Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey @memike my return trip to avoid the hurricane late next week may bring me up in your neck of the woods. Looks like it's gonna be hitting the Carolinas and Georgia sometime Friday/Saturday. I think we may leave Saturday morning, drive west and come up thru Mississippi and Arkansas to avoid the storm
You'll need to stop in and say Hi!

Maybe Chris's wife is posting for him.

Good Morning!
Haha

She and kids still sleeping. I'm sitting on the porch bored as hell, watching a thunderstorm rolling in over the water. (Which is cool as hell by the way)

Hey @memike my return trip to avoid the hurricane late next week may bring me up in your neck of the woods. Looks like it's gonna be hitting the Carolinas and Georgia sometime Friday/Saturday. I think we may leave Saturday morning, drive west and come up thru Mississippi and Arkansas to avoid the storm
Find your way to Jonesboro Arkansas, and keep me updated, would be neat to meet you.

Was planning to take down a basketball hoop in my driveway today. Right behind where I park the Duster. Hasn't been used in years and there's a pretty serious looking rust spot on side of pole. Don't want to let go another winter. Wasn't supposed to rain till afternoon. Borrowed a hammer drill from work to bust up the concrete around the pole. Not looking like I will get a break in the rain though. :(

I was going to say "Listen to Chris for once"...

But decided to be nice and not put the jab in.... :poke:
That's ok, that was the first thing that popped into my brain when you said it haha

Was planning to take down a basketball hoop in my driveway today. Right behind where I park the Duster. Hasn't been used in years and there's a pretty serious looking rust spot on side of pole. Don't want to let go another winter. Wasn't supposed to rain till afternoon. Borrowed a hammer drill from work to bust up the concrete around the pole. Not looking like I will get a break in the rain though. :(
Is it a 1930s to 1960s hoop?

Find your way to Jonesboro Arkansas, and keep me updated, would be neat to meet you.

I was in Blytheville for 9 months with work when I graduated... Me and the gf/wife/ex would go 45 minutes west to Jonesboro and get some Mexican food... There was a good Mexican restaurant there that we liked to go to....

For once the NWS was about right. They said rain would start overnight here and it did.

A hack saw would be my choice of tools, then fill it in with sand and gravel

I was in Blytheville for 9 months with work when I graduated... Me and the gf/wife/ex would go 45 minutes west to Jonesboro and get some Mexican food... There was a good Mexican restaurant there that we liked to go to....
Well Chit man/brother !! why didn't we get together for a few laughs, you are always welcome here :thumbsup:

A hack saw would be my choice of tools, then fill it in with sand and gravel
Nah,will see how it breaks up if the whole thing comes out or not... But, I want it at least a few inches below level to put dirt it. And if there is any sawing to be done it will be with one of these...
PC_9741.jpg

Well Chit man/brother !! why didn't we get together for a few laughs, you are always welcome here :thumbsup:

That was back in 1990 before the internet and FABO... I hadn't met/known you back then... If I did, I would have come by.... :D :steering:

I found my 66 Valiant wagon in Blytheville just before I moved back up north and bought it... It belonged to a guy that was a Chrysler dealer mechanic his whole life... I got some good literature from his son when I bought the car... Many Master Tech Bulletins and a few old service manuals...

@memike, that's a crazy cool beer sign you found.
Thank you Mike, it is 50 years old and still in great shap for it's age, I know the Frio Beer man here in our state on facebook, a good beer that is brewed here in Arkansas and is glutton free beer, he jumped in and wants to buy it, we will see

Is it a 1930s to 1960s hoop?
more like a 2005. lol I think I put it in when my daughter was in middle school and she is 22 now...
The pole could probably be repaired. Everything else is still pretty good. just needs a net. I put it on CL for $40, I did get a response yesterday. Hoping they get back to me. Would rather give it away and see someone get some use out of it than scrap it. But it won't be worth a **** by the time I have any grandkids (if that ever happens)

more like a 2005. lol I think I put it in when my daughter was in middle school and she is 22 now...
The pole could probably be repaired. Everything else is still pretty good. just needs a net. I put it on CL for $40, I did get a response yesterday. Hoping they get back to me. Would rather give it away and see someone get some use out of it than scrap it. But it won't be worth a **** by the time I have any grandkids (if that ever happens)
Cool.

I'm looking for an original 1930s to 1960s actual basket hoop. We had one on our barn from when my grandfather was a kid that got destroyed when the side of the barn got ripped off a few years back. Haven't been able to find one since

-
Back