Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Last edited:
I have no sheet metal break, or ability to weld aluminum....Might be an issue....But I still think I can make one....
Fibberglass. Some one did one here, it was nice.
Picture a square sheet of plywood,rings in center, a t-shirt stapled over and then fiberglassed. Couple days work, and it would fit.

Fibberglass. Some one did one here, it was nice.
Picture a square sheet of plywood,rings in center, a t-shirt stapled over and then fiberglassed. Couple days work, and it would fit.
I've seen that done. Pretty cool (so to speak).
Seems the trick for survival is good structure and/or a resin that will hold up with underhood temperatures.

That's what I said. :BangHead:
Tim that radiator is not the same as a '68 that's at my friends shop. I think its a '67 like you said yesterday.
One difference I'm seeing is the upper hose fitting. No idea what else is different. or how they compare to '66.

edit: sure looks similar to this '65
[FOR SALE] - 1965 Dodge Dart GT

Looks like these guys know a bit more about what fits
64-66 abody radiator brackets for shroud
My radiator has 4 small holes facing the engine to mount the shroud....

My radiator has 4 small holes facing the engine to mount the shroud....
you can just see them in this picture
And the mounting holes on the rad did not line up with the original locations... To mount rad to car

20210812_193820_HDR.jpg

Just got back in from fixing the grinding noise in my front passenger drum and it turned out to be the self adjuster running around in there.
Also, I noticed that the drums were CRAZY tight in adjustment. not noticeable when driving but definitely overadjusted. I really do not think the shop that went through and checked the brakes, ACTUALLY took the drums off.
so damn. I told my parents that it did not need to go to the shop....:BangHead:

Just got back in from fixing the grinding noise in my front passenger drum and it turned out to be the self adjuster running around in there.
Also, I noticed that the drums were CRAZY tight in adjustment. not noticeable when driving but definitely overadjusted. I really do not think the shop that went through and checked the brakes, ACTUALLY took the drums off.
so damn. I told my parents that it did not need to go to the shop....:BangHead:
I forget what year your car is so I'll just throw this out.
The adjuster system was changed in 1969. Whether the change started with the calendar year or model year woul have to look up.
An important difference is the '69 up self adjusting system works the star wheel on the adjuster in the opposite direction from the earlier system.
A lot of the computerized systems don't have that info correct so show parts from before and after as interchangable that are not. :BangHead:
Its OK. Its only the brakes :eek:
:mad:

I forget what year your car is so I'll just throw this out.
The adjuster system was changed in 1969. Whether the change started with the calendar year or model year woul have to look up.
An important difference is the '69 up self adjusting system works the star wheel on the adjuster in the opposite direction from the earlier system.
A lot of the computerized systems don't have that info correct so show parts from before and after as interchangable that are not. :BangHead:
Its OK. Its only the brakes :eek:
:mad:
yeah its a 70.
I really think they didn't take the drums off though. (even though we paid for a full checkup on the brakes) I guess live and let learn....

VSAT on the boat took a dump on the 30th of July @ 21:36. We had no comms till yesterday the 11th. I'm ok but we have limited comms till main system is repaired.
Howdy all!

18 gauge steel. Wire form the opening.[/QUOT
I have no sheet metal break, or ability to weld aluminum....Might be an issue....But I still think I can make one....
All you need for a sheet metal brake is two heavy duty hinges from Home depot(4 bucks) 2 pieces of 1/4 in wall 2x2 square tubing, a piece of 1/4 think , 2 inch wide flat. Two grade 8 7/16 bolts. A drill and tap. And a welder.

LOL I cant read back I need to respect the peope here in the morning.............

-
Back