Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Then I bought a GMC Denalli 3500. Loaded. That was a nice truck, BUT right after I bought that, GM came out with a new engine transmission, so i just had to have that. A lemon, thing quit running several times I owned it, 2 weeks. Was in the shop 2 weeks!! Traded almost straight across for the Ford. Same guy owned both dealerships... O and the GMC bounced terrible while towing....Not good... Not the lemon, the other. Front suspension porpoising...

Then I bought a GMC Denalli 3500. Loaded. That was a nice truck, BUT right after I bought that, GM came out with a new engine transmission, so i just had to have that. A lemon, thing quit running several times I owned it, 2 weeks. Was in the shop 2 weeks!! Traded almost straight across for the Ford. Same guy owned both dealerships... O and the GMC bounced terrible while towing....Not good... Not the lemon, the other. Front suspension porpoising...
Every GM product I’ve owned that was made post 2000 has been junk

They are all junk. An old friend’s father in law refused to give up his old square body.
Said “ what can you accomplish with a plastic truck?”

They are all junk. An old friend’s father in law refused to give up his old square body.
Said “ what can you accomplish with a plastic truck?”
I echo that. The most reliable SOB we’ve ever had is the 1989 Ram 350 Cummins. And the 1984 Dodge Van.

All the stuff we had to deal with is out of moms apartment. Kim’s niece is here to take a few items that she wanted. Hand over keys today. Glad that this is almost behind us.
Then to say goodbye to mom, and come back in summer.we have to attend an annual meeting with the care home mgmt.

All the stuff we had to deal with is out of moms apartment. Kim’s niece is here to take a few items that she wanted. Hand over keys today. Glad that this is almost behind us.
Then to say goodbye to mom, and come back in summer.we have to attend an annual meeting with the care home mgmt.
That’s never easy. Dealing with all the stuff people collect over the years

Good afternoon...
today is my first day of winter "break" from school and I have decided to fill my schedule with wrenching on the duster.
I finally found the mini gauge pod I was trying to find for AGES.
PXL_20211215_002621483.jpg

New old stock from 1981...perfect. They even have a wood grain sticker for the face of the gauges.
All mechanical too.

I also got my class ring in the mail yesterday and boy is it exactly what I thought it would be.
I really did not want our typical, run of the mill class ring, so I got one with a little more to it. :D
PXL_20211217_204539587.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20211217_204558526.PORTRAIT.jpg

Hi Ramie... View attachment 1715837763

You're in Costa Rica???

If you run into my old asshole neighbor down there, give him one of these for me.... View attachment 1715837762

Hahaha, Sure thing!!! Wait I dont know your neighbor! LOL

Well Howdy neighbor Raimie! We sure do miss hanging out on your back porch eating BBQ? I took a pix of my shop here a bit ago for something or another and darned if your mug wasn’t turned up on my calendar in the background! The boys busted my nuts for it since it was wrong month! Nothing gets by this bunch I tell ya. For most part same cast of derelicts, we are all envious of your progress, except Mitch of course who chose a similar path. We all live vicariously thru you guys. Be safe and bounce in and stir up some S**** every now and then. Great to hear from ya!

Hahaha, you just wanted a little bit more alone time with my ugly mug! Please tell me you didnt have intimate conversions with the calendar while staring at me!! I'll try to be more diligent about stopping in and chatting.

Hey ramie!
Hi ya Chris

Is it fairly affordable to build down there?
We are building a 1025sq. ft. home with the pool it is costing us about $140k, no land. The construction is steel studs and durarock. There are other means of building, Poured Walls (most expensive), Concrete blocks, Durarock, Precast, Container home (least expensive) We went middle of the road. Its not uncommon to have a multimillion dollar mansion in the mix of Tico houses (Locals). The higher up the mountain you go the more expensive. We are at the base of the mountain. The views are what is costly. We bought .28acres for $55k. The same size with a view of the ocean up the mountain $125k.

Hahaha, you just wanted a little bit more alone time with my ugly mug! Please tell me you didnt have intimate conversions with the calendar while staring at me!! I'll try to be more diligent about stopping in and chatting.

Hi ya Chris

We are building a 1025sq. ft. home with the pool it is costing us about $140k, no land. The construction is steel studs and durarock. There are other means of building, Poured Walls (most expensive), Concrete blocks, Durarock, Precast, Container home (least expensive) We went middle of the road. Its not uncommon to have a multimillion dollar mansion in the mix of Tico houses (Locals). The higher up the mountain you go the more expensive. We are at the base of the mountain. The views are what is costly. We bought .28acres for $55k. The same size with a view of the ocean up the mountain $125k.
So fairly comparable to prices to build here.

Hi ya Chris

Very Nice. Sounds similar in expense to Viet Nam. My house in Nam is on about the same size lot. But the house is around 1600 sq ft. 4 bdr, 4 bth...Got around $200K in it.
IMG_20191017_071025.jpg

So fairly comparable to prices to build here.
Not really Chris. In Viet Nam at least, the labor is extremally cheap. Guys work for around $20 per day building houses. Mine is all poured walls with faux steel terracotta stye shingles/roofing. In Viet Nam the land will cost two to three times the cost of building the house. Just the way it is there...

Not really Chris. In Viet Nam at least, the labor is extremally cheap. Guys for for around $20 per day building houses. Mine is all poured walls with faux steel terracotta stye shingles/roofing. In Viet Nam the land will cost two to three times the cost of building the house. Just the way it is there...
Yeah but I’m just saying the overall cost is basically the same, land here is cheaper(generally speaking) , materials are cheaper but labor is much higher.

it appears like you said that the majority of the cost is in the land though for an ocean view plot of that size is certain parts of the country, is a million plus

Yeah but I’m just saying the overall cost is basically the same, land here is cheaper(generally speaking) , materials are cheaper but labor is much higher.

it appears like you said that the majority of the cost is in the land though for an ocean view plot of that size is certain parts of the country, is a million plus
Ya, but my house in Viet Nam would sell here for $500K.....

I also got my class ring in the mail yesterday and boy is it exactly what I thought it would be.
I really did not want our typical, run of the mill class ring, so I got one with a little more to it. :D
View attachment 1715838211 View attachment 1715838212
That’s pretty cool. Even cooler that your school was cool with it! Even right after 9/11 when I ordered mine, I had to get a special exception from the principal to be able to order one with the non-high school affiliated organization of the US Army on one side of mine.

Btw, never give it to a girl (or guy if that’s your preference) , you’ll never see it again
this thing is not going to leave my sight.
I am planning on putting it somewhere in the interior in the duster like around the column shifter or something when I graduate. I figure it'd be better than sitting in the box for years until eventually it goes to a yard sale.

-
Back