Streetmaster to Airgap

-
So, your assertion is, that no one needs the big ported heads and headers to run fast?

Its obviously your assertion that everyone needs after market aluminum heads to make any power at all right......But some how magically some mange to do it with out those.

So, IMO, a dead stock 302 head can not push a 4000lbs. brick into the 11’s but hope to be proved wrong.

Maybe ask GTX John who stated his car does it over on Class Racer how he manages to do it. Maybe while your there you can tell all those other class racers they need big ported heads to move enough air to run the numbers?

Here's what John had to say on the matter:
We use the factory thermoquad amd manifold even thou it is a major
mismatch to the heads.
I still race a 318 small valve 302 4000Lb Aspen /Wagon with stock 390 lift cam and stock compression/
heads/manifold/ carb when I am not feeling good enough for the faster cars. I was shocked how well the stock 302 flowed compared to
my best 202 X heads up to max lift of 390 on the same bench even with the tiny valves (Hint: well over 200 CFMS's with the
right valve job.

So the question is very simple does the head move enough air to make the power?

Its a YES or NO proposition is it not. If you think it cant be done say so. If you think that a port that's only 125 cc cant flow 200 cfm and make power man up and tell everyone it can't be done. Surely you're confident to do that.

So, your assertion is, that no one needs the big ported heads and headers to run fast?
One of my favorite parts about this thread.. ...is... where he wants to take and turn the street Master into a street dominator... instead of just buying a street dominator. More eye-rolling statements.

The question I have is.........

If everyone posting on this thread just agreed that a streetmaster 318 intake and a set of untouched 302 heads was absolutely, positively....... THE red hot combo for 11 second ET’s in a 4000lb barge.........

Would the whole WWW just implode on itself??

If everyone posting on this thread just agreed that a streetmaster 318 intake and a set of untouched 302 heads was absolutely, positively....... THE red hot combo for 11 second ET’s in a 4000lb barge.........

I think if people went along with that and entertained his idea he'd probably wet his pants in excitement.
For him that would be better then actually running elevens with that head and intake combo.

More importantly, would the thread finally just die?

Its obviously your assertion that everyone needs after market aluminum heads to make any power at all right......But some how magically some mange to do it with out those.
Obviously? Incorrect. Only in your eyes.

Maybe ask GTX John who stated his car does it over on Class Racer how he manages to do it. Maybe while your there you can tell all those other class racers they need big ported heads to move enough air to run the numbers?
Now your just being silly and trying to be inflammatory.
I’m not asking GTX John anything, I’m asking you here and now how you do it.
I’m also not telling a class racer anything.
Running ported heads just makes it easier to make more power. Since certain classes of racing say no ported heads, than that’s the way it is. They go for being efficient. I get that.

So the question is very simple does the head move enough air to make the power?
Is the head ports stock, untouched?
Its a YES or NO proposition is it not.
Not! Not from where I sit is it a yes or no question.
See my above question.

Surely you're confident to do that.
To “Man up?”, this discussion requires nothing to man up about. I’m not arguing anything yet. I am asking questions.

I’ll say this outright, if the head is dead stock, then as I type away right now, I have no idea how to do it.
Could I figure it out? IDK! I’ll just say I’m not interested in trying but hearing what others do and how they went about it is always interesting and welcomed.

Now you said GTX John went 11’s in a 4,000lbs ride using 302 heads.
I think that’s cool. I would assume there ported, but if there not, even better. I’d like to know how it was done though I don’t think I’ll ever hear or see a class racer talk & type about there stuff ever.

Now can you define power finally?

I guess if I ever feel the need to purge, I'll come read this thread. It'll make me wanna puke after the first page.

I think it would be an interesting experiment if everyone would quit responding to Hysteric in this thread. How many more posts would Hysteric make in an otherwise silent thread? We could start a poll.

If the ports aren’t horribly undersized at the flange, I’m going to modify the one I pictured. The plenum wouldn’t be half the volume of a street dominator once opened. I have a friend that wants to put a four barrel on a stock 273. If the runner dividers aren’t a 1/4 inch thick, it may even have a chance of making more power than the stock 2 barrel intake. Design wise, it would be a 1/3 scale Weiand Xcellerator without the height. I’ll know how big of a steaming pile it is after I attack it with a hole saw and see what is after the plenum.

Soooo. I put a low mile '88 "roller cam" motor in a 69 I have. The 2bbl carb was leaking and I had a good 600 edelbrock I wanted to put on. I also had a 318 streetmaster kicking around i got for nothing. So I stuck that suckered on there threw a small cam in it and?????????

Unfortunately no 11 sec time slips
No 12's,no 13's not even any 14's!
The thing falls on it's face right about 4800-5000. It's even got "big" 360 exhaust manifolds on it.
The cam i put in with " performance oriented " parts should pull to about 5500.(I think, can't remember the exact specs it's a regrind I bought a long time ago. 218@50 ‍♂️ I think)
So. What does it do good? I think exactly what the the 318 streetmaster intake and 302 heads were designed to do. Excellent gas mileage, good throttle response. The car is a dream to drive around town but not a 1/4 mile beast.
If I win the lottery I will pay somebody $10000 to port those 302's into some special unicorn head and do wheel stands all the way down the quarter busting off 11's(or 10's it is a roller cam motor )

I’ll say this outright, if the head is dead stock, then as I type away right now, I have no idea how to do it.
Could I figure it out? IDK! I’ll just say I’m not interested in trying but hearing what others do and how they went about it is always interesting and welcomed.

Now you said GTX John went 11’s in a 4,000lbs ride using 302 heads.
I think that’s cool. I would assume there ported, but if there not, even better. I’d like to know how it was done though I don’t think I’ll ever hear or see a class racer talk & type about there stuff ever.

Now can you define power finally?

Here are HIS words again.

We use the factory thermoquad and manifold even thou it is a major
mismatch to the heads.
I still race a 318 small valve 302 4000Lb Aspen /Wagon with stock 390 lift cam and stock compression/
heads/manifold/ carb when I am not feeling good enough for the faster cars. I was shocked how well the stock 302 flowed compared to
my best 202 X heads up to max lift of 390 on the same bench even with the tiny valves
(Hint: well over 200 CFMS's with the
right valve job.

Sorry but ported or not that is IMPRESSIVE for a 318 . Just not for you and the rest of the clowns here because you guys are all superstars and know everything.

Jeff @ Modern Cylinder Heads went as far as saying his would make 500 HP and that was with a 125 cc port from memory.

Who would have thought a 125 cc port could make power........I must be the only person in the world deluded enough to think a ported 302 could run 11's..........Oh wait some one's already doing it with less cubes, less comp, less port volume and less cam lift and more weight. **** the major mismatch between the head and manifold is a dead give away to the size of the port. Since you're the appointed Mopar Guru here maybe you could tell him what he's doing wrong........:thumbsup:

Here are HIS words again.
Sorry, not interested in his words.
Interested in yours and your car.

Sorry but ported or not that is IMPRESSIVE for a 318 . Just not for you and the rest of the clowns here because you guys are all superstars and know everything.
Impressive for a 318? By your standards? Don’t worry about my standards or what YOU think I’m impressed by or should be. I also would like if you didn’t call me a “Super Star.” There’s no way I could accept that moniker. You seem to want the title pretty bad.

There is a huge difference in stock and ported heads.

Since you're the appointed Mopar Guru here maybe you could tell him what he's doing wrong........
“I’m the appointed MoPar guru?” LMAO!
I don’t know where you get that from!
No thanks on the title!
Like I stated before, and wonder why you would state,
maybe you could tell him what he's doing wrong
After I said just a post or so prior that I don’t know how they do it, why would you say that again and keep pushing what is only an issue in your head? It’s not an issue here as much as you try to make it one.

Like I said earlier, IDK how they do it but I’d like to know even though they will never tell. But you brag a lot, how did you do yours?

Instead of instigating and twisting words, shoving labels and etc….
Try to contribute instead.

Last edited:
I think it would be an interesting experiment if everyone would quit responding to Hysteric in this thread. How many more posts would Hysteric make in an otherwise silent thread? We could start a poll.
No, not that! Let it ride. It’s really just “John” worship.

Hahahaha..............Chester.

Last edited:
He's only mad because ...NO BODY CARES

This has been :popcorn:

The point of the whole thread for him was to trap people via word twist and reversal and accusations while throwing stones not answering questions and flipping while maintaining a narrative that narrow path only broadened by himself (moving goal posts) and then name calling, redirecting and being inflammatory.

All of this has been well displayed and is really his only way he seems to post up here on FABO.

Notice how he keeps pushing guru, twice on me on this page alone. While I’m trying to have an adult conversation, he resorts back to idiotic ways of wording and name calling. This we all see. I’m sure he’ll twist this post up well with a wacko point of view.

Well, this has been a real :popcorn: show.
I’m out. I’m also sure he’ll post something really good….. Someday….

Im going back to the normal people of the forum.

AMF!

So Kitty made me this kickass buffalo chicken dip last night off a Frank's hot sauce bottle. She spruced up the recipe her own way like she always does. Dammit dat chit was good. I think I'm gonna heat some up fer lunch.

Sorry, not interested in his words.

Instead of instigating and twisting words, shoving labels and etc….
Try to contribute instead.

Why? It because they agree with mine.......

He contributed what he has been able to do but you and the others here didn't like it because again it doesn't support your argument. Its obviously embarrassing for some of the people here to accept.

Looks like the beginning of an adult conversation!

Why? It because they agree with mine.......

He contributed what he has been able to do but you and the others here didn't like it because again it doesn't support your argument. Its obviously embarrassing for some of the people here to accept.

Here is where your wrong, please point out to the world where I personally said in this thread that it can’t be done.

I know it can be done since I have investigated this venue and spoke with a few class racers and have seen GTX Johns post and do not doubt it. Even more so since I can not refute it. After some investigation, I decided not to travel this route.

You write “It is obviously embarrassing” which actually only applies to yourself at this moment. Here you are shoving words into my mouth, again, under moving goal posts while including me with those that do not understand what is possible.

Shame on you!

The only thing I didn’t like is your posts and words. Grow up and act like an adult for heavens sake! Please! Stop acting like a little Karen!

Obviously you can’t accept that and your inability to properly comprehend what you read.

I’ll reply back when you start showing YOUR ride that has 302 heads and runs like all get out. As well as answer the questions out to you.

Until then, your just being a big assed fly in the ointment!

Good day to you.

The only thing I didn’t like is your posts and words. Grow up and act like an adult for heavens sake! Please! Stop acting like a little Karen!

I’ll reply back when you start showing YOUR ride that has 302 heads and runs like all get out. As well as answer the questions out to you.

That's YOU didn't like MY words..... Not the facts I presented nor what those facts imply. Guess you're just not big enough to see past what's said as opposed to who said it. Truth is truth irrespective of whom it comes from.

No need to as GTX John's 302 heads already prove that.

That's YOU didn't like MY words.....
Correct! Finally! But not in what you assert!
It’s your idiotic words.
Not the facts.

Not the facts I presented nor what those facts imply. Guess you're just not big enough to see past what's said as opposed to who said it. Truth is truth irrespective of whom it comes from.
Truth manipulated with moving goalposts!
No need to as GTX John's 302 heads already prove that.
I’m not worried about what GTX J has done.

I just want to take the time to say thanks for proving me right and showing the form exactly what I said would happen. Truly, you have lost. You are lost. Maybe one day you’ll come around. I doubt it, but, you never know. Sometimes, people do grow up!

Thanks once again for not being able to prove what I asked of you and miss reading and misconstruing what I said which was plain and simple. Reading comprehension is not your strong point! I think like a child is. Moving goal post, trying to shove your words and assertions and twisting everybody’s words is your forte. Once again proven quite well.

for sure! I am now truly 100% out since you cannot do anything asked of you or prove anything given to you to prove. Once again you are proving yourself a complete waste of time in cyberspace. This was a minor entertainment at best. Making yourself look like a true asshole is a gift you have that you should lose.

So Kitty made me this kickass buffalo chicken dip last night off a Frank's hot sauce bottle. She spruced up the recipe her own way like she always does. Dammit dat chit was good. I think I'm gonna heat some up fer lunch.

Well.....did you???

-
Back