Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
There are a couple this weekend, but weather will keep me from taking the Duster. No fun driving that jalopy in temps over 90. The car don’t care, but I do! 15 minute drive across town and I’m drenched in sweat. Might go and check one out as a spectator. I have committed to a couple next month , hopefully the weather will cooperate.
Nothing here today, just taking a break. Going next four weekends after though.

Why cut down now??? I figure that I have 20 more years max in me, may as well enjoy it instead of punishing myself by cutting down... I'm going down in flames when I go....
Salt ain't flammable. You may b on to something there....:thumbsup:
I think it also depends on why your drinking it. If your working/playing hard and sweat a lot the sodium in the Gator Aid prob not a bad thing. But if your drinking it just for the sake of drinking, then maybe not such a good idea and a low sodium drink is better suited. Maybe..... just my two cents.
I drink a good bit of lemon lime G2 when working/sweating. Wife recently got me some of the Zero. Not bad...
I wonder if it was done as just a way to make people drink more water... or if they had a specific health benefit in mind... or the age old saving money idea, much like watered down whiskey lol. Or all of the above...
How bout mixing the Gatorade with whiskey? :rolleyes:
Good Morning

I drink a good bit of lemon lime G2 when working/sweating. Wife recently got me some of the Zero. Not bad...

Good Morning
Good morning lol

I wonder if it was done as just a way to make people drink more water... or if they had a specific health benefit in mind... or the age old saving money idea, much like watered down whiskey lol. Or all of the above...
Maybe true back when lemons and limes were very exotic and had to come from countries like Portugal; and of course there was only limited space in the hold.

There is nothing more expensive than people. Whether its military or fire service, you do everything possible to keep them fit and effective. There's hours of training, equipment, transportation to get each and everyone to where they're needed.
One knucklehead who didn't drink enough water or got sick because he/she wasn't sanitary, means at least one other person out of action - usually more. People that were supposed to be part of team cutting a line, running a pump, whatever it is.
Then if you have to be sent back to a medical facility, that's at more people, fuel, and transport tied up getting that person when they could have been doing something else. It also means the leadership has spend time arranging this, etc etc. There's generally no cell service in these areas - satelite radio is what is usually used.

Good Morning
Just enough rum in the morning grog to make it healthy. We don't need any jack tarrs fallin' out of the riggin'. :poke:

I wanna go by being shot by a jealous spouse at the age of 105 lol!!! Just kidding... but cutting down because the last few times I have consented to go to the doctor... they keep trying to find things wrong! Last time was BP... sooooo to prove it is what I consume I guess and not an actual something that requires a pill!!! And yea... taking my BP regularly now... it is fine.

I wanna die in my sleep like my grandfather....
zzz.gif

Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.... :eek:

Maybe true back when lemons and limes were very exotic and had to come from countries like Portugal; and of course there was only limited space in the hold.

There is nothing more expensive than people. Whether its military or fire service, you do everything possible to keep them fit and effective. There's hours of training, equipment, transportation to get each and everyone to where they're needed.
One knucklehead who didn't drink enough water or got sick because he/she wasn't sanitary, means at least one other person out of action - usually more. People that were supposed to be part of team cutting a line, running a pump, whatever it is.
Then if you have to be sent back to a medical facility, that's at more people, fuel, and transport tied up getting that person when they could have been doing something else. It also means the leadership has spend time arranging this, etc etc. There's generally no cell service in these areas - satelite radio is what is usually used.
Yep, I always did hear that it was more damaging in war to wound soldiers than kill them because it takes away more people from fighting to take care of a wounded person than to take care of a deceased one.

Rad is mounted to the support,cooler and rad hoses hooked up. Battery strapped to rad support. Running it with open headers and trying to adjust it to stay running is already wearing thin. Should be able to move it soon.

Good Morning
I mix my Grape G-Zero with vodka, pretty good.

Well today, I fixed a little problem on the Barracuda.
Top motor mount on drivers side was busted off and had been for some time.
Talked to a couple different people and no one was too excited about drilling and pulling it out.
Until I find someone to do it I needed a quick fix.
Took a bolt and cut it a little past the bolt head.
Then with a little JD weld, attached it, painted it, and it looks really good.
It will work for now.

Last edited:
Too much cam,too much carb. I dunno. Its cantankerous.
Cant get a decent idle out of it..

I seem to have a similar issue. Too many mismatched parts. I'm going back stock and start from square one..
What do you think your problem is? Too much cam? Not installed with enough advance, to much? IMO most miss match issues are Cam related......

What do you think your problem is? Too much cam? Not installed with enough advance, to much? IMO most miss match issues are Cam related......
Too much bourbon storage, not enough liver capacity!

My problem is too much fuel at idle. Rich as heck. Carb wants to be on thirsty motor.

-
Back