Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning.
Yesterday’s work took its toll.
Right hip is sore. Lots of climbing stepping and general walking around. It will be done today,and on to next much smaller projects.

Good early morning.
Well went to the car show yesterday, following a buddy with his truck and trailer, a two hour drive.
Pull the ramp down and unhooked my car. My tennis shoes were wet due to the wet tall grass they had at the site. As I walked up the ramp towards the rear of the car I started to reach for something and both feet went out from underneath me resulting in a hard fall on the ramp. I don't know if it was the sudden fall, the angle of the ramp, or both, but I fell hard dislocating my right shoulder. This is the third time in 20 years I've dislocated it.

I had my buddy tie my car down. I walked around for an hour thinking I could pop it back in which I did last time. Wasn't going to happen this time.
Since I was two hours from home, wife was even farther at her Mom's, I had the local ambulance take me to the hospital 20 minutes away. There the ER Doc had it popped back in in about 30 seconds. The sharp pain was gone, now just weak, stiff, and sore. It will be a few weeks based on experience before I feel 100%.

Sat at the hospital three hours and Cheryl showed up. She drove back to the show, visited with the people who'd offered help. I got in the truck and drove home with Cheryl following. My neighbor helped unload the car, and he put it in the garage. He rode with me, and helped put the truck and trailer in storage.

So up in the middle of the night hungry. Guess I'm feeling better. Needless to say not doing too much the next few days and let it heal. I'll probably go in to my civilian ortho and have him take a look.

Think I'll put a couple 24" wide traction strips on the ramp floor. Don't want to do this ever again.
that sucks

Size matters...
Female per Dozen (Small) $22.95
Male Small per Dozen $26.95
Male Small - Med per Dozen $36
Male Medium per Dozen $42
Male Med - Lg per Dozen $49
Male Large per Dozen $56
Male X-Large per Dozen $65
Male XX-Large per Dozen $70
Male Jumbo per Dozen $80
Male X-Jumbo per Dozen $90
Male Real Darn Big per Dozen $100

Women who say size doesn't matter are shallow... :D

As tomorrow is the last official day of my vacation, I am looking back at the time on the water and I am reminded of a famous quote..

“And the sea shall grant each man new hope...and the promise of a better home.”

I hope that remains true as I return to the madness of work and gives me the strength to find my “better home” away from that place.

I saw in myself something far better that all of that during the 2 weeks of contemplation while fishing...and the sea responded by giving me all I asked...as if to confirm my thoughts.

My internal compass has been righted, my strength of will returned...and may God help those that get in the way of my path forward.

I am restored.

That's the fighting spirit you need to get through... :thumbsup:

Good early morning.
Well went to the car show yesterday, following a buddy with his truck and trailer, a two hour drive.
Pull the ramp down and unhooked my car. My tennis shoes were wet due to the wet tall grass they had at the site. As I walked up the ramp towards the rear of the car I started to reach for something and both feet went out from underneath me resulting in a hard fall on the ramp. I don't know if it was the sudden fall, the angle of the ramp, or both, but I fell hard dislocating my right shoulder. This is the third time in 20 years I've dislocated it.

I had my buddy tie my car down. I walked around for an hour thinking I could pop it back in which I did last time. Wasn't going to happen this time.
Since I was two hours from home, wife was even farther at her Mom's, I had the local ambulance take me to the hospital 20 minutes away. There the ER Doc had it popped back in in about 30 seconds. The sharp pain was gone, now just weak, stiff, and sore. It will be a few weeks based on experience before I feel 100%.

Sat at the hospital three hours and Cheryl showed up. She drove back to the show, visited with the people who'd offered help. I got in the truck and drove home with Cheryl following. My neighbor helped unload the car, and he put it in the garage. He rode with me, and helped put the truck and trailer in storage.

So up in the middle of the night hungry. Guess I'm feeling better. Needless to say not doing too much the next few days and let it heal. I'll probably go in to my civilian ortho and have him take a look.

Think I'll put a couple 24" wide traction strips on the ramp floor. Don't want to do this ever again.

You need to get adhesive ducks....

Good early morning.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder...

Take it easy so it heals quickly...

Mornin Gang. Sorry bout the shoulder Cragar....I feel your pain....Literally...I have trouble with my left shoulder.. Had surgery on it 30 yrs ago , to keep from popping it out, but I fear the shortening of the tendons they did, is wearing out. I try to work out and exercise , but its painfull sometimes...

Well looks like I will have all the sheet metal needed for the cuda between the new QP patch panes and cobbling a few front fenders together it should work out. Actually pretty happy about it. Had Chuck here yesterday doing the body survey!

Well looks like I will have all the sheet metal needed for the cuda between the new QP patch panes and cobbling a few front fenders together it should work out. Actually pretty happy about it. Had Chuck here yesterday doing the body survey!
So... What assessment does Chuck make, of YOUR Body, Ray ????????

you said sheet metal and cobbling , I though it was Franks post. lol

So... What assessment does Chuck make, of YOUR Body, Ray ????????
To easy!
64ef21a8a197d725be81e42051518840.gif

-
Back