Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Bit chilly today. Sun will hold it in mid 20's for a while today. Then the arctic plunge continues as sun goes down tonight. Could see single digits. Almost feels like it now with the wind. Need to get downstairs and fire up the woodstove.

Dry socket.... the idiots didn't tell me anything about after-care so i did literally everything wrong, so 7-10 days.. the swelling has gone down a bit and i'm being more careful now. Will get there..
Was going to mention it, figured the doc would have made that point as very important.

Been trying to get a spring maker to make them for me, definitely a market for them. They go flying when most people take them out. Problem is 1000 minimum and a buck a piece! Felt is easy buy it in sheets and use a hole punch on it.
Try a hole punch in a drill. Works slick. Carpet, melts a perfect hole. Push a pick up from below and its dead on. I stopped hammering the hole punch after the first time i tried it. Even heavy gasket material and thick rubber.

Busy place today. Hard to get a word in edgewise.
Was in shop by 7:20. A long line of failures until i decided to really chop up the brake pedal hanger. I think i have what i need now. Master will be angled up but i care not.
South wind on its way, big warm up about to happen. Ten days of this is about all i can take. Coffee done, back to it i go!

Was going to mention it, figured the doc would have made that point as very important.
Nope... Surgeon was gone when i woke up and basicallly his assistant was like "Here's some gauze.. have a seat and leave when you feel good enough... seeya"

I went and look at the car. It has prominence and attitude but it's a 20 footer at best. The 30 year old paint is shiny but there is a lot of cracking due to previous repairs and the rear wheel arches are puttied up and there is rust on the lower quarters. Cool car and I really like it but I don't need a project. If I was Fred or Frank I would see if I could haggle a bit for a lower price and fix it up right. For me it would be a $15,000 car at best. He would entertain me trading my 66 but I wouldn't want to give it away and pay him $10,000 to boot.

20230203_111802.jpg

I talked to Karl a bit ago. He's busy as heck like I thought trying to pay on his medical bills. He said he'll try to pop in and say hay. I just hope he doesn't put himself back in the hospital.

I talked to Karl a bit ago. He's busy as heck like I thought trying to pay on his medical bills. He said he'll try to pop in and say hay. I just hope he doesn't put himself back in the hospital.
True that. I worry about that guy. He has had a rough go here lately.

I went and look at the car. It has prominence and attitude but it's a 20 footer at best. The 30 year old paint is shiny but there is a lot of cracking due to previous repairs and the rear wheel arches are puttied up and there is rust on the lower quarters. Cool car and I really like it but I don't need a project. If I was Fred or Frank I would see if I could haggle a bit for a lower price and fix it up right. For me it would be a $15,000 car at best. He would entertain me trading my 66 but I wouldn't want to give it away and pay him $10,000 to boot.

View attachment 1716043806
Wish i had seen something like that when i got my car.... that is one of my all time favorites.

I got no issue with twenty or thirty footers but at that price I think I would want a bit more sheet metal. And your car can easily bring more dollars separately than he would allow sounds like. Sometimes ya gotta just walk away.

I would hate to buy a car that was just restored because you can burrey a pile of bondo over rust and it will look good for a year or more then it just falls apart. and older restoration that looks good even with some scratches or fading is ok or even a bit of rust bubbles.

-
Back