Streetmaster to Airgap

-
Some ones angry.

The one you can't bring yourself to answer. At least Rat finally came around to admitting the head can flow enough air to make the power I need. You're just angry because I made you look foolish.

I didn’t “come around” to anything. I said you are a tool and that’s exactly what you are. The fool is you. I’ll ask it again. What does it prove if you use those heads? And you’ve already admitted it’s not YOUR port work. You are standing on the shoulders of someone else. You couldn’t port those and make them work. It’s still a stupid idea to spend 2k (your figure, not mine but you can bet the R&D a to get the heads to that level was more than that by over double, but you don’t count that) on a head like that. It makes zero sense, unless you want to have a dick measuring contest, thinking you can make more power with a sorry casting. I work smart, not hard. You copy and claim it’s yours. A pathetic troll.

What's funny is how long it took for some one to man up and admit the head can flow enough to do it. Yeah its gonna take you 10K in head work because you have no idea on how to do it and so you'd be learning on some one else's money.

Its afternoon here.

One more time. I admitted nothing. I had to answer the question YOUR WAY because that’s the only answer you’d accept. The truth is no one on this forum would tell someone to spend that kind of money on a head like that. It’s ignorant. But to say you were right you have to get the answer you want. The answer is it’s stupid. That’s why it suits you so well.

Gents,
Please resume your seats......
I am not familiar with the s/b head numbers such as 302s.

To my American friends: does it ever occur to you that Hysteric might live in a country other than the US where parts are much harder to come by. And cost MORE. Heaps more. A TF flow head that you pay $1000 for would cost me over $1400, plus shipping to get it here [ Australia ]. Petrol here is $7.30 a US gal. That is std. Premium is $8.00. You have to be a dedicated die hard to be in this hobby. A rich diehard helps....
You guys in the US just do not realise how LUCKY you are with abundant places to buy parts, & the choices you have, & how cheap they are compared to the rest of the world. Some suppliers in the US will not ship overseas, it is too much of a hassle for them. So we have to find another way...

Hysteric might well be using 302 heads because that is all he can get in his part of the world.

So living in another country means he can be ignorant and a troll. Now it all makes sense.

:rolleyes: So how come They never threw the Streetmaster back on to finish w/a flourish? Lol....

I didn’t “come around” to anything. I said you are a tool and that’s exactly what you are. The fool is you. I’ll ask it again. What does it prove if you use those heads? And you’ve already admitted it’s not YOUR port work. You are standing on the shoulders of someone else. You couldn’t port those and make them work. It’s still a stupid idea to spend 2k (your figure, not mine but you can bet the R&D a to get the heads to that level was more than that by over double, but you don’t count that) on a head like that. It makes zero sense, unless you want to have a dick measuring contest, thinking you can make more power with a sorry casting. I work smart, not hard. You copy and claim it’s yours. A pathetic troll.

Really where did I say some one else ported those heads.......Nice try though. Everyone stands on the shoulders of others that's how life works. This isn't about you its about whether those heads can make the power or not. There just a set of cylinder heads at the end of the day. Last time I looked my hobby wasn't about work but about seeing what I can do with what I have because its fun going fast with Junk.....well to me it is but I can understand your desire to just buy everything to go fast and get other people to do it for you but I enjoy the sense of accomplishment that only I can get for doing myself. Difference for me is If I can do it once then I can do it over and over again.

One more time. I admitted nothing. I had to answer the question YOUR WAY because that’s the only answer you’d accept. The truth is no one on this forum would tell someone to spend that kind of money on a head like that. It’s ignorant. But to say you were right you have to get the answer you want. The answer is it’s stupid. That’s why it suits you so well.

The truth is the head either flows enough air to make the power or it doesn't. Its a matter of physics and nothing more. Physics is one thing opinion is another so all these budgetary figures that you and others "assume" it will cost are just opinions of people that have never done it.

opinions of people that have never done it.

Including you.

Any head can do anything with enough Welding and grinding, but that does not apply to "can x head to y fast" because it's no longer the same damn head. Don't start with ship of theseus fallacy either.

So far, you've shown zero cars running 11s with a 302 head. Where's your evidence to back up your lies?

Claims from others carry no weight when the official record does not reflect their claims, nor does any available or demonstrated article so far.

You lie, you twist, you misrepresent.

You still can't explain wtf you brought up a manifold swap that netted moderate gains and concluded those gains were somehow too small to count. More dishonesty.

What's funny is how long it took for some one to man up and admit the head can flow enough to do it. Yeah its gonna take you 10K in head work because you have no idea on how to do it and so you'd be learning on some one else's money.

Its afternoon here.

Thanks, now we know that you find it acceptable to learn on someone else's money.

I notice you keep jabbing at my knowledge and ability. Don't be so intimidated by it.
You fail to understand no one knows it all, there are no masters..only people closer to or on the cutting edge of the learning curve ...that you merely a spectate. You're a reader, a viewer, a parrot. You have aspiration...but are more driven by spite and the desire to out do another in odd ways that only matter to you.
Its evident you have a complex.
All the distractions keeping us from seeing what we should be seeing... who you are, what you do..show us you prickish little antagonist you..

So take a fully engineered race engine designed to be legal in a certain class and put mediocre stock heads on it in a fully engineered race car and make enough power to go high 11s. Take the same engine and put on some ootb speedmaster heads on it and drop a half second at least. Why use the stock heads?, only if you have to for class racing.
Poor flowing heads will make SOME power on a race engine, good flowing heads will make GOOD power on ANY engine.

Thanks, now we know that you find it acceptable to learn on someone else's money.

I notice you keep jabbing at my knowledge and ability. Don't be so intimidated by it.
You fail to understand no one knows it all, there are no masters..only people closer to or on the cutting edge of the learning curve ...that you merely a spectate. You're a reader, a viewer, a parrot. You have aspiration...but are more driven by spite and the desire to out do another in odd ways that only matter to you.
Its evident you have a complex.
All the distractions keeping us from seeing what we should be seeing... who you are, what you do..show us you prickish little antagonist you..

Can or cannot is all it is about.....If the head can flows enough air to make the power is all that matters.

So take a fully engineered race engine designed to be legal in a certain class and put mediocre stock heads on it in a fully engineered race car and make enough power to go high 11s. Take the same engine and put on some ootb speedmaster heads on it and drop a half second at least. Why use the stock heads?, only if you have to for class racing.
Poor flowing heads will make SOME power on a race engine, good flowing heads will make GOOD power on ANY engine.

Would you say that the engine and car you talk about in this post is a fully engineered race car and those heads where $2K-$5K?

Very cool thread,nice to see you document this for everyone.I ported a set of 318 heads for a street 360 build with awesome results.I ended up raising the legnth of the roof to the stock 360 port size and reworking the short turn and opening up the bowl to 90% of the intake.Also did the same as you on the exhaust side,original 1.78/1.5 but they did have a serdi valve job.The heads went on a stock 360 shortblock with an actual 8.6 compression,ported performer intake (360 size runners/mild plenum work) 600 holley ,cheap headers and an xe274 and was a screamer,upper 12's all daylong with 3.23s in a 70 dart!.

And yet the performance is impressive in my view. Lets see if they attack you now for doing the same thing.

Last edited:
Would you say that the engine and car you talk about in this post is a fully engineered race car and those heads where $2K-$5K?

And yet the performance is impressive in my view. Lets see if they attack you now for doing the same thing.
I agree but there is a big difference between what I did with a high 12 second street car and trying to do 11s, one is economical (if you can do the work yourself) and one is impractical (even if you can do the work yourself) unless you are class restricted. With the availability/cost of speedmasters/promaxx heads there just isn't a reason to build 302s for anything performance unless you are restricted by class. I will answer your question and say yes a 302 head can do 11s, but the cost/work involved in them and the rest of the package to make them perform is impractical, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. By all means though make your car go fast with them and please make a thread here (no sarcasm), it would be fun to see.

yes a 302 head can do 11s

That's all that matters. That was my entire point.

but the cost/work involved in them and the rest of the package to make them perform is impractical, just because you can do something doesn't mean you should

On this we can disagree. To run 11's would take the same ancillaries. I have very little in these head except a valve job, valves and guides. All the rest I've done myself. And they are already at 240 cfm @ .550 lift with a 1.9 inch valve. There is a lot of room for improvement on my current combo and a decent short block is the first start.

You ran high 12's with less valve and less gear and less comp. I'm at 12.6's @ 107 MPH. That MPH right there should tell you I'm not that far away for the weight.

just because you can do something doesn't mean you should.

If that was the case then we should never port or modify any head we should just buy everything. Its just that want I want to do is at the other end of the spectrum compared to most. How did you feel when you ran 12's with heads that everyone said wouldn't do it? You can and so you did and the results speak for themselves. So why can you do what others say can't be done?

Hey @lead69, do you like how the guy pulls one small quote from everything you said and builds his entire argument on it??? Classic small dick syndrome. He wants everyone to bless his work and worship him for his porting prowess. He gets none of that from me. Only a raving idiot would stand there and grind on a head to prove a lesson that means nothing to anyone else.

Here is a classic example of that. In Pro Stock 25-30 years ago (before the DRCE) it would take 50-60 hours of welding on the heads. Then they had to be heat treated. Then every single surface had to be machined. Once all that was done, you could start on the port work. What hysteric wants is accolades for doing work to do work. No one in Pro Stock today would do that. They could, but why? It takes away from development time of everything else.

Hysteric is a sausage pounder who wants recognition for doing dumb work. I don’t honor stupid.

Hey @lead69, do you like how the guy pulls one small quote from everything you said and builds his entire argument on it??? Classic small dick syndrome. He wants everyone to bless his work and worship him for his porting prowess. He gets none of that from me. Only a raving idiot would stand there and grind on a head to prove a lesson that means nothing to anyone else.

Here is a classic example of that. In Pro Stock 25-30 years ago (before the DRCE) it would take 50-60 hours of welding on the heads. Then they had to be heat treated. Then every single surface had to be machined. Once all that was done, you could start on the port work. What hysteric wants is accolades for doing work to do work. No one in Pro Stock today would do that. They could, but why? It takes away from development time of everything else.

Hysteric is a sausage pounder who wants recognition for doing dumb work. I don’t honor stupid.

You mean this part:

a 302 head can do 11s

Just step back and see it for all its ignorance...
..He's talking street master manifolds and 302 heads... in the same paragraph as 500hp, 11's, and 550 hp 302 heads in another thread based on a driver street car..

Trollin trollin trollin trollin, repeat

-
Back