Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Air hammer,blunt bit and drool water into where rust builds up.
Rust soaks up the water and the percussion breaks up the rust hydraulically...
Like a stuck ball mount in a trailer hitch.
Hot water is faster too.

Air hammer,blunt bit and drool water into where rust builds up.
Rust soaks up the water and the percussion breaks up the rust hydraulically...
Like a stuck ball mount in a trailer hitch.
Hot water is faster too.
There is actually a tool that clamps to the rod, you drive the tool with a BFH to knock em loose.. Never needed one myself. Mine always came out fairly easy.
5017d1325516157-torsion-bar-100_1719.jpg

There is actually a tool that clamps to the rod, you drive the tool with a BFH to knock em loose.. Never needed one myself. Mine always came out fairly easy.
I tried that tool on that 70 dart I had last year, busted it and gouged the bar.

View attachment 1715191856
Being a cheap ***, I drilled holes in a big piece of angle iron for 3 u-bolts. clamped it down and tapped the angle iron with a hammer.. Like butter!

I tried that tool on that 70 dart I had last year, busted it and gouged the bar.
I did the ones on my car with vice grips over copper sheet like a soft jaw vise. (I destroyed a pair of Chinese/flee market vice grips). The ones on the car I just stripped I loosened everything and tapped the lca's back. Everything just dropped out without ever grabbing the bar and chancing gouging.

So,Doc prescribed Ramipril for my suspected high blood pressure.
Yup, another med. another sign of growing old...

I did the ones on my car with vice grips over copper sheet like a soft jaw vise. (I destroyed a pair of Chinese/flee market vice grips). The ones on the car I just stripped I loosened everything and tapped the lca's back. Everything just dropped out without ever grabbing the bar and chancing gouging.
Hey I never thought of that. The LCA needs to come out regardless so that may just work

I have never had an issue with torsion bar removal. Just loosen everything up and pry on the lower control arm to the rear.

-
Back