Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Hey. Air gap in my 66 fits with holley carb with drop filter. Tight. Carter probably would not fit...

I was reading through the Bryan family history book detailing 32 past generations.
In this book the Bryan family is married into the Morgan family generations ago.
One of my lineage descendants shown is Harry Morgan the Capt. Morgan.
He was hired by England as a privateer to attack Spanish ships during England's battle over land/sea in the Caribbean.
This is the same Capt Morgan who appears on Capt Morgan rum bottles and the movie Pirates of the Caribbean is based on.
Died in Jamica as Lt. Govenor and wealthy plantation owner.
Pretty cool!! Free rum??

Last edited:
We tried to "get up the hill" and eat there once, had kids with us and one blew out a diaper required clothes change which we didn't pack for that trip into town so that was the end of that.
Best book store in Seattle /Tacoma is right down the hill and about a block away. But arguably once you have went to Powells in Portland all else pales in comparison!

So, local Airgas shop will have the 0.024 rollers tomorrow. This will/should be so much nicer

So I decided to temper the steel on my bucket today! Been Schleping brush all day. I am whipped!

C00AC65E-B47F-457B-8520-4C5F14D6F6B4.jpeg

FB9B78AE-9E84-4BD2-953E-A651F9A73C4C.jpeg

I think I told ya all my brother died last December in Washington State. My sister is helping on his estate with his children. Sis sent me a box of his wood working from high school.
I was with him in high school shop and we always helped one another on whatever we were making and remember these very well.
Still have tears after opening the box and he will be remembered.

IMG_20230328_150930242_HDR.jpg

I think I told ya all my brother died last December in Washington State. My sister is helping on his estate with his children. Sis sent me a box of his wood working from high school.
I was with him in high school shop and we always helped one another on whatever we were making and remember these very well.

View attachment 1716069913
Those are really great mementos Fred. Impressive work

Wow. Those are something to treasure for sure.

I was going to renew my Gold membership here, someone beat me to it! Thanks to who did it!

WOW love it that's some fantastic woodwork. You both have some amazing talent!!

quick update on my intake being offset issue.. brought the gaskets home tonight to check on my old 318/302 heads.. gasket lines up with the port separator perfectly.. so it's the intake for sure... Edelbrock has no stock, will see what they say after i send more pics in the morning..
I know you guys are all very interested in this :)
2023-03-28 17.17.42.jpg

Wow that’s some craftsmanship there

Been sorting things in basement, running across things from my late wife, yes, a few tears, 8yrs this past Sun

quick update on my intake being offset issue.. brought the gaskets home tonight to check on my old 318/302 heads.. gasket lines up with the port separator perfectly.. so it's the intake for sure... Edelbrock has no stock, will see what they say after i send more pics in the morning..
I know you guys are all very interested in this :)
View attachment 1716069959
Always interesting if it's car stuff

-
Back