Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
One of the wheel manufacturers has a imagineering type thingon their website to put their wheels on something that resembles your car , cannot remember which one though.

MD11-DP-1.jpg
for the next hot rod
242.jpg

Hey guys. Small bolt pattern is a real issue when trying to get aftermarket wheels. Especially in 15 inch. IMO

So being on my cell phone not my computer so pushing buttons with fat fingers on looking tire size is a pain.
So anyone have an idea is raising the tire height 1 inch going to lower the RPM at 60 MPH going to make much of a difference?

Thank you, Eric. Now everyone knows I'm over the hill for sure, but not how far. I don't know how to act my age, because I've never been this old before.
I think your in pretty good shape for being over the hill.

Not sure this gets what you want Fred... Going from 759 revolutions per mile to 733 revolutions per mile does that decrease engine RPM to cover the same distance?

View attachment 1716066757
Not sure how much but a bit anyway. Thanks Chris.
Going to need new tires on the back soon and think I will get a taller tire. Lots cheaper than changing ring and pinion for sure.

Hey guys. Small bolt pattern is a real issue when trying to get aftermarket wheels. Especially in 15 inch. IMO
I went with Wheel Vintiques for my steel wheels and was lucky on the aluminum slots. They are out there, but it takes a ton of looking

Not sure how much but a bit anyway. Thanks Chris.
Going to need new tires on the back soon and think I will get a taller tire. Lots cheaper than changing ring and pinion for sure.

Minor difference really...

Input Parameters Are the Following:
  • Differential Gear = 3.11 to 1
  • Transmission Gear = 1.00 to 1
  • Tire Diameter (Inches) = 28.00
  • Vechicle MPH = 60

Computation Results:​

• Computed Engine RPM is 2240

1 inch taller tire

• Tire Diameter (Inches) = 29.00
  • Vechicle MPH = 60

• Computed Engine RPM is 2163

Minor difference really...

• Tire Diameter (Inches) = 28.00
  • Vechicle MPH = 60

• Computed Engine RPM is 2240

1 inch taller tire

• Tire Diameter (Inches) = 29.00
  • Vechicle MPH = 60

• Computed Engine RPM is 2163

[/URL][/URL]
I'm still planing on driving it out to Pittsburgh the first week in June so even a bit lower in RPM is better.
Might look into changing rear end gears but never done a ring and pinion so might have to learn. Thanks for the info. Chris.

Last edited:
I'm still planing on driving it out to Pittsburgh the first week in June so even a bit lower in RPM is better.
Might look into changing rear end gears but never done a ring and pinion so might have to learn. Thanks for the info. Chris.

Sure thing Fred. I sit in front of a computer all day so doing some car research is a nice break

what axle do you have in the car?

-
Back