Streetmaster to Airgap

-
These are your choice of words are they not?

Can they or can they not make the power to push a 3400 lb brick into the 11's is the question.

Its a simple Yes or NO.

Simple question gets a simple answer: No they can’t. These are the heads you are talking about:
D3C2DFAA-10F5-4DC6-8F26-12317AEA3523.jpeg
A factory assembled oem 302 head, pulled from a box ready to install. So no, Installing a set of 302 heads will not push a 3400 lb brick into the 11’s.

And, these are your choice of words are they not?

What people are doing or not doing is irrelevant.

I agree. So no porting, no valve size changes, no nothing. As you stated in your response to me, what people are doing or not doing is irrelevant.

No moving the goalposts, no tweaking the premise, changing the narrative, rewording your question.

So, put those 302’s on that small block, stuff it in your 3400 lb brick and prove to the world that they can push that heap into the 11’s down the 1/4.

:welcome:

Last edited:
Smart people quit while they are behind.......You're not fooling anyone with your story change and everyone in both threads yes both threads know we are talking about
modded heads so I'll ask you again.

Did you suddenly forget all the claims of 5 to 10K in cost........Does a oem head cost 5 to 10K?

Here it is again since you think it can't be done:

"Since we're spit balling do you think it would be possible to make 550 HP with a head that started out life with a 95 cc intake port volume and a 1.74 intake valve? Put another way could you make 550HP with a head that's even smaller than a 302 head to start with after modifying it?"

Even funnier would be If your assertion was sticking a stock untouched 302 head on a 408 and expecting power is ridiculous to begin with. But if that's what you need to do in the hope of appearing intelligent than go for it. Anyone with half a brain knows........Except you maybe. Would you like to make any more asinine statements in the hope of appearing intelligent? Please do I enjoy the laughs.

I've got one of those old streetmasters. It's surprisingly heavy with all the extra aluminum in it. I've been wondering forever what it would do if someone milled the plenum open and cut the runner dividers back to a knife edge about an inch past the plenum just to see what it could do. It has nicely swept runners and no bolt pinch at the ports. Modified like that with the addition of a 1 inch open spacer I suspect it would be like a downsized version of an Offy Port-O-Sonic or a Weiand Xcelllerator. It would almost certainly have to be better than the Edelbrock TM5 or Torker 340 intakes that were available at the same time.
It's a doorstop. A paperweight. A two man boat anchor.....and not a very good one.

Smart people quit while they are behind.......You're not fooling anyone with your story change and everyone in both threads yes both threads know we are talking about
Can you point out to me where you said the 302 heads ARE PORTED? In this ridiculously long winded battle of the lungs?

Your original question did not include that information or caveat or suggest such an allowed modification.

Can you point out to me where you said the 302 heads ARE PORTED? In this ridiculously long winded battle of the lungs?

Your original question did not include that information or caveat or suggest such an allowed modification.
FYI, my posts that this guy is responding to is mostly sarcasm. Ive posted that nobody picks those heads to make power with. It obviously went over his head. Maybe some others here. I know he’s talking about what can be done with the head to try and get the results he’s talking about, hell, I’m trying to do with stuff others wouldn’t mess with. Absurdity, sarcasm humor. If others don’t get it, then it ain’t working! I’m no RRR:eek:
This fan of 302’s wants to resort to questioning intelligence etc he can have at it. Im not offended by or worried about anything he can sling. I still don’t think he’ll get into the 11’s though with them.

Last edited:

Did you suddenly forget all the claims of 5 to 10K in cost........Does a oem head cost 5 to 10K?

Here it is again since you think it can't be done:

"Since we're spit balling do you think it would be possible to make 550 HP with a head that started out life with a 95 cc intake port volume and a 1.74 intake valve? Put another way could you make 550HP with a head that's even smaller than a 302 head to start with after modifying it?"

Even funnier would be If your assertion was sticking a stock untouched 302 head on a 408 and expecting power is ridiculous to begin with. But if that's what you need to do in the hope of appearing intelligent than go for it. Anyone with half a brain knows........Except you maybe. Would you like to make any more asinine statements in the hope of appearing intelligent? Please do I enjoy the laughs.
Hey idiot... you are the one who brought up so n so head porter cnc outfit who typically charges in the thousands to do heads AND you mentioned missing out on a pair that were listed at $2000 according to your own post here. So... in the thousands it IS... AND porting/modifying is relevant because it is the direct source of the reason it's a path not traveled by anyone other than a rule abiding class racer .. that's not a cheap game-period. So if modifying is irrelevant.....so is whether or not a 302 head can be worked to to support xyz or not. Your lame ideas were entertained and you still came out looking like a doofus who spends his time trying to figure out how to win a marathon in flip flops. It's pointless aside from an ego stroke..and I'm sure that's really SHORT stroke for yours.
So If or when you do accomplish something cool, let us know... until then...we don't care... because you are ALL TALK and NO WALK. You're slow and dont make 500 hp with any head atm.
Isn't that right?

You are not running 11's, are you.. yes or no?
You have not accomplished such feats with said 302 heads have you, yes or no?

You can't beat a skinless drum.
Now fk off.

If you've ever seen that manifold in person you would understand how small that runner opening really is. If that tiny manifold only lost 15 hp @ 5600 how much would a larger opening lose? I guess my small port 302's aren't all that small and restrictive after all......

Here nice and big so no one can pretend they didn't see or change their tunes....... The original point still stands. If that tiny intake runner opening only lost 16 HP @ 5600 RPM guess my ported 302's aren't much of a restriction air flow wise that everyone says they are.

We were never talking about unported 302's..........As much as you all would like to tell yourselves.

Here's what 12many actually said. I wasn't going to beat him around the head with it until you showed up and gave me no other choice. He was decent enough to try and use humour to avoid the humiliation but you forced my hand.

BIG BOLD and in RED.

I’ve got a set of 78 596 and the 90 302 heads on the 318 atm. Can be rebuilt Bone stock or home ported, but both using existing valve sizes. I have my thoughts on what I’d run, obviously the 596’s, just also humoring the idea of the capabilities or possibilities of these 302’s optimized for the above scenario. Pros/cons of either head if either were the only heads one had. :steering:

Seriously...just deny him affirmation and wish him luck on porting his magical heads to 11's... if he is all he wishes he was..he'll do it.
Here nice and big so no one can pretend they didn't see or change their tunes....... The original point still stands. If that tiny intake runner opening only lost 16 HP @ 5600 RPM guess my ported 302's aren't much of a restriction air flow wise that everyone says they are.

We were never talking about unported 302's..........As much as you all would like to tell yourselves.

Here's what 12many actually said. I wasn't going to beat him around the head with it until you showed up and gave me no other choice. He was decent enough to try and use humour to avoid the humiliation but you forced my hand.

BIG BOLD and in RED.
That does not indicate that.
Wow.
Keep searching . You'll figure it out.

Wow...

BIG BOLD and in RED.
What planet are you from? I can’t think of anyone I’ve ever met who makes a statement about someone and then provides all the answers about them. So in that case, You are indeed “hysterical” Beating around the head? You are delusional. Did Twitter ban you or something?

Its a simple premise. If a tiny 302 head starts life @ 125 cc's and cant make any power once ported then a head that starts at 95 cc's should be even less likely to make 550 HP once ported correct?

Here's another one......

Mopar Performance Parts - '71 Satellite 340 Small-Block Bolt-Ons - Hot Rod Magazine

What increase would you expect when going from a streetmaster intake that looks really restrictive to an airgap that's meant to be the best dual plane currently available.

Doesn't look like that little intake manifold was really choking down the performance of that engine.

You don't understand at all.

What does a rpm flow and what does a street master flow....ah but wait, with restrictive 318 exhaust manifolds on it...now what can it spit out to make room for what's coming in...oh but not even that so much as the heads only flow 200 or so +/- ...so now that street master is a pos that only keeps up with stock 1.88 360 heads 'therefore only a minor hp diff' because the rpms airflow isn't being used up by the lesser flowing heads!

We aren't comparing 340 2.02 heads that flow near 230cfm and their higher flowing exhaust manifolds..we are looking at a handicapped pos 340 with choker heads and choker manifolds.
All you're pointing us towards is that a pos street master is just that, a pos...and it's perfect for pos lesser flowing 302 heads where that intake seems big for a teen.

How you draw this pos intake to "ported to 500 horsepower heads' is beyond sense.

What planet are you from? I can’t think of anyone I’ve ever met who makes a statement about someone and then provides all the answers about them. So in that case, You are indeed “hysterical” Beating around the head? You are delusional. Did Twitter ban you or something?

Sadly a planet where people lie and when they get caught out they make excuses......

Should delete this waste of server space thread.
I’ll make a feeble attempt to redeem a little something out of it. I’ve asked before but wow, it was a ways back… If you were limited to iron heads on a .30 over 318, (less than optimal, I know!) what would you choose… 913? 234 industrial? 360 heads? Longer Chevy valves, 5/16 stems, what valve sizes? Haul the whole mess off for scrap and hope money starts raining out of the sky to buy a real set of heads with?

So now your argument is the restrictive exhaust played a big part in why it didn't make that much difference?

Funny isn't it how the guys who race in the F.A.S.T Factory Appearing Stock Tire category have to use cast iron manifolds and they make LOTS of power...

Look at that tiny port opening it looks to be smaller than a 318 port window in size and realize it wasn't hindering those 360 heads all that much.

90c224a2-b7f2-41a1-afbe-55f48c4902f2-jpeg.jpg

So now your argument is the restrictive exhaust played a big part in why it didn't make that much difference?

Funny isn't it how the guys who race in the F.A.S.T Factory Appearing Stock Tire category have to use cast iron manifolds and they make LOTS of power...

Look at that tiny port opening it looks to be smaller than a 318 port window in size and realize it wasn't hindering those 360 heads all that much.

View attachment 1715831663
So, your assertion is, that no one needs the big ported heads and headers to run fast?

So, your assertion is, that no one needs the big ported heads and headers to run fast?
Exactly my point.

Just because I merely mentioned the tiny ex manifolds..he ran with that...even though I put emphasis on the main detail..the 1.88 heads that don't flow as much as the rpm airgap intake does.

He doesn't understand..and yet he is the one showing us the article!

Its misrepresented by the title.
The 340 is handicapped with 1.88 heads and 318 exhaust manifolds.

He is a jerkstick obsessed with 302 heads.
Fin

Exactly my point.

Just because I merely mentioned the tiny ex manifolds..he ran with that...even though I put emphasis on the main detail..the 1.88 heads that don't flow as much as the rpm airgap intake does.

Fin
I caint believe this shitshow is still happenin.

Exactly my point.

Fin

Id like to know who runs a dead stock (refurbished OK) 302 head and how fast they run (ET & MPH) in the 1/4.
Specs of the engine needed, no secrets. As well as the rest of the drivetrain and car.

Then again with a ported 302 head.

In the beginning, the question was but never included the word “Ported” for the heads.

So, IMO, a dead stock 302 head can not push a 4000lbs. brick into the 11’s but hope to be proved wrong.

If I’m proven wrong, I’d like to know exactly what was done.

Obviously or at least IMO, IF this 318 w/302 headed 4000 lbs. car runs that quick, I would not consider it a street car, but that is also drivers taste or choice. A “Street Car” has to many variables and probably nearly as many as we have members.

-
Back