Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
When I see a thread progress in a negative direction I get afraid, very afraid. LOL
Not sure where we're going to go when it gets to actually fixing the thing.
That blue wire from the alternator looked bad for inch or two back from the ring terminal and there's a black wire from the welded splice that's unaccounted for. :eek:

If you don't beleive in congress, the population will decline.

Oh shoot I thought was Chris when I first hit reply. lol. The guy with the battery getting hot doesn't seems to understand (based on his actions). Thats why its just one step at a time there, and sometimes a few back for things that were missed.
You're much further along in understanding the electricity and wiring.
I agree, wiring is just what connects the stuff.
:thumbsup:

And I'm not that great in electronics. Once we're into that I think a bunch of you guys are ahead of me. Hoppy and Kieth for sure, and probably others.
I've looked at the internal circuit diagrams for the GM SI regulators and I still dont fully follow the operation.
I have fixed so many delco alts i lost count. Used to repair them on the workbench when i worked in the parts store.
Only thing i couldnt do was loosen the nut for the pulley. All the farmers ran delcos on most if their equipment. If they were stuck, i would find a core and rebuild it.

@Mattax so another wiring question. If one wanted to upgrade their wiring to handle for current draw for accessories like aftermarket lights, radios, ac etc, can that be done? What about adding bigger alternators? Would that not increase the amps thru the entire system?

All the load carrying circuits need to be upgraded.
In some cases, it may be beneficial to add what some would call a subpanel. An auxilary fusebox for the accessories.
Things like amp meter cant handle anything more than the original designed setup and we all know bulkhead connector is already less than adequate.
Alt upgrades need some planning.

Oh shoot I thought was Chris when I first hit reply. lol. The guy with the battery getting hot doesn't seems to understand (based on his actions). Thats why its just one step at a time there, and sometimes a few back for things that were missed.
You're much further along in understanding the electricity and wiring.
I agree, wiring is just what connects the stuff.
:thumbsup:

And I'm not that great in electronics. Once we're into that I think a bunch of you guys are ahead of me. Hoppy and Kieth for sure, and probably others.
I've looked at the internal circuit diagrams for the GM SI regulators and I still dont fully follow the operation.
I know a lot about electronics, but don't use it enough... You are probably better at car stuff cause you do it more. And yeh, Hoppy know some ****. Part of that is electronics. Some stuff nobody should know. :eek: lol

Don’t wanna know!

65CCB6A3-B7F5-496C-B38B-56E483595118.gif

All the load carrying circuits need to be upgraded.
In some cases, it may be beneficial to add what some would call a subpanel. An auxilary fusebox for the accessories.
Things like amp meter cant handle anything more than the original designed setup and we all know bulkhead connector is already less than adequate.
Alt upgrades need some planning.
I figured as much. So if one is going full aftermarket gauges and full aftermarket every thing else, as is the case with my dart, would an aftermarket harness be a better idea?

I know a lot about electronics, but don't use it enough... You are probably better at car stuff cause you do it more. And yeh, Hoppy know some ****. Part of that is electronics. Some stuff nobody should know. :eek: lol
Thanks buddy!

I figured as much. So if one is going full aftermarket gauges and full aftermarket every thing else, as is the case with my dart, would an aftermarket harness be a better idea?
Be easier but like Matt said you will want a separate panel for the accessories. I have two one in the front for fan and some small draws and one in the rear for the fuel pump and the vac pump. did a 90 amp alt and the biggest amp battery I could find in group 27 and it just does it, during the daytime! and you have to figure out the total load so you can match the total draw to the alt/battery.

You can get satellite internet. I wouldn’t want to be out in the open ocean without a SAT phone and SAT internet link up. Worth looking into.
Very very expensive, something like $2500 per month for sat internet and slower than dial up.

I agree with a sat phone.

Hey Ray, I talked to Tony this morning. Can’t say he actually answered the question but he got me squared away! Thanks :thumbsup:

-
Back