Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It's Thong Thursday!

View attachment 1716228113

Good afternoon :D
No! Not here. More like

1711664386305.png

So on jan 3 i e-mailed studebaker intl about the remaining parts to complete the weatherstrip kits i ordered. They said then no date. Its the end of march and and havent heard from them. I e-mailed again and the same person replied, we have no record of short-shipping your order. Like,wtf? So i had to go through all my e-mail archives to find the corrospondence. Trying to say they have no record of the shortage. I will give Jim until next week, then im not going to be nice any more. This pisses me off, thinking about the 2 kits we bought almost $1000.00 but incomplete. And not taking responsibility. Plus, if/when they do get them i have to pay shipping again.

So on jan 3 i e-mailed studebaker intl about the remaining parts to complete the weatherstrip kits i ordered. They said then no date. Its the end of march and and havent heard from them. I e-mailed again and the same person replied, we have no record of short-shipping your order. Like,wtf? So i had to go through all my e-mail archives to find the corrospondence. Trying to say they have no record of the shortage. I will give Jim until next week, then im not going to be nice any more. This pisses me off, thinking about the 2 kits we bought almost $1000.00 but incomplete. And not taking responsibility. Plus, if/when they do get them i have to pay shipping again.
:BangHead: :BangHead: :mob: That sucks.

Hey guys.....Waiting on parts, might get sent back from POS post office...........we will see

k... making some dinner.. got a little done tonight... still can't fix the fuel leak.. will post in a few.. am hungry :)

btw.. phone didn't like the noise.. it sounds really good in person.. more cam than expected. haven't checked timing or carb or anything yet.. has like 1 min total run time so far..

Bought a few signs for the old truck and still need about 10 more. They go on the overhead awning frame to hide my poor work building it. Can't really afford to get all the sings I need but I have a good start. :thumbsup:

View attachment 1716228052
Food themed or ? Poking around I found a pretty cool looking Champion Spark Plug, looks more like bar themed which makes sense

so.. i have questions... the only paint i shot before was single stage enamel which i LOVED... went on thick.. great shine and tough as nails.. my engine bay is single stage urethane and cause of my gas leak it got some on it and the paint crinkled right off.. is urethane that weak?

also.. i have tried twice now to make a hardline from the pump to the carb.. i cannot get it to not leak. i can only single flare, i noticed the factory used a double flare which my tool won't do.. double flare should work better?

Also.. my tans works! which was a major worry point.. at least it turns the axles.. no idea bout gears yet.. but it's a start.. after the fuel leak is fixed i will get water in it.. and pray these head gaskets don't leak. It sounds way better than i expected though in the video is is just noise.. very loud and cammy here and good throttle response.. Pretty impressed with the street demon, no drama and haven't touched a screw yet and it starts and runs good. Electric choke not wired yet too..

so.. i have questions... the only paint i shot before was single stage enamel which i LOVED... went on thick.. great shine and tough as nails.. my engine bay is single stage urethane and cause of my gas leak it got some on it and the paint crinkled right off.. is urethane that weak?

also.. i have tried twice now to make a hardline from the pump to the carb.. i cannot get it to not leak. i can only single flare, i noticed the factory used a double flare which my tool won't do.. double flare should work better?

Also.. my tans works! which was a major worry point.. at least it turns the axles.. no idea bout gears yet.. but it's a start.. after the fuel leak is fixed i will get water in it.. and pray these head gaskets don't leak. It sounds way better than i expected though in the video is is just noise.. very loud and cammy here and good throttle response.. Pretty impressed with the street demon, no drama and haven't touched a screw yet and it starts and runs good. Electric choke not wired yet too..
Can't help you on the paint but I'll tell you that sounds better than you think and yes you can see how responsive that motor is!

Can't help you on the paint but I'll tell you that sounds better than you think and yes you can see how responsive that motor is!
The carb has small primaries so it should have good response.. and raised the compression to 9.7:1.. not sure if that helps with response though, can't wait to see how it is once i get it tuned.. i need to buy a digital timing light still

dunno what to do bout this fuel line.. i don't wanna spend $150 for a good flare kit to do 1 flare. this cheap kit is supposed to double flare but it wouldn't even start to move the metal with the first stage tool in it. I don't like where the factory/pre bent put the fuel filter but i might just have to buy lines.. already got like $100 into trying to make 1 line.. (tools and all)

Great rainbow through the windshield driving back from town - obviously no photo of that!
Couldn't find it at the top of the hill but the western sky was pretty cool.
1711669326887.png

OK dinners warm now. catchya later

dunno what to do bout this fuel line.. i don't wanna spend $150 for a good flare kit to do 1 flare. this cheap kit is supposed to double flare but it wouldn't even start to move the metal with the first stage tool in it. I don't like where the factory/pre bent put the fuel filter but i might just have to buy lines.. already got like $100 into trying to make 1 line.. (tools and all)
Is it stainless line?

basically this kit.. i know they are crap but i didn't think it would be that bad
1711669508182.jpeg

-
Back