Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
So learned something on the HEI mod yesterday. The distributor has to have a 100% good ground on it or the low rpm section of the module will blow out. I had it grounded with the dist. machine clamp, and it came just loose and stopped working. WTF right? kind of find it tighten it all up again and nothing. Hell test the module rpm is bad. OK change it new gm module and works fine. So the bottom line is you need to use a metal base gasket and the o ring to ensure it is grounded properly. That sucks was a $120 pertronix module!

So learned something on the HEI mod yesterday. The distributor has to have a 100% good ground on it or the low rpm section of the module will blow out. I had it grounded with the dist. machine clamp, and it came just loose and stopped working. WTF right? kind of find it tighten it all up again and nothing. Hell test the module rpm is bad. OK change it new gm module and works fine. So the bottom line is you need to use a metal base gasket and the o ring to ensure it is grounded properly. That sucks was a $120 pertronix module!
Good to know that but sorry for the loss that sucks.

Ouch!

Wow!!
Love our mopar ecu :thumbsup:
Seem like I remember changing a module out on my old 83 chevy truck and some grease to assure grounded good came with it, rub it on the belly of the module to get a good long lasting ground. Karl's going to like this @krazykuda

I want to put together a off the shelf combo that will be bullet proof and better than MSD crap made now. Have to beat the hell out of it. I have a spare hei coil from the Dakota I want to try but need to get a pigtail somewhere. $40 at RA! No way.

It's Tumbleweed Tuesday!

tumbledeer.jpg

Good morning :lol:

I want to put together a off the shelf combo that will be bullet proof and better than MSD crap made now. Have to beat the hell out of it. I have a spare hei coil from the Dakota I want to try but need to get a pigtail somewhere. $40 at RA! No way.
Wasn't there someone that would hollow out a Mopar module and put in a GM module?

I need to do something on my Scamp to keep the oil from getting into the distributor. I keep it cleaned out but might have to put a pump or something on it to keep the crankcase pressure down.

What year distributor some have a seal that were never put in for some reason and oil pools in it and drains out the holes. Almost common.

-
Back