now is as much my responsibility as his caring for me as a child was.

My wife’s mother lost her father to suicide when he made the choice to end it rather than be a “burden”. But he was totally wrong. The burden of dealing with him checking out early was far harder on his children than the years of caring for their mother in her final years ever was.

BBQ Thursday :D Grilled red potatoes, bbqed Sweetbreads, Earl Campbell's Red Hot Hot Links on French rolls with bbq sauce and cole slaw. So glad the wind stopped :rofl:

My father went down hard with Alzheimer’s/dementia 6 years ago, but we still care for him and he still finds things in life to enjoy...even if he barely understands them. He is 82 now and we don’t find caring for him to be a burden. It is a cherished responsibility for a man who gave us life.

It was hard to watch him decline at first...but after awhile, you realize that it is just a part of the cycle of life and caring for him now is as much my responsibility as his caring for me as a child was.

My wife’s mother lost her father to suicide when he made the choice to end it rather than be a “burden”. But he was totally wrong. The burden of dealing with him checking out early was far harder on his children than the years of caring for their mother in her final years ever was.
Hmmm good points. Same with the last as well. You're mostly likely correct. Hopefully it won't ever come to that. As you know, it's so sad to see.

Morning..
Wind spools up then quits. It gets black, then brightens up.
Very odd weather.
Tornado watch in virden. Hope there wasnt too much damage if any at all.

Had a ef1 here right after I moved in passed right in front of me coming home from work on a back road. Tell you what I thought I was dead. I was in a Neon! Actually started moving it.

-
Back