Doesn't get any better than this.
I’ve got some 100 yr old shine if you’re brave enough to try
I would be up for that. LOL

20210524_201949.jpg

Doesn't get any better than this.

I would be up for that. LOL

View attachment 1715742361
Dude let tell ya the catch first.

my great grandparents bought this farm from a drunk world war 1 vet in the 1920s. There were a layer of bottles of every shape and size a foot thick in the barn yard. In the one barn, the guy had converted in old copper mill and cream separator into a still. Up on the ledge in the barn is a dozen gallon and half gallon moonshine style jugs, with corn cob corks dipped in candle wax. It’s a clear liquid and we opened one, definitely alcohol, but no one has been brave enough to try it.

If you haven't tried it grab a bottle. It's a $25 bottle that drinks like a $50 one.

Bulliet.jpg

Another one added to the collection. This I would put on my top 10 Rye's list. I have 64 so far and I can't wait for 100. I'm still a lightweight though. Friends have hundreds.

High west.jpg

It has been a challenging week.

Last weekend my older sister had a serious cardiac event that put her in the ER and then was hospitalized. Followed by my friend and mentor losing his wife to her battle with cancer a couple of days later. After that, I seriously injured my upper back and neck unloading three 8’ Green Giant Arborvitae trees with 100 lb root balls from my wife’s minivan making sleep nearly impossible until last night. Then today, the lower central AC unit in my rental house in Memphis died costing me $6k to replace.

The only bright spot of the week was a gift of one of the pieces of artwork from my father’s estate to a friend that made him quite happy.

I think that I will have some cold beer on this rainy and chilly day to celebrate the bright spot.

Cheers.

It has been a challenging week.

Last weekend my older sister had a serious cardiac event that put her in the ER and then was hospitalized. Followed by my friend and mentor losing his wife to her battle with cancer a couple of days later. After that, I seriously injured my upper back and neck unloading three 8’ Green Giant Arborvitae trees with 100 lb root balls from my wife’s minivan making sleep nearly impossible until last night. Then today, the lower central AC unit in my rental house in Memphis died costing me $6k to replace.

The only bright spot of the week was a gift of one of the pieces of artwork from my father’s estate to a friend that made him quite happy.

I think that I will have some cold beer on this rainy and chilly day to celebrate the bright spot.

Cheers.
Sorry for all the crap coming down on ya David hope things get better soon.
Cheers buddy.

-
Back