Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Van is running. Glad thats over with. Would like to take tomorrow off, not gonna happen. Nissan needs winter tires. Near dead pt cruiser needs to be moved.
And the list goes on.

Doesn't look too bad if you don't mind a project. Sometimes it's better to pass and save up to find a better piece to build. It could be a big savings of time and money in the long run. I spent a few thousand for my 66 but it was a cool car and all there. It was in need of a drivers fender and lower 1/4 repair. I heard the engine run and figured the drive train was solid. Oh by the way, The 64 Polara owner and I are still talking. ANyone know of a good transporter from Cali to Iowa?
I can’t recommend a good one, but I can warn you to NEVER use a company called “Curves Ahead” out of St. Louis. They are total **** and will leave you very unhappy.

If they screw up and damage your car, they blame the driver and walk away from all responsibility. They will also never deliver a car on time. They quote 4 days and it takes nearly 3 weeks.

They are on my permanent “Do not use” list.

This one took me over 7 hours to complete. 15 versions and over 70 separate layers across the versions.

I am pretty happy with how it turned out though...

8BB3C1FA-5C41-4EBA-9CEB-B6DA09BFB235.jpeg

$3 frozen sausage pizza with fresh red bell pepper and a couple drops of hot sauce. :thumbsup: And of course...
BEER!
View attachment 1715235075
Plan B turned into B revised. LOL. Stir fried chicken with string beans and sliced almonds using a marinate of soy-ginger-garlic-basil in cream sherry and olive oil. On regular white rice. Keep forgetting to buy some sticky rice when I'm at the co op.

Plan B turned into B revised. LOL. Stir fried chicken with string beans and sliced almonds using a marinate of soy-ginger-garlic-basil in cream sherry and olive oil. On regular white rice. Keep forgetting to buy some sticky rice when I'm at the co op.
You need a good rice cooker and just regular long grain rice. Believe me, after living in Hawaii where rice is a food group, we make it regularly.

It can be just a cup or 8 cups, a good rice cooker handles it all!

Just drop in rice, water and a pinch of salt and walk away. 20-30 mins later, perfect sticky rice.

You need a good rice cooker and just regular long grain rice. Believe me, after living in Hawaii where rice is a food group, we make it regularly.

It can be just a cup or 8 cups, a good rice cooker handles it all!

Just drop in rice, water and a pinch of salt and walk away. 20-30 mins later, perfect sticky rice.
Funny you mention that. My neighbors - Korean-American, also swear by rice cookers.

Doesn't look too bad if you don't mind a project. Sometimes it's better to pass and save up to find a better piece to build. It could be a big savings of time and money in the long run. I spent a few thousand for my 66 but it was a cool car and all there. It was in need of a drivers fender and lower 1/4 repair. I heard the engine run and figured the drive train was solid. Oh by the way, The 64 Polara owner and I are still talking. ANyone know of a good transporter from Cali to Iowa?

I was tempted if it was in better shape to build it instead of my 74. But I'm passing. For now. its not got a title so that's a pause as it's a Medicaid situation involving power of attorney and their approval on sale price

I'm sure we can get that arranged lol

Always nice to have a helper when bleeding. I rarely do. End up using whatever is around to hold the pedal down for final pumps.
I will post up the second to ultimate rig for bleeding brakes.its easy to build one.

I will post up the second to ultimate rig for bleeding brakes.its easy to build one.
I'll be intersted. I have few liquid trap contraptions I use. One was a stopper with a double hole and two glass pipes, one necked down. it fit pretty well in a snapple jar. Eventually I decided I didn't care for having the possiblilty of sharp broken glass and started aquiring commercially made plastic versions. LOL.

Its just a brake pedal hold down. I tried those check valves,have a dedicated kit for bleeding, but pedaling is still the best.

-
Back