Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I just hope it works out like we want it to.
I have found not much works out in life like you want it to...but that’s no reason not to make the attempt.

Wherever it takes you, the adventure is worth trying and the experience will be it’s own reward...no matter how it turns out.

Question for you all. Do any of you have sailing experience?
My father and I hand built a 21ft Lugar Sailboat , in the front yard of our house, when I was 14. Had to take down the chain link fence to get it out on a trailer. We kept it overboard in a creek, adjoining the Chesapeake Bay. Sailed it a lot, all over the Bay for 15 years before he decided to sell it. Was a lot of fun , and great learning experience. Did get caught in a few storms, but always got away safely. Ours had a retractable center keel, so we could take it shallow, and even beach it if needed. After that , I got into powerboats, had everything from my first 15 footer with a 75 Johnson, All the way up to 28 ft Wellcraft with twin big blocks. But that can be quite expensive, for fuel and all, especially fuel prices on the Bay. Finally sold my last boat, and built a nice inground gunite pool at my house. My kids got much more use out of that... Anyhoo...boating was a blast....

My father and I hand built a 21ft Lugar Sailboat , in the front yard of our house, when I was 14. Had to take down the chain link fence to get it out on a trailer. We kept it overboard in a creek, adjoining the Chesapeake Bay. Sailed it a lot, all over the Bay for 15 years before he decided to sell it. Was a lot of fun , and great learning experience. Did get caught in a few storms, but always got away safely. Ours had a retractable center keel, so we could take it shallow, and even beach it if needed. After that , I got into powerboats, had everything from my first 15 footer with a 75 Johnson, All the way up to 28 ft Wellcraft with twin big blocks. But that can be quite expensive, for fuel and all, especially fuel prices on the Bay. Finally sold my last boat, and built a nice inground gunite pool at my house. My kids got much more use out of that... Anyhoo...boating was a blast....

I bet those are some good memories! Thanks for sharing, reason I asked is Im just wondering how tough sailing is to get the hang of.

Anyone try this before? Such a crazy taste but canr put my finger on it.

20181113_201047.jpg

Anyone try this before? Such a crazy taste but canr put my finger on it.

View attachment 1715248788
It is really really bad. Fact is it is harmful and bad for you. You need to cap it and send to my house and I will dispose of it for you in an effort to keep you safe. I have only your best interest in mind! Hah! I was sipping a custom Rye from Omaha of all places tonight. A buddy traded it to me for some welding. The distillery gives large portion to wounded warriors project. I had never heard of it but it was yummy. Enjoy

It is really really bad. Fact is it is harmful and bad for you. You need to cap it and send to my house and I will dispose of it for you in an effort to keep you safe. I have only your best interest in mind! Hah! I was sipping a custom Rye from Omaha of all places tonight. A buddy traded it to me for some welding. The distillery gives large portion to wounded warriors project. I had never heard of it but it was yummy. Enjoy
The flavor that is escaping you is almost a grassy taste but not quite.

We do a fair amount,the pinawa channel is a very busy place in the summer. My buddy has a 17-1/2 foot hydrostream,175 in the back. It touches 80 mph on a good day.
Cant play with it on the busy waters,as there are so many dumbasses out there.
We stick to the bigger water,and its closer to home anyway.

The fishing boat gets more use lately.

Good morning to those that are up and sssssshhhhhhhh for those that are still sleeping. Lucky bastards..

You also! anything good cooking today?
Nothing much as of yet Johnny, wind chill is at 21 degrees so it looks like a house cleaning and move the bed, couch and chairs for a good sweeping and mop the fall dust out, my wife still works a job so she will be a happy lady when she gets back home at 4pm. You ?

Wind chill is 21? Balmy there. I am sitting at 10 ambient...not sure where the wind dips us to.

Thanks Memike. I hope you are off to a great day as well

Nothing much as of yet Johnny, wind chill is at 21 degrees so it looks like a house cleaning and move the bed, couch and chairs for a good sweeping and mop the fall dust out, my wife still works a job so she will be a happy lady when she gets back home at 4pm. You ?
Just business as usual in the life of selling crate engines :) gotta say its a privilege to wake up and do something you truly enjoy. We're working on a new mopar 408 version, so pretty excited about that! also developing a new harmonic balancer which will come with both the magnum and LA weights, so it'll fit any SBM out there. Cool stuff!

I get to change a wheel bearing on a cavalier thats worth about 3 dollars...

-
Back