Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
No UBER today!!!!!!
29454_jpg.gif

Loctite 2620 is good to 650 degrees, don't know that that is high enough and don't know how well it performs so how's that for help?
I have some of that. I was hoping to find something to hold around 1200 degrees to be safe.

Most engines use studs. The shoulder on the stud wedges in the head. They usually dont come out.

Goodmorning, btw..
Minus 8. Chilly.
Snowblower needs a little cleanup on the welds and re-assembly.

I did get the 59 dollar belt sander.
It is just as good if not better than the slap-on i borrowed.
Way faster and uses less air.
Had to clean up a bashed up shaft, not only cleaned it but made a nice taper on the end.
Only thing that came to mind was it removes metal very quickly.

The princess auto flyer came out tuesday,i swear they do that just to piss me off, its on for $39. Dammit. I dont care, i didnt spend 550 on it. Im 490 ahead.

Low 50 today and sunny. Might try to drag the cuda parts car somewhere better before snow starts, not in the way now but it is where I pile most of the snow.

i know it's early but does anyone know of a thread sealant that is high temp enough to survive on exhaust manifolds?
Torque them properly and they shouldn't come out. Does it use a gasket? If the gasket is 'soft' or deteriorated then the threads lose tension.
Showed you what AMC did. Chrysler obviously didn't find it neccessary or they would have done the same or similar.
For $$ you should still be able to buy Spiralock made by Detroit Tool. Its a slightly better thread form, closer to Whitworth in cross section, designed for the purpose of preventing threads from backing out. I'd only do that if you continue to have problems.

I have some of that. I was hoping to find something to hold around 1200 degrees to be safe.
If the thread hole is close to the water jacket, the iron will be closer to 210*F than the 1200 + of the exhaust gases.
If the threads are damaged, 'nother story. Locker and sealants work best when theres actually a thread.

Torque them properly and they shouldn't come out. Does it use a gasket? If the gasket is 'soft' or deteriorated then the threads lose tension.
Showed you what AMC did. Chrysler obviously didn't find it neccessary or they would have done the same or similar.
For $$ you should still be able to buy Spiralock made by Detroit Tool. Its a slightly better thread form, closer to Whitworth in cross section, designed for the purpose of preventing threads from backing out. I'd only do that if you continue to have problems.
It does. A metal one. Gonna replace it.

Ok, thank you Ray, I am seated in this cold out house bud :usflag: Good morning :lol:

00000022.jpg

Think I ordered the last part I needed for my refurbish dash project. I still need to find a lower upper set of radiator hoses. Checked at O'Riley's the other day....no. Guess I'll have to call Summit.

-
Back