Stuff stolen from your car

-

ram250098

69 Barracuda
Reaction score
The other day after a cruise I got into my car and noticed that the selector window on my B&M shifter was gone. Sometime jurning the show someone reached into,or got into the car and popped it off...you gotta be kidding me..if your going to risk getting caught steeling you think it would be for something worth while.
First time anyone has burned me at a show.
What have you had ripped off that made you shake your head?
AL

hey man, I needed the piece I left a 20 on your seat was it gone when you got back to the car? I also borrowed the 67 cents that was in your ash tray

Sorry to hear that,sadly it seems people just have no respect for peoples property nor all the effort put into their cars.I do attend quite a few shows but only as a spectator.I'm always apalled at the people leaning all over peoples pride and joy acting as if their paid admission gives them permission to put their mits all over the vehicles on display.

The other day after a cruise I got into my car and noticed that the selector window on my B&M shifter was gone. Sometime jurning the show someone reached into,or got into the car and popped it off...you gotta be kidding me..if your going to risk getting caught steeling you think it would be for something worth while.
First time anyone has burned me at a show.
What have you had ripped off that made you shake your head?
AL

When i had an older jeep for a daily driver.(no locks), i went all summer with a bikini top and no one though twice about messing with it. The first week i put on the soft top. Someone got in it and stole my radio faceplate and all the CD's in the jeep(all copied CD-R's)

Had a sweater taken from the back seat of my 'cuda.
Tail light lenses and screws from a '71 Scamp.
Under dash 8 track from my 'cuda back in the day.
cd player from my Dodge spirit about 5 years ago.
Hmmmm, maybe it's time to move. lol

My stereo, I had jack daniels bottle left by others in the bed of my truck and I had the trash stolen from the bed once too.

I thought someone stole the Cuda when it was my Dailey driver, but then remembered I parked somewhere else.

when I bought my car it had hubcaps with the dart board like pattern and in the centers it had fish (barracudas of course) where the valiant logos normally are .I guess somebody made them special because I have never seen another set like that anywhere , well I used to park at night on a fairly busy street with security guards around but one day a buddy of mine asks what happened to the fish and sure enough some one had switched me hubcaps for a set with valiant logos ,now I dont know when it happened exactly but there was an orange swinger with the yellow and brown stripe combo cruisin around at the approximate date of the caps going missing (saw it every day almost for a couple of weeks and never saw it again ) but the thought of a fellow mopar guy doing that is pretty crappy and whoever it was has got to know one day I will see them on a car and take them back with extreme predujic

It would be pretty embarrassing to get the living piss beat out of you at a car show because you got caught ripping somebody off... And that would probably be one of those "nobody saw a thing" situations too. Not sure what kind of muppet even contemplates doing that, but sorry they got you :-(

Way back when I had an 8 track quadraphonic system and had 3 of the 4 speakers stolen. A few years later, I came home from the grocery store with 4 bags of food. I carrried two into the house and by the time I got back out to the car, someone had taken the other two! Wasn't even a 30 second window of opertunity there! Crooks will steal anything.....even if they don't need it. I've had an unlocked padlock taken off my gate. Now without a key, what good it that?

when I was in rural michigan we put a truck topper on the front yard by the road with a free sign on it no-one touched it for 2 weeks changed the sign to $100 and it was gone the next day -stupid thieves

Heard a story when there was a garbageman's strike in NYC many years back. This guy wrapped up all his garbage in a big box with a bow on it. He parked his car with the windows down and the box on the back seat. He went for a short walk and when he returned the box was gone. Smart.

Caught a dude trying to steal my dog infront of a store on Thanksgiving about 5 years ago. sent him to the hosipital. O72D

Hitch out of my receiver last year. I had that hitch for over 20 years; oh well with scrap so high I guess someone turned it in.

In the summer of 1986 I had some moron break into my Dart and cut out the GT symbols on the front seats. Left the back but destroyed the front. My dad said a guy was redoing a 67 Dart behind us, I remember going and checking out his car often that summer to see if any new decals appeared in the Dart 270, but I was only 15 at the time and nothing ever appeared.:disgust:

No I never had anything stole from my car but I'm always in range of my car at the cruise ins. If I leave where I can't see it I will lock it up. 98% of the time I have my .38 Special with me.... I won't shoot them but I will stick the tip of it in their nose and say "You might want to put that back right where you got it!"

I have seen people and had people ask me to watch their car if they go for a walk or food etc but I have never had to do that, I really don't want to start now. I called a performance shop and they can get me a replacement but it will be $25 plus tax..is it really worth $25 to steal..if it is going into a vintage car you should have some income to buy one...maybe he couldn't afford that and gas LOL
AL

I had my remote control for my stereo stolen out of my car while at a cruise in. Luckily I was able to get a new one on E Bay, but it was still a pain the a$$.

Luckily I was able to get a new one on E Bay, but it was still a pain the a$$.[/QUOTE]
That is what it boils down to...a pain in the a$$, it is going to bug the sh$@ out of me till I get the new one LOL
AL

I put a running riding lawnmower down by the curb with a free sign on it.

After a week no one wanted it I decided to donate it to someone.

when I went to the mower, someone cannibalized it for parts and left most of it there for me to clean up.

How inconsiderate.

Some years ago I had a 9.5-foot cabover camper that I kept in a locked storage yard in an industrial area. I spent the Saturday of the weekend before going on vacation installing 4 brand new hydraulic jacks on it so it would be easier to load/unload on my truck.
Went down early Sunday morning to load the camper on my truck and the jacks were gone! Obviously someone had seen me installing them the day before. They also broke into the camper and took the extra sleeping bags and all my fishing gear I stored in it. Sure put a bummer on the start of the vacation even though my insurance covered all of it.
Also had the underdash tape players stolen out of my old '69 Swinger 340 twice back in the day. I was at work the last ime and heard the glass shatter, but they were gone by the time I got to the car.

Back in '84 while taking my mechanics course in college, we had a guy with a Maverick that bragged he once stole a Dana rear out of a car in a shopping mall parking lot. He had it out in under 20 minutes. His friends verified that he had it and was too scared to put it in his Maverick. The fool covered it in oil and grease, wrapped it in plastic and buried it somewhere. This dude was the scrawniest, greasiest little weasel you'd ever meet. His nickname was Maggot-fingers.

Wylde1.

Had some c@ck$ucker steal the sidemirror off my swinger about 10 years ago. The scumbag snagged it without opening the door! ,he removed the screw then pryed the mirror up so he could get to the nut on the inside of the door bending the top of the door and scratching the paint in the process :angry8:

Took my car to the car wash one time and had the cupholder filled with quarters and other change and I had my watch and multitool knife in the console.The car comes back and I find my change cup nearly empty(all the quarters were gone)my knife and watch gone,and a gift card from Subway which had $20 on it.They found out who did it and fired him,but still,come on now.I had my BOSCH Pilot fog covers stolen off my GLH,luckily I had another set.Had my XM radio antenna stolen(dont know why,once its cut,its worthless,lol)And get this,one time I actually caught one of my COUSINS trying to steal my car stereo equalizer out of my car,thats bad when its family trying to rip you off,but he was a druggy though.

Had my quarter window in my Duster broken. Dude stole the stereo under my dash and broke my column trying to steal the car. My shift indicator lines up in between the gears now. Why would you try and steal a car when there are like a dozen on the road in my town? If I caught him I'd be on trial for manslaughter right now.

-
Back