Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Just sent apology to CudaChick about the powder coating comment I made a few days ago attributing the skill to Rani. Sometimes my fingers type before my brain engages.

Hey buddy, car show today??
There are a couple this weekend, but weather will keep me from taking the Duster. No fun driving that jalopy in temps over 90. The car don’t care, but I do! 15 minute drive across town and I’m drenched in sweat. Might go and check one out as a spectator. I have committed to a couple next month , hopefully the weather will cooperate.

There are a couple this weekend, but weather will keep me from taking the Duster. No fun driving that jalopy in temps over 90. The car don’t care, but I do! 15 minute drive across town and I’m drenched in sweat. Might go and check one out as a spectator. I have committed to a couple next month , hopefully the weather will cooperate.
Get a Coleman cooler

Went back to sleep. Sore back and knees again.
Car show in next town tomorrow.
But the pig roast is tomorrow and we are hosting it.
So weather permitting i may do a quick run and check out some cars.

Crap, the ball of my left foot is sore today... :(

Was fine yesterday after mowing half the neighbor's lawn for 2 1/2 hours... :wtf:

Think I converted a kid to Body Armour instead of Gatorade last night while grocery shopping lol. Showed him the sodium content in both and the lack of vitamins in Gatorade compared to the body armour drink. Amazing how much sodium is in everything now days!!!

My kid wears black shirts to work and sweats alot... You should see the white stains in them after he gets out of work from sweating out some salt...

You need to replenish your sodium that you sweat out, so the sodium in the garotade may not be so bad...

My kid wears black shirts to work and sweats alot... You should see the white stains in them after he gets out of work from sweating out some salt...

You need to replenish your sodium that you sweat out, so the sodium in the garotade may not be so bad...

You may have a point there... depends on what else he gets salt from I guess???

Body Armour has 1% per serving... and there are 2 servings in a bottle. I figure I should cut down wherever I can at this stage in life lol. (Because I like potato chips and fried spam sandwiches and cans of Ravioli lol)

Why cut down now??? I figure that I have 20 more years max in me, may as well enjoy it instead of punishing myself by cutting down... I'm going down in flames when I go....

Morning, coffee in my cup. Need to make a quick pass through the patch. Think I'm going to get the coupe out a just go for a spin this afternoon.

I think it also depends on why your drinking it. If your working/playing hard and sweat a lot the sodium in the Gator Aid prob not a bad thing. But if your drinking it just for the sake of drinking, then maybe not such a good idea and a low sodium drink is better suited. Maybe..... just my two cents.

Why cut down now??? I figure that I have 20 more years max in me, may as well enjoy it instead of punishing myself by cutting down... I'm going down in flames when I go....
I wanna go by being shot by a jealous spouse at the age of 105 lol!!! Just kidding... but cutting down because the last few times I have consented to go to the doctor... they keep trying to find things wrong! Last time was BP... sooooo to prove it is what I consume I guess and not an actual something that requires a pill!!! And yea... taking my BP regularly now... it is fine.

Body Armour has 1% per serving... and there are 2 servings in a bottle. I figure I should cut down wherever I can at this stage in life lol. (Because I like potato chips and fried spam sandwiches and cans of Ravioli lol)
Check out Salt for Life, it is made by Nutek Food Science. A potassium salt substitute product. Your body typically needs more potassium and less sodium!

Yup that's what I've read in sportscar. Hydration requires moving water and out and one of them requires some potasiums.

As far as the gatorade etc, I go by what we were told in wildfire training - always cut them at least 50/50, 2:1 or 3:1 is better. Got to figure that's no BS. Everything in that training is to make sure we all walk in, get the work done, and walk out on our own.

Check out Salt for Life, it is made by Nutek Food Science. A potassium salt substitute product. Your body typically needs more potassium and less sodium!
Looks promising! I don't add much salt to my food any more.. but I used to. Most of my consumption comes from canned food or processed foods.

Yup that's what I've read in sportscar. Hydration requires moving water and out and one of them requires some potasiums.

As far as the gatorade etc, I go by what we were told in wildfire training - always cut them at least 50/50, 2:1 or 3:1 is better. Got to figure that's no BS. Everything in that training is to make sure we all walk in, get the work done, and walk out on our own.
I had never heard of cutting them by adding water.

I wonder if it was done as just a way to make people drink more water... or if they had a specific health benefit in mind... or the age old saving money idea, much like watered down whiskey lol. Or all of the above...

I wonder if it was done as just a way to make people drink more water... or if they had a specific health benefit in mind... or the age old saving money idea, much like watered down whiskey lol. Or all of the above...
Did it in wrestling too. Gatorade is great if you’re low on nutrients but the big advantage is that it’s sodium level is such that it makes your body absorb water but it’s really too high for most people. So cutting it with water does a few things, increases the water available to be absorbed but reduces the sodium levels. Plus it helps stretch it to make it go farther. Which is why I think the military ultimately diluted it

-
Back