Straight brimmed ball caps

-
This guy "Butch" keeps showing up at practice and gigs!! He's a red ***, hard playing, opinionated old grouch who can really pick, and let's you know it whenever he can!! He wears a different hat every week, usually always an 80's style puffy foam front with some Butch-like logo on it!! He was gone this week so I had to do my best Butch imitation in his absence!! I'm wearing my Kendall hat that I got from my grandpa when I was a little kid!! Butch would approve!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 191
Straight brimmed ball caps look STUPID!!!! Unless the club is full of teenage punk rock rapper wanabees, don't buy them. Some things are not worth buying no matter how good the price is.

I'm not into the straight out of the box look myself.
I think its kinda Gaaaaaaayyyy !!!!! (add emphasis)
If i wore my ballcaps with a flat bill when i was a kid, id be called a geek, or a nerd.
Breaking the bill to the shape you wanted was a normal thing.
Too each their own i guess.

Heres the question though, can you break the bill on em to mould em into a normal ball cap? If so then whats wrong with em? Young kids like the day 1 look, us oldsters like the day 2 look.

My niece says there are only three type's of people that wear their hats backwards. Catchers, Welders and morons. She asked her dad which one he was. He's a doctor.

Actually, four types - she left out photographers...

Heres the question though, can you break the bill on em to mould em into a normal ball cap? If so then whats wrong with em? Young kids like the day 1 look, us oldsters like the day 2 look.

Nope, they can't be bent like a regular hat, if you're ever in a hat store or walmart or wherever, grab a bent bill and a flat bill and compare the shape of the hat (not the bill) itself, completely different, you can bend them just a little but no where close to how I like mine bent

Oh well it was worth a shot to appease everybody. Maybe buy the hats through cafe press, and buy some of each type.

the bill is maybe made of concrete!!!! ha

every generation has its fades. maybe sometimes they go full circle???? some are just dumber than others???

maybe the flat bill is fashion "co ordinating" with baggy falling off the a** pants!??? ha

three words about flat bill hats....NEVER NEVER NEVER !!!!!!!!!!

Y'all are pretty uptight about your hats, sheesh. I guess it fits, it is a Mopar site after all.

Y'all are pretty uptight about your hats, sheesh. I guess it fits, it is a Mopar site after all.

I myself don't have that big a problem with em, if you can pull off the look, wear it. Me? Gimme a cowboy hat or BENT bill hat.

I don't care who you are - that's funny !!
But seriously folks car hobby is dying out and anything that can get the younger generation looking our way and taking into consideration restoring older cars if it costs us a hat? big deal, it's time to pick your b******

I don't want our club buying 50 flat brim caps only to sell two. I take it everyone's club gets the curved brim caps???

I don't think anybody's uptight at all. We were asked an opinion and we are giving it. Pro or con.

I don't care who you are - that's funny !!
But seriously folks car hobby is dying out and anything that can get the younger generation looking our way and taking into consideration restoring older cars if it costs us a hat? big deal, it's time to pick your b******

dying out??? no way is it dying. its changing but its far from dying. should see honda day at atco raceway. thousands of people and god knows how many cars. the car hobby is a live and well. they are building what they grew up with and can afford to work on.

I don't want our club buying 50 flat brim caps only to sell two. I take it everyone's club gets the curved brim caps???

Get the curved brim ones since they come in the box with a flat brim anyways, and if the kids want to wear em as a flat brim "straight out the box" then let em. Tag and all. Then break the brim on yours.

Problem solved

They didnt have flat brim hats in the mid 1980s when this homeboy trend started in the inner cities. These kids wore regular ball caps "straight out the box" eventually manufacturers capitalized on this look.

laugh if ya like. I set up a booth at a ??? event, selling flat brim hats and stick on tattoos....... choice of words. 99% of the hat buyers opted for tat that said "stupid", or "dumbass" or "homeboy"..... money maker!! LOL

Must be the Thug caps you guys are talking about. You got to sell the shades to go with them also.

My niece says there are only three type's of people that wear their hats backwards. Catchers, Welders and morons. She asked her dad which one he was. He's a doctor.

Yeah, the soot's a *****. So is burning red hot slag on your bald spot! I like the cheapie disposable cotton ones. they last a few months, and you just grab a new one.

What's the purpose of a hat?
I wear a cotton BDU boonie.
It is comfortable with out the cursed one size fits all strap in the back.
(Really, Really Hate That)
It is washable.
It keeps the sun off in the summer.
It is warmer in the winter since I've found it holds the heat around your head unlike a bill cap.
It is crushable and can go in my cargo pockets in a split second.
It is impossible to wear it backwards.

Now if you are wearing a hat for style, all bets are off.

-
Back