Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I love new paint.

Just got done glazing and spot painting some stuff around the windows I wasn't satisfied with. Got some orange peel in the clearcoat to compound out now. Got a good match though. I'm happy with it now.

20190424_182439 copy.jpg

20190425_184705 copy.jpg

This conversation parallels what I was thinking while working in the basement this morning.
There aint a coffee shop or lunchenette around here (my real world) where I could have conversations about cars or shop etc etc

This one looked pretty good...
upload_2020-1-13_11-21-7.png

Got the guy's contact info if you want to call

First project in the new shop.....blower motor change out in my 89 Suburban. I pulled it in there last night, that truck didn't fit in my last house's garage, too tall. Should be an easy swap if it's accessed through the engine compartment and not under the dash.
Under dash. Have to pull glove box and ecm to properly remove the noise insulator. There is a bolt or two holding lower right corner of dash, they need to be removed to pull dash away to make room to get fan out.

That's a pretty Satellite. Do you know how much. I am kicking tires at this point. If (when) I buy a early B I will have to sell one of mine (probably my 66) :BangHead::BangHead::(:(
No. He did not say. Just said he was going to try to sell it this winter. And if it didn't sell it, he'ld swap in a different engine. The first I think is bad move 'cause winter is not the time to sell a nice car. And the second I think is silly 'cause he admitted its torquy as all get out a d he's already got 1/4 mile cars ...

Told me he picked it up at Carlisle. So unfortunately I'm sure he wants to get more than whatever he paid.

Well here I am still awake. Enjoyed the game (GO CHIEFS) and Cheryl needed something from the store. I headed out the front door took two steps and hit the fresh unknown ice. My feet went straight out from under me. With a lot of military and law enforcement combative tactics training over the years your taught how to fall and land. When I felt my feet slide out all that training automatically kicked in. In a split second I landed, falling about four feet to the sidewalk landing on my left side. All was good except that the left side of my head hit the edge of the concrete porch on the way down.
As I laid there a moment I could feel the warm oozing blood down the side of my face. I tried to roll over but couldn't get my right arm or leg to respond, wouldn't move. I laid there took a deep breath and hollered for Cheryl. She hear me calling her name, and thought I'd forgotten something. She opened the door and saw me lying there bleeding and I got the WTF!!
She asked if I could roll over and I told her I couldn't move. I told her to call it in...call for help!! By the time she went in to get her phone and come back I regained feeling in my arm and leg and was able to sit up. She brought me a towel to put on my head wound and was talking to the 911 dispatcher. Funny neither one of us panicked. After a couple minutes I was able to stand and walk into the house, waiting for the fire medics to arrive.
Fire medics came in and with one look said that's gotta hurt. I told them a little explaining I had a high pain tolerance. They had an ambulance for transport on the way. I told them to cancel and we'd drive to the ER. So off we went, no I wasn't driving. I went right to the front of the ER line with a closed head injury. Well the gunshot victim beat me out. Funny, nurse daughter, on call for the surgery team, was called in for the gunshot victim. She did manage a quick check on Dad on her way to surgery. ER Doc had me do some brain injury function checks, concussion check, CT scan, and I was released.
I'm suppose to take it easy for the next few days. I feel ok, but sure I'll be sore. I have a very large palm size goose egg on the back left side of my head. I bled all over the place, but no stiches required.
Cheryl is going to stay home tomorrow and keep an eye on me. I told her she did a great job, calm and cool, and I appreciated all she did!! All is good life goes on.
Sounds painful.

Hope you feel ok real soon

Dang, Nice! PS, PB, Air! Perfect $10,000, $12,000, $15,000+???
Meade's Automotive
796 Biddle St
Ardmore Pa 19003

ask for Mike

You could tell him you're just ballparking so he doesn't feel like your stringing him along.
Heck who am I advising. LOL You're prob better with people and sales than most us anyway

yes I'll delete the phone number in a couple minutes

Went and started the kid’s car, poured sime gas in it, the buy gas light was flashing.
Stopped for coffee then in to weld the brackets and cut some steel for shackles.

The best cheapest cappuccino in Puerto Morelos
Super Chedraui
If you get up early enough the view

5A361CAB-4E55-4A6A-AAFB-3017D9E6C1BE.jpeg

F617943B-26FB-4EF5-A452-3320CC668FE8.jpeg

Last edited:
I should have bought a lottery ticket. I stopped for snow blower gas and top off the pick up. Started the pump and fill away. It stopped at $10 and asked if I wanted a receipt. Then the screen said "Thanks for shopping at Quick star" Done! The last person bought me $10 worth of gas. Score!

Slow day in here....Everybody working, or what ?????
Trying to find true dual ex for a customers 94 C1500.. Nobody offers, since it originally had converter . Also wants Chrome engine stuff. Valve covers , Air Cleaner...No big issue there. Has Shorty Headers on it already, going through y pipe and converter. Maybe best to take it to the Custom Ex Guy , locally here....

Slow day in here....Everybody working, or what ?????
Trying to find true dual ex for a customers 94 C1500.. Nobody offers, since it originally had converter . Also wants Chrome engine stuff. Valve covers , Air Cleaner...No big issue there. Has Shorty Headers on it already, going through y pipe and converter. Maybe best to take it to the Custom Ex Guy , locally here....
Eliminating the Converter?

Yeah, doesnt go through emissions testing any more...Truck is too old...
Here it would, changed from 30 years to 1976 and newer...

Smog inspections are required unless your vehicle is: Gasoline powered 1975 year model or older. Diesel powered 1997 year model and older or with a Gross Vehicle Weight rating (GVWR) of more than 14,000 lbs.

No emissions testing here, there never has been as long as I've been here.

Never has been from what I hear.

I have removed smog junk from countless cars, and nobody cares.

Oh it's coming, we don't have it out here ether. Last trip to the County clerk out here I was told to start getting ready for it in all front range county's.

The more cars sold, the more pollution there is. Only a matter if time.....

-
Back