Stop in for a drink.

-
Pool.png

Because I can’t find any more Coors Extra Gold available anywhere around here, I had the chance tonight to compare the last few from my second to last case with some Coors banquet beer from a new case.

I really like the CEG and have been drinking it as my regular for a few years now. I had a CEG first and then a CBB.

I think the CEG has a richer flavor but is also sweeter (not sure if sweeter is better). The CEG also has crisper carbonation thoughout the entire can from start to finish. The CBB is a little crisp at first but fades into a soft foamy carbonation as you work through the can. I like the consistent carbonation mouth feel of CEG better.

CBB has nice mild flavor, good nose and no off notes. It feels lighter in taste (calories and ABV are the same as CEG) which makes it entirely drinkable and refreshing, but somewhat lacking compared to the CEG.

I also bought a case of Michelob Original Lager which was my regular before I switched to the CEG. I will do a direct comparison with it and the CBB tomorrow and post my thoughts. Then sometime later I will compare the MOL to the CEG (once I get room in the fridge for them all.)

In case you hadn’t noticed, I seem to be partial to Lager beers...LOL!

Because I can’t find any more Coors Extra Gold available anywhere around here, I had the chance tonight to compare the last few from my second to last case with some Coors banquet beer from a new case.

I really like the CEG and have been drinking it as my regular for a few years now. I had a CEG first and then a CBB.

I think the CEG has a richer flavor but is also sweeter (not sure if sweeter is better). The CEG also has crisper carbonation thoughout the entire can from start to finish. The CBB is a little crisp at first but fades into a soft foamy carbonation as you work through the can. I like the consistent carbonation mouth feel of CEG better.

CBB has nice mild flavor, good nose and no off notes. It feels lighter in taste (calories and ABV are the same as CEG) which makes it entirely drinkable and refreshing, but somewhat lacking compared to the CEG.

I also bought a case of Michelob Original Lager which was my regular before I switched to the CEG. I will do a direct comparison with it and the CBB tomorrow and post my thoughts. Then sometime later I will compare the MOL to the CEG (once I get room in the fridge for them all.)

In case you hadn’t noticed, I seem to be partial to Lager beers...LOL!
I like Michelob and a fine beer Coors is also great. Not a big beer drinker but there is a big difference in a lot of beers.

For me, beer is kinda like pizza. Almost always good, but some are better than others. Only the rare one fails to be worth consuming.

For me, beer is kinda like pizza. Almost always good, but some are better than others. Only the rare one fails to be worth consuming.
On a hot day working in the yard there is nothing better than a cold beer.

Well tonight I got the chance to compare Coors Banquet Beer and Michelob Original Lager.

My perception of the CBB is still the same. Soft almost creamy carbonation, light flavor but entirely drinkable with consistent mild and balanced grain and hop notes.

My first impression of the MOL is that the carbonation crispness lies in the middle between CBB and CEG. Crisp but not overly creamy. The big surprise was the hops notes. Wow, very floral and earthy, somewhat reminiscent of basil. I didn’t remember that from back when it was my usual beer, but it seems quite dramatic now. It also has a strong fruity note that is similar to the smell of apples in a farm market in fall.

Very interesting to me these new discoveries. Now I know why some of my friends used to call MOL a monster Lager that they could only have a few of at any given time before they felt overwhelmed. I also know now why it always got good marks for pairing with food. Would be a great choice for an Italian supper...or just with a nice pizza.

Sipping a martini watching Johnny Carson hoping we hit higher than 52 F tomorrow. Dear wife is working pasta with pesto and chicken.
Martini sounds good but temp needs to be warmer

Sipping a martini watching Johnny Carson hoping we hit higher than 52 F tomorrow. Dear wife is working pasta with pesto and chicken.
52????
Holy crap! We haven't seen 52 since February. Haven't had a high temp below 90 for weeks now. Hotter than hell here, but at least we don 't have to shovel sunshine off the driveway.

Finally the beer store got some CEG delivered. They put aside 8 cases and called me to come get it.

These days, you have to be an opportunist!

88E9B88D-3B55-4DCD-9111-2E4B7655E995.jpeg

It's time for a toddy. What's for supper? I need to start throwing something together.

-
Back