StuBBle has left the field.

-
Thanks Steve. My plan to install the 1970 440 I have here. It does have the mounts on it. It will be the easiest way to get it going. Nothing is chiseled into granite yet though! The parts car came with the original 400 / auto trans so everything I need is there.
Awesome! I have a nice factory 4 barrel intake for that motor which is Free to you if you want it! Let me know, and if you’re in town sometime you can pick it up. Vice versa too.

65242458-0751-472B-8FD7-62D8456912EA.jpeg

E6596587-5DB0-490E-A17A-76F84C2670F5.jpeg

I forgot to mention the car came with two rallye clusters. Both of the bezels are damaged but I found a mint one. Now I just have to install the 150 speedo into the tach cluster and I have what it needs. I got a complete wiring harness for the car with the bezel so the rallye conversion will be easy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

This is the interior package. I need a new blue dash pad, or I can cover it with one of those caps. Both mine are black.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I've seen this car in person, and it's as good if not better than it looks in the pics.
It should come together quickly, there's just a lot of little things that the car needs.
And some TLC as already shown.
Great work, George!

Thanks Tom. If the rear passenger quarter window had not been busted out, the rust would have been contained to behind the wheels.

I ran out of 3M trim and emblem adhesive. That is what I usually use for this type of thing along with the outer edges of headliners.

$170USD, ($5793CAD), plus shipping plus duty plus unknown time. Or 237 swear words and about an hour of removal time.

image.jpg

I was going to just make it into a patch due to the difference in the 71 - 74 seat belt locations. That is all it really needs. But alas, I can’t live with that. It’s getting the whole pan modified. Tomorrow is another day.

2CA9AB9D-B237-4B5A-B71C-BA007777AD11.jpeg

FB456FE6-0C31-4526-B6B4-53D6396F6C92.jpeg

778F18F2-9EAE-42EA-8F14-0FDFA13CF10C.jpeg

I had to go to a training course for work for a couple days. But as soon as I got back I whipped out to the shop and permatized the pan. Then I gave a little por15 to the surface rusted area.

From this

C0C7D2BB-3AF3-4CE9-9138-DE6DC59D402E.jpeg

To this

2387D9C4-52B3-4BD8-BF75-709462825398.jpeg

765AFB10-E1B8-47F7-BF1F-F85DEBF171EB.jpeg

6C3BF990-B116-42C1-AE46-561C3DFF1C44.jpeg

Last edited:
And a test fit says the floor is nice and level and the seats sit straight! Been a long while since the was a front seat in StuBBle!

CFB8B013-EB9A-404C-A845-F68365C947C5.jpeg

DC92C92C-E133-441D-8CA9-454F99FC6BA2.jpeg

Thank you Steve. I'm very happy with the way it's coming along.

Well, the first pic I saw of the car was in a field. Not a stubble field, but close enough. Then once I got to inspect it I could tell it had an exciting life. Likely a lot of back roads and into the fields for some stubble jumping! The bent frame and dented floor lead me to believe that. So StuBBle it is. The two Capital B's represent Big Block and or B Body.

Purists look away now. I have been trying to find a picture of a snorkel on one of these cars. No luck. Because it is sacrelig! But hey, I had to see it for myself. It is one of Mopar’s best scoops and one of the best bodies. I have a snorkel and will likely never have the correct car to put under it. It does kinda blend with the body. There are similar curves. I’m after a bird bath hood but I might pop some holes in this flat hood and mount it for fun.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Nice and heated garage and a winter project what could be better. I have lots to do in the summer and save all I can for winter projects for rebuilds

Purists look away now. I have been trying to find a picture of a snorkel on one of these cars. No luck. Because it is sacrelig! But hey, I had to see it for myself. It is one of Mopar’s best scoops and one of the best bodies. I have a snorkel and will likely never have the correct car to put under it. It does kinda blend with the body. There are similar curves. I’m after a bird bath hood but I might pop some holes in this flat hood and mount it for fun.

View attachment 1716071431

View attachment 1716071432

View attachment 1716071433

View attachment 1716071434
I'm kinda on the fence about it, on the one hand I have always liked the lines of that body style, very smooth and clean, uncluttered. At the same time, the scoop is an all time favorite design for me, and while it may not be "correct", it does change the appearance of the car, making it a little more aggressive.
Purists be damned!

I'm kinda on the fence about it, on the one hand I have always liked the lines of that body style, very smooth and clean, uncluttered. At the same time, the scoop is an all time favorite design for me, and while it may not be "correct", it does change the appearance of the car, making it a little more aggressive.
Purists be damned!
It's my favorite scoop design as well. As soon as I find a nice one, it's going on the hood of my 73 Duster.... lol

-
Back