Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
It’ll never be the same. Hasn’t been since the first injury in 2007
Hope you get it fixed... i have something torn in my knee right now.. for the last couple of months every step feels like it's bout to just collapse... hating this old age ****

Hope you get it fixed... i have something torn in my knee right now.. for the last couple of months every step feels like it's bout to just collapse... hating this old age ****
Two words

Neo Prene :lol:

Elbow, wrist and knee when I lift.

Small "runners knee" strap when I bike.

It's not providing support necessarily, just some alignment and keeps me aware of needed alignment through repetitions

Two words

Neo Prene :lol:

Elbow, wrist and knee when I lift.

Small "runners knee" strap when I bike.

It's not providing support necessarily, just some alignment and keeps me aware of needed alignment through repetitions
Explain further please

Explain further please

Repetitive use injury causes convective tissue to become slack. Often times it is not possible to recover, even though more recently things like stem cell therapy. Peptides and HGH can improve circumstances.

Increases in muscular build and strength provides a way to stabilize the joint... but is a slow and methodical process... sometimes unweighted work or lighter weights with increased reps.

Neoprene sleeves or braces can help put a joint in proper orientation for exercise or increase stability while working or working out.

Even if surgery becomes necessary, having strength built aids in recovery.

My experience has been that surgery very seldom increases capability... at best it can stabilize... but requires a dedicated rehabilitation program to avoid a cascading failure which I think you're experiencing as one repair passes stress to another point.

I'm not a medical professional. Just a high mileage guy who doesn't trust doctors and has had to figure stuff out.

Repetitive use injury causes convective tissue to become slack. Often times it is not possible to recover, even though more recently things like stem cell therapy. Peptides and HGH can improve circumstances.

Increases in muscular build and strength provides a way to stabilize the joint... but is a slow and methodical process... sometimes unweighted work or lighter weights with increased reps.

Neoprene sleeves or braces can help put a joint in proper orientation for exercise or increase stability while working or working out.

My experience has been that surgery very seldom increases capability... at best it can stabilize... but requires a dedicated rehabilitation program to avoid a cascading failure which I think you're experiencing as one repair passes stress to another point.

I'm not a medical professional. Just a high mileage guy who doesn't trust doctors and has had to figure stuff out.
Makes sense to me Chris. I'm not one for thinking the doctor is always right mostly when it comes to meds. Just my 2 cents.

Sounds like what I need but Holy crap I would need a Neoprene body suit. You know like the skin divers

Woot

No idea what is in these but it can't be safe

Screenshot_20240418_154111_Facebook.jpg

And not giving a chit
I went through some hard times when I first retired. Working and raising 8 kids by myself then all of a sudden I retired and life was at a standstill. That's one reason I work part time. Ho! and the extra money is nice.

Biggest challenges are usually low back, knees and elbows...

Yoga and Pilates are a really great starting point. Very low stress
The coach I work with emphasizes strength training with large dose of stretching and mobility. I wasn't in bad shape (just old and complacent) but the difference in just one year of dedicated work has blown me away. I still need to strengthen my lower back and legs a bit more, but amazing the difference.. BUILD MUSCLE. It fixes so much...

-
Back