Stopped at a car show tonight.

-
Before I did the B in my '65 Barracuda, I would just sit there and say " I dont know" or "its not my car..." It had a 340, Holley Strip Dominator, 800 DP and fenderwell headers. Seems everyone who looked at it said one of their uncles used to have one. The local car show around here on Sat mornings is a "good 'ol boys" kind of show. Same 30 cars, same 150 people. You show up out of the blue and you are "in someones parking spot" or almost asked "what are you doing here?". I just pop the hood and go get a donut. Funny how on that day, my car or a beat to chit primer gray and black Duster was getting all the action! Guys had Hilborn stacks on '57's and Rat rods and old vettes, but the 2 Mopars there had more people looking at them at one time than most others. I been back twice in about 5 years and the same guy keeps coming around and looking at it, he must have been that "uncle..."
I agree, if there is no swap meet, then it is a waste of my time.

Hey Tony remember this.... your friend has a HEMI TOO... me ....smiles

HEMI DART.jpg

Once had a gentlemen and his son explain to me that my car would be considerably quicker with a different air cleaner. The 4" K&N was too big, a 2" would be more aerodynamic and thus create better air flow into my engine.
My brother-in-law and I just nodded and thanked him for the tip.

Later, saw him drive away in a pre-80 Datsun.

Everyone has a right to an opinion.

This is my 1966 Plymouth Valiant Signet, an original 273, 4bbl car. In Canada in 1965 and 66 they were built on the Dodge Dart body with all of the Valiant Signet badging and trim pieces, and mine has the 2/3 front white vinyl roof. I'm the second owner of this car and have owned it for 29 years, but still run into people who try to tell me I've screwed the car up by putting the Valiant trim on my Dart, and that I should have kept the original /6 engine (it has the original V8 chrome badges on each front fender) and not put the 318 in it - I've been running a 360 in it for the past 15 years. Most of these people wouldn't know a Dart or Valiant if it came up and bit them. For the past several years I've been telling everyone it' a 1966 Vart - also the reason for my login name OldVart. :)

I usually answer with, ich spreche nicht englisches lol :D

green67cuda said:
i used to take my plain-old 68 mustang coupe to car shows, and you'd be amazed how many people ask if it's a shelby or why i didn't get a mach1 or some crazy crap like that....haven't had a lot of those questions about the barracuda....

the only one with it was in a parking lot, someone asked to see under the hood

".....WOOOOOW....is that a HEMI????"

to which i say

"no....just a wedge V8"

THEN....he said "so THAT's what a max-wedge looks like"

i slapped myself in the forehead, closed the hood and told him he wasn't allowed to look at my car anymore.....EVER

I know of a company who makes a Hemi Conversion kit for 318s, 340s and 360, which is something I'd like to get some day. I'd like to see the look on one of these type of people's face if I had this. Tell them it is a 360 HEMI, have them say I didn't think they made a 360 HEMI. Then proceed to tell them they didn't. :twisted:

There is a guy I work with, he loves his mitsushitbi's

he tried to convince my that my 1969 Valiant Pacer (Dodge Dart) Was built by mitsubishi in Australia, he said they bought the Valiant Plant in 1960 when it was 1980. Needless to say I smacked him in the mouth and told him to get his facts straight. Good thing i work for my father otherwise I would be out of a job

Love to mess with the brain dead. Carried two 11" drums into Sun Devil Auto to be turned. Guy behind the counter says what year? I say "'64" He said that it was too old and that they had no spec to turn the drums. I said "it is cast into the side of the drums". He said what model (like it matters) I said Max Wedge (they were only for a B body rear axle going under my A body). He says never heard of that one. Figures.......

i get the same thing whenever i show my darts. people saying i should have left the 4 cyl in it instead of dropping in the v6 or that i should have dropped the proper 350 into it. all my darts are FACTORY V8 cars. 2 318 cars but i also have 2 273 cars. i love how people are a wealth of knowledge UNTILL you show them they are wrong but that you are. does that make any sence??? i have had one guy even go as far as calling my dart a toyota. since most of my darts dont have emblems on em anymore... some people!!!!

-
Back