Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I always had a soft spot for those cars. My Mom drove one and it was supposed to be my first car...but my dumbass older sister drove it into a tree, wrecking it.
I replied to the ad because my friend is not a member but he wants a car like that for his wife.

So if the seller can get it here ( he used to live in co) or if shipping isn't a killer, then I have a hook up that would be a sure sale on that car.

Then it would inherit the built slant six in my demon

20180804_194330.jpg

If properly machined and pressed in, the seats won't fall out... John machines the proper size hole and uses dry ice to cool the new seat inserts before pressing them in so they go in better and have the proper interference so they don't come out....
Interesting. So essentially Chrysler screwed up and made the tolerance too loose and over time the seats fall out?

If properly machined and pressed in, the seats won't fall out... John machines the proper size hole and uses dry ice to cool the new seat inserts before pressing them in so they go in better and have the proper interference so they don't come out....
That’s not the issue, it’s the MDS. The head temperature differential on those engines caused the valve seats to drop after cruising in MDS mode. The later heads had the valve seats pinned in so it wouldn’t happen. It was an engineering failure of the initial design.

I replied to the ad because my friend is not a member but he wants a car like that for his wife.

So if the seller can get it here ( he used to live in co) or if shipping isn't a killer, then I have a hook up that would be a sure sale on that car.

Then it would inherit the built slant six in my demon

View attachment 1715206904
Love the air cleaner!

My former boss got a Suzuki Esteem as a loaner while his car was in the shop. I printed off 'LOW SELF' and taped it in front of the ESTEEM badge.. He loved it. Left it there and returned the car with it on there..

We once had a Ford conversion van... One time we went cruising around in it and put the rear table down so it could be used as a bed... Then we took our shirts off and did push-up so the people following behind us would think someone was "doing the nasty" back there... :lol:

Then our friend, Jerry (now brother in-law) decided to give them the "pressed hams" and put his bare @ss against the back window mooning the car behind us.... :D :D

We traded in that van a few weeks later and it still had his *** print on the back window.... :lol:

Actually we don't know Jerry.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Nice! I might have to write BASKET on some of our Case equipment..
Our municipal public works dept.got a new deer excavator a week ago. Seven weeks late.
It broke down. The dealer never showed on thursday, and didnt return calla on friday. The public works manager is livid...$203,000 and it broke in a week.

Replace the heads with newer replacement versions made after 2008 for that engine...not ones from the later engines, they don’t match and won’t work. 2009 intoduced the VVT Eagle that solves all those issues.
So Eagle head it Is. was just reading on the LX forums that one can swap those on. Should I decided to actually put these into something.
Right now, they can sit in the corner with the others.

But let me ask this. My 07 Durango 5.7, is this something I need to be watching for in it?

Our municipal public works dept.got a new deer excavator a week ago. Seven weeks late.
It broke down. The dealer never showed on thursday, and didnt return calla on friday. The public works manager is livid...$203,000 and it broke in a week.

Once a car in front of us had a window sticker on the back advertising "Anuts.com"....

It turned into a parking lot and the occupants went into a grade school.... :steering:

So I took my key and scraped the "t" off so it said "Anus.com".... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's a 225

So 360 minus 225 is 135.

I have never had a 170 and not sure I would want one. They seem a short on torque and won't perform like a 225

My 66 Valiant originally had a 170 slant 6.... Worn out it still got 20 MPG....

That’s not the issue, it’s the MDS. The head temperature differential on those engines caused the valve seats to drop after cruising in MDS mode. The later heads had the valve seats pinned in so it wouldn’t happen. It was an engineering failure of the initial design.
That explains why they wanted to turn off the MDS on the recall in the Durango

So Eagle head it Is. was just reading on the LX forums that one can swap those on. Should I decided to actually put these into something.
Right now, they can sit in the corner with the others.

But let me ask this. My 07 Durango 5.7, is this something I need to be watching for in it?
Yep. Make sure to idle for at least 10 mins after getting off of driving at cruising speeds to let the head temperature equalize before shutting the engine off. Better yet, get a Diablo Sport tuner and shut the MDS off.

Yep. Make sure to idle for at least 10 mins after getting off of driving at cruising speeds to let the head temperature equalize. Better yet, get a Diablo Sport tuner and shut the MDS off.

Mine is off thankfully. Did not want to spend 200 bucks per sensor to replace them. So I had it turned off when the manager at the dealer highly suggested it

-
Back