Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

You just don't find this stuff has to be a chevy guy!

what's included in that last one?
Pickup, plate, reluctor and the roll pin think cap clips also were in the last one. Stole the dam thing. Those condensers are hard to find got the whole box under $20 1938-54

What's in it now?
318 poly push button transmission
fixed
Good Morning
Actually... no. not really. I already have 2 spare 440s, 2 spare big block push buttons transmissions with correct driveshafts and a spare original 64 big block radiator. The 318 poly has to be rebuilt regardless. For now, I'm swapping in the running spare 318 poly I have. But I want to eventually rebuild the original engine but poly rebuild costs are no joke, 3 times that of a 440. custom pistons are required and I've been quoted anywhere from 1100 to 1500 alone for those. My forged pistons for my 440 were barely 400.. with rings.

my 64 polara 4 door weighed in at just over 3400 pounds on our bean scales. granted its missing probably 100 pounds of sheet metal floors lol

Hey! It's Summer!
Changed a few boards on the deck yesterday.
Rainy start today.
Thought it might be dried up in time to do more today, but not likely. Clearing up, but still a light drizzle. Oh well guess it's a take-it-easy morning.

318 poly push button transmission
Actually... no. not really. I already have 2 spare 440s, 2 spare big block push buttons transmissions with correct driveshafts and a spare original 64 big block radiator. The 318 poly has to be rebuilt regardless. For now, I'm swapping in the running spare 318 poly I have. But I want to eventually rebuild the original engine but poly rebuild costs are no joke, 3 times that of a 440. custom pistons are required and I've been quoted anywhere from 1100 to 1500 alone for those. My forged pistons for my 440 were barely 400.. with rings.
So, serious question...
Why do they call it a 'poly'?

poly-spherical shaped combustion chamber. The Early Hemi head thoughts...
essentially, you can actually bolt early hemi heads onto the poly with some minimal clearance-ing of the block, provided you can find them.

-
Back