Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I put flex plate back in.
The engine was intended to be run as a derby car,8 pipes sticking out of hood when i went to see the engine run.
Car didnt have a mark on it,76,000 miles on it. It never made it to the track, but you can bet it was test driven...im thinking that had something to do with it marking up the torque.
As the marks looked really fresh.

I put flex plate back in.
The engine was intended to be run as a derby car,8 pipes sticking out of hood when i went to see the engine run.
Car didnt have a mark on it,76,000 miles on it. It never made it to the track, but you can bet it was test driven...im thinking that had something to do with it marking up the torque.
As the marks looked really fresh.
You didn’t say if it had clearance while static. I assume it did?

Honestly i didnt check it. Transmission is going into the archives,as it doesent have a home.

Went to my Doc today for my quarterly well visit. It’s confirmed, I am down 30 lbs since this time last year. :)

Now, on to the next year...

I was just thinking 66 goes Barstow to Needles. Has to cross the river to Arizona and Oatman. The only river crossings in that neighborhood are Davis Dam by Bullhead City/Laughlin, The I40 bridge south of Needles, and this little skinnyass one lane bridge at Needles. Davis Dam completed 1951, I40 mid 60s. 66 must have used that 1 lane bridge at Needles. In Oatman you get to play Dodgeburro, the burros run around there like stray cats. 66 east of Oatman is an experience in itself.

Nothing worth mentioning. 2.73
If i recall.
Mine is a SURE GRIP.
Careful with that posi thing, you never know who may be lurking....

First time Mopar showing right there. I do have a positive traction device in my Suburban (14 bolt full float). It is a Lock-rite, which is a brand name as you may know. So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is besides a shuregrip, which must be OEM Mopar, are there any other non one wheel spinning aftermarket traction devices for the 8.25? Don't want limited slip.

First time Mopar showing right there. I do have a positive traction device in my Suburban (14 bolt full float). It is a Lock-rite, which is a brand name as you may know. So I guess what I'm trying to figure out is besides a shuregrip, which must be OEM Mopar, are there any other non one wheel spinning aftermarket traction devices for the 8.25? Don't want limited slip.
IDK why you are opposed to a sure-grip. It performs using the same principles as a “Posi”.

There are no other options unless you want to install a computer controlled brake-lock differential system.

IDK why you are opposed to a sure-grip. It performs using the same principles as a “Posi”.

There are no other options unless you want to install a computer controlled brake-lock differential system.

I prefer one actually, just was asking in case I couldn't find. Also, does suregrip carrier work with 3.55's? Mine was a truck rear end I believe, and it's "non-suregrip".

I am here bringing in #3. Was catching up on emails....Good Morning All.

Goodmorning.
#4.
Rain again. This isnt good. I need to pull a wheel hub on a 97 ram 1 ton diesel. Outside. If its as fubar as im thinking, i cant have it sitting on my hoist waiting for parts.

Goodmorning.
#4.
Rain again. This isnt good. I need to pull a wheel hub on a 97 ram 1 ton diesel. Outside. If its as fubar as im thinking, i cant have it sitting on my hoist waiting for parts.
I have to pull one on my 3/4 ton ram and IT is a big job. I keep putting it off.

During my transmission change yesterday, as im moving it around on the pallet, the oil pan springs a leak. Go figure.
No spare oil pan for my 318.
Order a new one. 2 weeks. Chrome. Will have to do.

I have to pull one on my 3/4 ton ram and IT is a big job. I keep putting it off.
This is 2wd,just heavy chunks. My issue is,how far did he go with blown wheel bearings,being a diesel,it can do a lot of damage.

-
Back