Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Alzheimer’s brings out a lot of things in families. I have spent 1/3 of my like dealing with it caring for family members. Some family members are so frightened by it that they retreat and deny its existence to preserve their own sanity.

Others decide the person with it has died at the first sign of it and writes them off. The very few, with fortitude and moral center to step up and fight the long fight of care and love at their own sacrifice take over.

Just like not everyone has the will or capability to be a first responder and run toward danger, nor do all family members have the internal fortitude to care for an Alzheimer’s patient when it scares the hell out of them.

Forgiveness in every direction is the only way to get through being a dedicated caregiver.

Not everyone can do it...only a few have the ability to put aside their fear and selfishness to do what is right for the loved one.
Well said

Alzheimer’s brings out a lot of things in families. I have spent 1/3 of my like dealing with it caring for family members. Some family members are so frightened by it that they retreat and deny its existence to preserve their own sanity.

Others decide the person with it has died at the first sign of it and writes them off. The very few, with fortitude and moral center to step up and fight the long fight of care and love at their own sacrifice take over.

Just like not everyone has the will or capability to be a first responder and run toward danger, nor do all family members have the internal fortitude to care for an Alzheimer’s patient when it scares the hell out of them.

Forgiveness in every direction is the only way to get through being a dedicated caregiver.

Not everyone can do it...only a few have the ability to put aside their fear and selfishness to do what is right for the loved one.
A little(lot) off topic. My best friend lost his mom in a violent incident,the moment i found out i was on my way to his side.
I was amazed at how many people avoided speaking to him,not knowing what to say,going out of their way to avoid talking to him. Some friends,eh?
This seems to be the same trait that shows when people come down with a debilitating disease.
I hope i can find it within myself to take care of mom when the situation arises. I know i will be the most likely of 6 siblings.

A little(lot) off topic. My best friend lost his mom in a violent incident,the moment i found out i was on my way to his side.
I was amazed at how many people avoided speaking to him,not knowing what to say,going out of their way to avoid talking to him. Some friends,eh?
This seems to be the same trait that shows when people come down with a debilitating disease.
I hope i can find it within myself to take care of mom when the situation arises. I know i will be the most likely of 6 siblings.
Yeah. I’ve always found that the old notion that you find out who your friends truly are in times of crisis and need is 100 percent true. I strive to be that guy with my friends, over the years, only two have consistently returned that, hell, one even offered tonight to come stay with my grandmother while my grandfather was in the ER. True friends are worth more than blood related family in my mind.

Yeah. I’ve always found that the old notion that you find out who your friends truly are in times of crisis and need is 100 percent true. I strive to be that guy with my friends, over the years, only two have consistently returned that, hell, one even offered tonight to come stay with my grandmother while my grandfather was in the ER. True friends are worth more than blood related family in my mind.
I wouldn’t necessarily say true friends...but rather you find out who are the true heroes.

Heroes are rare and not everyone can be one no matter how much they want to be. A real hero steps up and leads the way doing what is right.

There is a reason we laud heroes...because there are very few that have what it takes to be one.

A true hero does not pass judgement on those that don’t have the capability to be one.

They simply do what they do...because they can...and know no other way.

Could be some fun around SF Bay tonight. Snow level 1000-1500 feet. It's 2500' around here for tonight. SF drivers and snow. There aren't enough tow trucks in North America to clean up the mess :rofl:

Bunch of hoes been hangin out in front of the convenience store where I usually buy gas.:D They ripped the pumps and I assume tanks as well. Not sure what the plan is.

40202325-D7DF-4E06-B1A8-11DEA7137956.jpeg

I hear that I get dreams sometimes on the stuff going on, wake up and wonder if they are real!

I usually know I am dreaming when i can't figure stuff out. I feel confused and the simplest things seem so hard, then I think to myself, oh wait, i am dreaming and I usually wake up.

Sleep is a strange thing

I shouldn't say I have done nothing with the cars.

I put a bench in the wagon the other day.

I am still on the fence with going buckets or leaving this bench in

With the buckets it would look like a barracuda inside

I had to get help because the benches weigh a ton and are awkward

20190202_164052.jpg

I am going to be changing the dash on the wagon to the 65 dash.

I basically took everything good from the 4 door and put it on the wagon

IMG_6045.jpg

Nice to have parts. I want the 65 Cuda out of here (parts car) But every time I work on the 64 there is something I need from it.

Good place for a child seat!:rofl: I did not realize you went with a stick in it.
I decided to keep the slant.

I was tempted to go V8 because of the 4 speed and the rear end being beefy units that could take a mean V8. I even started a thread asking about swap ideas and exhaust manifolds. In the end I decided to keep the slant but it's not a stock slant by any means.

-
Back