Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I havent started any sheet metal cobbling. Coming soon!
Decided to redo the fenders, unhappy with previous owners attempt.

Mornin Gang. Sorry bout the shoulder Cragar....I feel your pain....Literally...I have trouble with my left shoulder.. Had surgery on it 30 yrs ago , to keep from popping it out, but I fear the shortening of the tendons they did, is wearing out. I try to work out and exercise , but its painfull sometimes...
Never had surgery yet, but still 23 years later do my rehab shoulder exercises three four times a week. I have to be careful with the right shoulder lifting above my head. This injury is always the worse thing I've ever experienced. At least when it happens I know what to expect.

sleep.jpg

Never had surgery yet, but still 23 years later do my rehab shoulder exercises three four times a week. I have to be careful with the right shoulder lifting above my head. This injury is always the worse thing I've ever experienced. At least when it happens I know what to expect.
Think i woud be out of business if i couldnt work with my arms over my head. But its likely less likely as the muscles are developed from doing that kind of work for 20 plus years.

Think i woud be out of business if i couldnt work with my arms over my head. But its likely less likely as the muscles are developed from doing that kind of work for 20 plus years.
Oh I can over my head its the angle I do it at. Straight up is a no, no. Have to go up at a slight angle. Just have to listen and feel the shoulder joint. The shoulder will remind me and tell me if I'm doing it wrong. Been living with it for years so usually never ever a problem.

Yeah... I had the same problem, for years. Started when I was about 19, pulling apart 6 pac plastic holders, but I tried 2. I could feel my left shoulder pop out and back in quickly. Must have stretched the tendons on that day, because thats when I would have trouble , if I got the arm above my head, it would pop out. I would always put it back myself, but it got worse as time went on. Then I went on a skiing trip with some Buds.. I wasa novice, but they took me to the Diamond slopes... I fell and popped it out. I lay there for 25 mins, trying to get it back in. Thats when I decided to get surgery on it. So I looked up the Redskins Surgeon, and he operated on it in 1987. But I fear the tendons are stretching again , now...

Alrighty then. I'll be back shortly.. And I'll bring some jalapeno kolaches for the more daring palate...

Good Morning All! I wasn't lurking.....I was looking up what a jalapeno kolaches were, never heard of one but it looks good! I haven't seen jalapeno sausage in these parts, but maybe wasn't looking. Wondering if I have lived ha ha!

Good early morning.
Well went to the car show yesterday, following a buddy with his truck and trailer, a two hour drive.
Pull the ramp down and unhooked my car. My tennis shoes were wet due to the wet tall grass they had at the site. As I walked up the ramp towards the rear of the car I started to reach for something and both feet went out from underneath me resulting in a hard fall on the ramp. I don't know if it was the sudden fall, the angle of the ramp, or both, but I fell hard dislocating my right shoulder. This is the third time in 20 years I've dislocated it.

I had my buddy tie my car down. I walked around for an hour thinking I could pop it back in which I did last time. Wasn't going to happen this time.
Since I was two hours from home, wife was even farther at her Mom's, I had the local ambulance take me to the hospital 20 minutes away. There the ER Doc had it popped back in in about 30 seconds. The sharp pain was gone, now just weak, stiff, and sore. It will be a few weeks based on experience before I feel 100%.

Sat at the hospital three hours and Cheryl showed up. She drove back to the show, visited with the people who'd offered help. I got in the truck and drove home with Cheryl following. My neighbor helped unload the car, and he put it in the garage. He rode with me, and helped put the truck and trailer in storage.

So up in the middle of the night hungry. Guess I'm feeling better. Needless to say not doing too much the next few days and let it heal. I'll probably go in to my civilian ortho and have him take a look.

Think I'll put a couple 24" wide traction strips on the ramp floor. Don't want to do this ever again.
Morning all. Dang Z man, be carefull and don't hurt yourself. Hope you heal quickly. I'm off to the car show with my 66. The forecast looks pretty good with little chance of rain until early evening. May be I can check in with some pics later.

Yeah... I had the same problem, for years. Started when I was about 19, pulling apart 6 pac plastic holders, but I tried 2. I could feel my left shoulder pop out and back in quickly. Must have stretched the tendons on that day, because thats when I would have trouble , if I got the arm above my head, it would pop out. I would always put it back myself, but it got worse as time went on. Then I went on a skiing trip with some Buds.. I wasa novice, but they took me to the Diamond slopes... I fell and popped it out. I lay there for 25 mins, trying to get it back in. Thats when I decided to get surgery on it. So I looked up the Redskins Surgeon, and he operated on it in 1987. But I fear the tendons are stretching again , now...
I've been sitting here this morning taking my left hand holding my right hand stretching my right arm out to a 45* angle and slowly moving it back and forth, and up and down. Getting some good pops on the back of the joint and shoulder blades things going back into place. You know what I mean.

I am stuck at work which is why I wished a good morning to all that didn't have to work - 4am - 4pm today. Sorry for leaving anyone out....could go for a donut though

2nd cup this morning. Guess thats what waking up at 05:00 does.
Wife got up too,had a coffee and is now on the couch snoring...

Not sure what I did to my shoulders, but both were getting bad last year or so. Was popping a good bit of Aleve. Doc said it was my rotators just need to be careful. I guess I was over reaching and working them too hard in awkward positions. Overhead and reaching back. I change a lot of lights at work, just have to be very aware of position. Get down and move the ladder....
Right one rarely bothers me anymore. Left one was much worse. I started wearing a slip on brace a few months ago and has made a big improvement.

I've been sitting here this morning taking my left hand holding my right hand stretching my right arm out to a 45* angle and slowly moving it back and forth, and up and down. Getting some good pops on the back of the joint and shoulder blades things going back into place. You know what I mean.
where's that Daffy gif?:lol:

-
Back