Stuff stolen from your car

-
Last week I parked my van next to a golden jeep and a green dodge truck. I came out after eating lunch walked up to the jeep and the truck, no van! Turns out their was a identical jeep and truck in the next row. Scared the crap outta me.

Funny you mention that, we had a burgandy and tan '93 Cherokee. It had 3 matching factory wheels but the front left was the spare and the wheel came off a Laredo model. My dad was in his tractor trailer going through downtown Vancouver and he saw the twin truck with the same wheel and everything parked. He stopped and jumped out to look at it figuring someone stole our Jeep however it wasn't ours based on the crap in the interior. It was definitley odd though, had the same Laredo wheel and everything!

Had someone steal the Dino'ed on eng. carb. and finned mallory coil, SS wiper arms and various other parts when my car was in a storage place( to be safe!). Had plastic between two gaskets below the carb. Went to pick up the car next spring and the hood was open, water N mice in the Fresh Engine. I find the guy and he's 60, I'm still - well, God help him...

Lots of years ago, had a friend staying with me. He'd just lost everything in a bankruptcy except his '68 Dart GTS. Car was non running at the time, but I let him keep it at the car club shop outdoors . Somebody stole the hood, carb and air cleaner. Brought the car to my house to stop any further loss and sure enough, a fellow showed up wanting to buy the car. Turns out he worked at a body shop next door to the car club. Suspicious, yes, but my buddy sold him the car anyways. Next week, the car was stripped for paint, primered and the new owner had already found a replacement GTS hood. Unknown to him, my buddy was familiar with some old damage to his hood and sure enough, the same damage was present on the stripped hood. Lawsuit followed and my buddy did not get the car back, but managed to sue his a$$ off for the damages and press theft charges. Painful way to sell the car, but at least there was some satisfaction.

Another story about people trying to steal your dog. My shepard is not purebred, but she sure fools a lot of people. When she was about a year old, the neighbor caught some woman trying to get my dog into her car. Hot August day and the woman was all bundled up in a fur coat. Her story was she saw the dog running loose and was only trying to save it. Yeah, right. This is happening right in front of my house, (rural area, nobody chains up the dog). Neighbor pointed to my house and said the dog lived there. Woman left in a hurry and unfortunately, we did not get a license number. Dog thefts were quite a problem at the time with people stealing dogs for breeding and for research. Sick bastards, hope the karma catches up with them.

I had a car stored at a workplace I was working at, at the time. I left the glove-box open, as well as the centre console lid, hoping if some thief looked, wouldn't bother breaking in it to get nothing.....I was wrong....some idiot thief smashed the 1/4 glass in the rear door, got in.....and hello....nothing to steal.
It is very common....breaking the 1/4 glass in the rear doors to get in...around here....8 times out of 10...they are indigineous.

After my house fire, I had a 97' Lumina parked in my barn with a bum tranny. Well, somebody broke into the barn, busted out the pass. rear window, stole my cd player, disconnected the battery, stole the starter, and then tried to use the trunk button. When the button didn't work, they cut the cables on my riding mower and broke the battery bracket to try to hotwire the trunk button (all they would've had to do was hook the battery back up). They messed up the wiring so bad that when the door is open, the cooling fans kick on instead of the dome light.

They also stole about $10k in tools, a new air compressor, a chainsaw, and an atv lift. They however left the 04' yz250f dirtbike that was on the lift, the new drums/rotors/pads/shoes/hardware for the Lumina, and a string trimmer.

The crappy part is I'm pretty sure I know who did it because a week later my brother caught the SOB on my property and he told him that I gave him permission to look at the barn beams in the old hay barn. I never gave him permission, but I can't prove he took anything either. I also know the guy and know that he used to do stuff like that along time ago.

Getting ripped off sucks.

Had a copy of Life magazine in perfect condition with Marilyn Monroe on the cover, and a complete Nov. 3, 1948 Chicago Tribune newspaper in perfect condition with DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN headline, stolen out of my '70 RR. Really ticked me off.

Last week I parked my van next to a golden jeep and a green dodge truck. I came out after eating lunch walked up to the jeep and the truck, no van! Turns out their was a identical jeep and truck in the next row. Scared the crap outta me.

Wow. What are the odds on that? Think about it.
Two identical sets of vehicles.
Both sets of vehicles parked in the same exact positions.
Both sets in adjacent rows in the same parking lot.

I bet the odds are astronomical! Wish I knew how to figure it out - lol

I guess I've been pretty lucky. My wife had her window broken and her stereo stolen out of her Neon about ten years ago while she did clinical time for her nursing degree in Rockford. The hospital was downtown in a seedy area. About a month later a detective called and said they had our stereo. When I went there it wasn't ours so I thanked him for his trouble. They caught a guy who had been ripping off the parking lot and he admitted to having the extra stuff at home. I guess it was either a different guy or our stereo was already fenced.
About two years ago some punks went through the neighborhood looking for unlocked cars. They got about $4 from my unlocked van. We found a portable DVD player up against the neighbors mailbox. I think my wife came home at midnight and scared the kids off without knowing it. I have a feeling they were in my van when she pulled in the driveway.

paranoid? :toothy10:

I marked a lot of stuff with a felt marker that shows up under ultra violet light. Can't see it without the light. Marked everything I could think of in the house too, dvd players, all cds and dvds, tvs, computers etc. etc.

I HAVE A CAR SOW COMING UP ON THE 9/11/10 IF ANYONE AROUND EUREKA CA. WANTS TO ENTER http://www.cruzneureka.org/ BUT U GUYS ARE MAKING ME THINK MAYBE I SHOULD JUST LOCK THE CAR DONT PUT WINDOWS DOWN OR HAVE A HOOD LIFTED MY FIRST CAR SHOW I REALLY DONT WANT IT TO BE MY LAST. I HOPE THE ASPEN WINS LOL!

Radiator out of a project car parked in my staging area (the woods). Crackhead. Same time someone stripped a bunch of aluminum siding off an old travel-trailer parked next to it. I swear to God, no one would ever come looking for the bodies.

Back in the early 80ies I parked my 65 Dart GT in a barn around 1.00 AM in the morning. It was only me and my brother and I'm pretty sure that no one else saw us. That was in late October.

In March when I was going to pick it up I found out that some one had twisted and bented my hood so bad that it couln't be repaired. When I popped the hood one thing was missing, one of the signal horns!!!!!

If I just knew that I would be more then willing to get the bad guy another one of my spares instead of damaging my car!

In the mid 1990's Dad had a big block B-Body radiator sitting outside behind the shop, disappeared instantly.

Around that same time he borrowed a nice early E-body slap stick shifter assembly to a guy who was restoring a Challenger T/A and the guy returned it a couple months later saying he didn't need it. It was all pitted when returned...

Many year ago my grandmother had a '61 Chevy that she drove to the grocery store one day. When she came out, she put the groceries in the back seat and drove home. When she got home she reached up to grab her garage door opener from the visor and found it wasn't there, but there was the sleeve with the registration card....in someone else's name! Yup, she took someone else's car home! Her key fit the door and ignition in another car the same year, model, and color. Needless to say, she practically broke the sound barrier returning to the store. Luckily the other owner was still inside so there was no confrontation but it would have been interesting to see what the other owner thought when he came out and found his car wasn't parked where he left it. (the original spot had been taken by someone else by then)
My Dad had a similar experience (must run in the family!) in a '49 Ford but he couldn't get the car started. His key opened the door but wouldn't work the ignition. He fiddled with it awhile cursing under his breath until he glanced around the car and saw stuff that wasn't his and realized his mistake. I wonder when it's going to be my turn!
Thanks, Mark

Many years ago I was sharing garage space with a man & his son who were racing a Barracuda on the local dirt track. I was having a lot of trouble with his son "borrowing" things of mine, never to be seen again. One day I went to the garage & found that his son had (for no reason) moved my hood that I had stood very carefully on cardboard to protect the corners & had apparently dropped it because one of the corners was now VERY bent. This was after I had paid a body man to work the hood and I had attached a scoop to it. Then I noticed that my starter wasn't where I had left it & another was there instead. I crawled under their race car & found my starter fastened up to the bellhousing. I got pissed. I grabbed a hammer & hit one of the front fenders of the race car 3 times. The damage was hardly noticable but it calmed me down a little. I then did a quick bench test on the starter they had left laying with my stuff & found that it didn't work. I unbolted my starter from the race car, replaced it with their inoperable starter, being sure to hook up all of the wires. I hope they didn't notice the switch until race night. I found another garage & moved as soon as possible, giving them no notice. I spoke to the father one time after that. He didn't mention the starter but he did ask me about another months rent because of my not giving any notice. I told him that I owed him something. I was thinking more along the lines of payback for all of the crap his kid stole from me. After that I never saw either of them again.

Throw a handful of bullet shells on the floor. They will peek in, see them, look over their shoulder nervously and KEEP RIGHT ON TRUCKIN'.

pink floyd the wall cassete tape i never had one in my car long enough to enjoy growing up now i only listen to it at home going on 15 yrs now and the same one woo-hoo!!!!

Had my 68 GTS in a garage for the winter with some other guys, back around 1975. When I came to pick it up in the spring, my battery and drive shaft were gone. No one else had a Mopar. No one saw anything. Yeah, right!

ok ive had things stole and mess with i was 18 my 1st car 69 dodge coronet i got up to go to work bout 6 am ish and seen the door open i said to my self well thay took the cd player oh well them i seen his feet oh that was it i seen red i went back in and got the 22 i had forgot to load the day b4 oops right had one bullit in it i wasted it in the air he came out shakeing i said give me one thing i sould not splatter u all over the car and he peed him self he said i just need a ride and took off i put the 22 in the car and cot up with him and kicked his A$$ 2 ive had them auto zone valve stim caps dice ive had them took and thay never take all 4 wtf the latest i was at a show went to bath room and came back and some one ''tuned '' my card for me would not start way to much gas

..20 year old 'oscar" running light covers off the front of my car....huh ???

-
Back