Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I've looked at it and just don't think I can do it right that way. First think I got to do is get it cleaned up before I can paint it.
Sucks but just looked at the 66 pull the windshield! Not really hard to do on that one.

I just took the dash out of the wrecked 74 swinger and believe me it is not an easy job. To tilt it back to paint it you need to remove the windshield to get at the front bolts. Like Hoppy says enamel and a brush
If I pull the windshield all I have to do then is tape it all off and paint. I talked to a buddy yesterday who ran a Safelite shop for years. He said the only fear would be the glass breaking due to age.

Gone now was all in Chinese characters, gone now.

C bodies.jpg

If I pull the windshield all I have to do then is tape it all off and paint. I talked to a buddy yesterday who ran a Safelite shop for years. He said the only fear would be the glass breaking due to age.
Bingo! I helped destroy the windshield of a 70 Chevelle. It was all but out and zing

Breaking is an inherited risk, but I see several places that sell replacement glass.

Well I was watching the movie Stage Coach with Waylon, Willie and the boys...now it's time to do something.

Breaking is an inherited risk, but I see several places that sell replacement glass.
To be real honest. All those years there is tiny pits in the glass. You would be amazed how nice a brand new windshield would be

I need one for the 64 all I can find are tinted on top and it is the dot matrix type of tint painted on the glass. I don't want that.

Morning.....
Ray AMD has a nice windshield. Need to figure out if mine is tinted or clear.

We are to get our first frost tonight
Maybe later this week for us. Could see my breath in cold air when I took the dog out last night.

MORNING.......
Just back read yesterday....didn't miss much.
Karl has was your trip across the border?? Go see Chris :poke:
I believe that is today, but I thought the same thing. lol

Hey a question for the brain trust.
I want to clean up and paint that area between the back edge of the dash pad running across the dash and the window.
To do it am I better pulling the front window, or pulling the dash pad back??
Of course I'll have some professional help.
I believe your window slope is close to Duster. It's a pain in the arse just to clean. Can't see doing a decent paint job with the glass in.

Fixed! I should post a "nice butt" photo but it is Sunday morning in the coffee shop. LOL
T & A Do it! :thumbsup:

I need one for the 64 all I can find are tinted on top and it is the dot matrix type of tint painted on the glass. I don't want that.
I don't recall exactly what my top tint looked like. I think the new glass is blue and old looked brown. But I wonder, did the tint color fade out?

Good Morning!

I was just thinking the same thing.

-
Back