Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
FYI if anyone looking for more/different spots

0AC8382D-839A-4C98-A9EB-2D2AAF272774.png

Hey Zman have you ever went to any courses led by Rob Pincus? He has developed a pistoleros system. I went thru one of the classes this last weekend in adverse conditions. Numb hands dumping mags in mud puddles fishing them out of cold water reload and get back in the fight. At the end had to literally do math equations and tricky word problems in your head to figure out which targets to engage. All targets had numbers and letters spray painted all over them. As you moved around obstacles instructor would shout out a problem the answer was on at least one target. Example: what is x plus one? Answer Z, find target with Z on it and engage. I blew a simple stage at one point. My question was a math problem of 21 minus 17 equals what? I found the target with the 4 on it blistered it and reholstered. I was then promptly informed I was dead as there was another target with the word four on it in alpha characters. I only engaged one bad guy and there were clearly multiple targets! Arghh! Fun class but holy smokes.

Hey Zman have you ever went to any courses led by Rob Pincus? He has developed a pistoleros system. I went thru one of the classes this last weekend in adverse conditions. Numb hands dumping mags in mud puddles fishing them out of cold water reload and get back in the fight. At the end had to literally do math equations and tricky word problems in your head to figure out which targets to engage. All targets had numbers and letters spray painted all over them. As you moved around obstacles instructor would shout out a problem the answer was on at least one target. Example: what is x plus one? Answer Z, find target with Z on it and engage. I blew a simple stage at one point. My question was a math problem of 21 minus 17 equals what? I found the target with the 4 on it blistered it and reholstered. I was then promptly informed I was dead as there was another target with the word four on it in alpha characters. I only engaged one bad guy and there were clearly multiple targets! Arghh! Fun class but holy smokes.
Ever done a bowling pin shoot?

Nope never went to one of his courses. Been to a few in adverse conditions, snow, rain, etc... Never one though with the targets marked like that. Interesting concept, thinking how practical it is though?? I'm sure though, seeing and doing the scenarios gives you a different perspective and better understanding.

Ever wonder what’s under the small silver cap on one of these?

104227CF-249A-4ACC-9949-9EFF1183B8BD.jpeg

In this case, nothing.

98125834-9008-4759-BD19-597604CD6850.jpeg

Or on the inside either.

812D47EB-309D-4577-A76D-600258EACA93.jpeg

Parts didnt show. 1/2 of them were coming from ford. So resume in morning.

Someone had mentioned before the external transistor was fake. Dont think i ever saw one apart. A few de-solders and it should fall apart. safety glasses,solering iron and a compressed air blow gun and solder is gone!
I think the only thing left holding this together is the pinched stud in the middle...and what’s left of the epoxy on the inside. Will drill it out in a bit and see.

19F3B364-15CA-4D1C-9138-ACCB0D7E38AF.jpeg

Heat is what worked. I just needed to get under it.

View attachment 1715415052

View attachment 1715415053
Nice Job!
There were some threads - maybe moparts - where people were discussing replacement transistors.
Nacho tried what he could get down in Argentina - worked for a while IIRC.
Can you post over in Electrical?

Nice! We want to get a bunch cleaned out and install a GM HEI module in there, preserving the Mopar connections. Could get 100.00 each, or more, I bet. There is a market....Old, burned out numbers parts.....
I agree there's definately a market.
The challenge with selling 'em is reliability. Need a really good HEI unit. Even 1 failure in 100 will ruin the reputation. You know what I mean. Bad enough there will be x percentage of folks who miswire it and some subset of which will bad mouth the product or supplier.

Nice Job!
There were some threads - maybe moparts - where people were discussing replacement transistors.
Nacho tried what he could get down in Argentina - worked for a while IIRC.
Can you post over in Electrical?

I agree there's definately a market.
The challenge with selling 'em is reliability. Need a really good HEI unit. Even 1 failure in 100 will ruin the reputation. You know what I mean. Bad enough there will be x percentage of folks who miswire it and some subset of which will bad mouth the product or supplier.
A Good GM module. Those bowtie guys have all the good ****!!!

A Good GM module. Those bowtie guys have all the good ****!!!
But do they still make 'em?
My understanding is the best units are old stock. Best as in least slew rate and most reliable.
Slew is no big deal - can compensate for that in the distributor. Just need consistant and reliable.

Well this will tickle you. Ive been excited about the Coronet project with my son Ian.
He and his brother told me, didnt ask told me, that we are going on PowerTour for 2020. Glad those 2 are excited about thier cars.

-
Back