Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Now I'm eating deerburger helper for dinner, Extra Cheese

0304181937a.jpg

Ugh. So, I took the Duster for a short drive this afternoon. Ran OK, but something seemed off. Vibration had been getting better last time I ran it, and now seemed worse again. So decided to put the new cap and rotor on I got from Hoppy. I pulled the cap off and the center of the rotor that is supposed to contact the cap is burnt,nearly gone. :wtf: Put new one on then had a ***** of a time getting the left side clip next to the oil filter to snap on the cap. Start swapping wires over and one of the tips stays in the cap. Had re-crimped a couple ends previously, so not really a big surprise. I decided to try it with the old wires I still had here in a box. Checked them with a meter and one didn't conduct. Found it was right at an end. Cut it back a little and it seamed OK. Put them on. Won't even start now. :BangHead: Think I might run up to AZ in the morning and get a set of their cheap store brand they show in stock...

Ugh. So, I took the Duster for a short drive this afternoon. Ran OK, but something seemed off. Vibration had been getting better last time I ran it, and now seemed worse again. So decided to put the new cap and rotor on I got from Hoppy. I pulled the cap off and the center of the rotor that is supposed to contact the cap is burnt,nearly gone. :wtf: Put new one on then had a ***** of a time getting the left side clip next to the oil filter to snap on the cap. Start swapping wires over and one of the tips stays in the cap. Had re-crimped a couple ends previously, so not really a big surprise. I decided to try it with the old wires I still had here in a box. Checked them with a meter and one didn't conduct. Found it was right at an end. Cut it back a little and it seamed OK. Put them on. Won't even start now. :BangHead: Think I might run up to AZ in the morning and get a set of their cheap store brand they show in stock...

So the rotor was burnt. And the cap was ok?

No carbon ark around the other contacts.
No. Just looked at it again. Really not much around the center even. And the center tab of the rotor is missing more than I thought. Actually looks more like it broke off ??? Will pop the cap off and look if any pieces before I try to run it again.

The plan was to get it to Hoppyland and on a Sun machine in near future. So, just wanted to be sure it was up for the trip. Probably wouldn't have made it as it was. Sucks, but glad I caught it here.

Better to break down in your driveway than anywhere else.
My last one was the starter in my truck. In its parking spot.

Counter yours is she still hot? And just bored?

View attachment 1715149199

View attachment 1715149200

axhops, post: 1972004799, member: 33547"]Counter yours is she still hot? And just bored?

View attachment 1715149200[/QUOTE]
Counter yours is she still hot? And just bored?

View attachment 1715149200

I just finished designing a t-shirt for my daughter’s volleyball team. She likes it, so off to the printer it goes...

F78A5E63-14C3-445A-9EAA-959AA0A3AF35.jpeg

-
Back