Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ears and puppy growls for breakfast over here this morning. Going to head up to the big house and clean up after the HVAC guys this morning. They are now done. Insulation guys are in next.

9C07F296-2413-4E90-8E47-B9EEB5D802E8.jpeg

282CA78A-7128-428A-B678-6C2F9FBE20F7.jpeg

Sounds like your making great progress on the house John.
Thanks Fred, it is slow going for sure. If we had the money we would have hired a general contractor and been done with it. I have no idea what we are saving by doing so much of it ourselves but honestly we did not have an alternative.

Back from a run into town to fill waters, get bagels lol! Local bagel shop has a pepperoncini/bacon cream cheese that's pretty good.

Thanks Fred, it is slow going for sure. If we had the money we would have hired a general contractor and been done with it. I have no idea what we are saving by doing so much of it ourselves but honestly we did not have an alternative.
Slow going has it's upside, less chance for mistakes or time to fix before next phase of build. Example is my co-worker, doing a somewhat extensive remodel, ordered 40K in windows because they are about to have a price increse. Then he figures he ordered the wrong "rake", the angle of the glass won't match the roof which had a different pitch than he thought. Might not be able to change the order.

Good idea never heard of doing that.
Simple system. Mounts on the duct with hole cut in back. Fed from a bypass hose off the air supply. Water flows over a grid filter in the air flow. A humidistat on the duct turns water on/off. Overflow goes down into the condensate pump. Similar to this one...
31TP29_AS01?$adapimg$&hei=536&wid=536.jpg

I know I would have to do all the work I couldn't afford to pay the high price of a carpenter.

Simple system. Mounts on the duct with hole cut in back. Fed from a bypass hose off the air supply. Water flows over a grid filter in the air flow. A humidistat on the duct turns water on/off. Overflow goes down into the condensate pump. Similar to this one...
View attachment 1716034750
Much better than putting a portable humidifier in every room.

I know I would have to do all the work I couldn't afford to pay the high price of a carpenter.
Yep setting the 6x6 beams to hold up the porch about killed me. I have just ordered the material for the crows foot on the porch peak and am trying to figure out how I am going to get my fat crippled self up in the air with the beam and get it locked in place. I see some farmeneering in my future.

Good morning c\_/. New LEDs didn't fix the Sony TV. The LED driver is the problem. Thats what I deserve for following Youtube and not properly diagnosing. So I'm out 21 bucks. I decided to not invest more money in it. It's gone to the recycle bin. Can't win them all. When the Vizio dies I will buy a new Sony.
Parts for the 2000 model Infinity should arrive today.
Yall have a great weekend.

Seems like they're figuring it out
Yep, the dust ups are getting far less intense and more just social skills training for the pup. Today was first day she has popped her ears up when my hands are on her. She is healing emotionally from the abuse of the previous owner. She is becoming more confident with each passing day. She still cowers a lot but much less than at first. She now responds to her name and comes on command (Que Karl) or to my whistle. She will sit for treats as well. She will obey stay command with some regularity but will not wait for release command. Lots of work to go but I think amazing progress for first week. It just warms my heart to hear the ferocious puppy growls. They crack me up. She is a talker!

View attachment 1716034750
Much better than putting a portable humidifier in every room.
And the only power used is for the solenoid valve for water.
WHenever we update our A/C system we will have a constant running fan and then we can have a humidifier and air filter system. Because of our hot water heat, the forced air part of the heating system doesn't run until the baseboard fin tubes can't keep up. (usually when the outside temp get's below zero or the wind chill is sub zero) There is a large heat exchanger in the ductwork that is fed by a zone pump from the boiler.

Good morning c\_/. New LEDs didn't fix the Sony TV. The LED driver is the problem. Thats what I deserve for following Youtube and not properly diagnosing. So I'm out 21 bucks. I decided to not invest more money in it. It's gone to the recycle bin. Can't win them all. When the Vizio dies I will buy a new Sony.
Parts for the 2000 model Infinity should arrive today.
Yall have a great weekend.
Sony stuff was always pretty decent back when. Sounds like thats still true. I'll keep that in mind if I ever get round to buying a tv.

Yep setting the 6x6 beams to hold up the porch about killed me. I have just ordered the material for the crows foot on the porch peak and am trying to figure out how I am going to get my fat crippled self up in the air with the beam and get it locked in place. I see some farmeneering in my future.
Read that just before I took the pooch out, so snapped a pic… Triple 12x2s 14ft long. At least they are only a few feet off the ground and I was younger then. Lol

20AFE5BB-80E7-4B70-86D5-E1DBF46815C4.jpeg

Yep, the dust ups are getting far less intense and more just social skills training for the pup. Today was first day she has popped her ears up when my hands are on her. She is healing emotionally from the abuse of the previous owner. She is becoming more confident with each passing day. She still cowers a lot but much less than at first. She now responds to her name and comes on command (Que Karl) or to my whistle. She will sit for treats as well. She will obey stay command with some regularity but will not wait for release command. Lots of work to go but I think amazing progress for first week. It just warms my heart to hear the ferocious puppy growls. They crack me up. She is a talker!
Good stuff, keep up the good work. One of our two pugs decided to become vocal later in her life, now she yips when she figures it's dinner time etc. etc. etc.

When it gets real cold out I'll put water in.
Doubt it raises the RH significantly but its something.
1673712324856.png

Got access to a fork lift? or lift rental place?

-
Back