Stuff stolen from your car

-
Someone stole my all of the change in my ash tray and a pack of gum. That takes some balls, because I would have made them bite the curb if I caught them.

when I was in rural michigan we put a truck topper on the front yard by the road with a free sign on it no-one touched it for 2 weeks changed the sign to $100 and it was gone the next day -stupid thieves

Sounds like they might have been from Elmira. Seriously, if you want to get rid of something for free around here you put it on the curb with a for sale sign and look the other way. If you put "free" on it, they think it's worth nothing, so they won't take it.

Had a Midland 40 channel CB with upper and lower sidebands along with a 400 watt linear stolen out of my F250 when I was a kid. Co-ax was cut and the antennas taken, too.

it's becoming pandemic around here they are breaking windows for the change on the floor somehow they have discovered they can pop your window without triggering the alarm with a piece of porcelin insulator from a spark plug .they just throw a little piece at the window and it implodes without enough vibration to set off the alarm . the government insurance no longer covers contents of any kind if it isn't bolted to the car tough nuggets so they are literally busting windows for pennies .A friend of mine who is a former RCMP sharpshooter has had his vehicle done 3 times in the last year luckily the guns where in the house but one of these times he's gonna end up killing a junkie

When I moved to AZ someone tried to steal my motorcycle. They busted the ignition switch/steering lock and went to roll it away, to bad it was chained to my truck.....

I used to have a 73 Camaro, I went into the grocery store for 10 mins, came out and the grill and air cleaner were gone. I installed a inside hood release after that.

When I was going to college in the late 70's, someone stole the rear speakers from my car. They were the kind that were in the black plastic housings tht you put up on the rear shelf. Didnt have them bolted in, so they were easy targets.

About 8 years ago, I took an old 68 Road Runner project down to Carlisle to sell. Left it overnight. It didnt sell, and when I got it back home, I noticed that the plate that covers the thumbwheel radio was broken. I dont know if someone actually switched plates, or if they broke the plate while trying to steal the radio, and then got scared off. As I got to thinking about it, I remember a bunch of deadbeats across from me watching me when I came in, and realized it was probably them.

Two years ago, I was trying to sell off some extra parts at the "Parts-A-Rama" swapmeet at the Butler, PA fairgrounds. I was by myself, and when it was time to pack up, I left my stuff unattended for about five minutes while I went to get my truck. During that time, someone stole a primered 73 Cuda rally hood from me. I probably should have asked my neighbors to keep an eye on my stuff, but didnt do so. They also were a bunch of deadbeat, Gypsy types, so it was probably them anyways. The hood was probably the most valuable thing I had with me, so they knew what to take. BTW, I reported it to the management at the "PArts-A-Rama", and made several calls to them. They always said someone will get back to me, but no one ever did, so I will never sell anything there again because they are only interested in the upfront money, and could care less about what happens to the vendors.

Nothing from my car but my F-150 was broken into, they popped the door lock destroying it -$200 plus touch cause it has keyless entry pad- Stole my insurance and registration card, my sunglasses, my swipe card for work with my smileing face on it -work for a defence contractor-, a broken radar detector and sadest was my support the troops magnet off the tailgate.

Someone found my insurance and registration and put it in the house mailbox. Grand total stolen $85 damage over $200. Never bothered with my aftermarket alpine deck or sub in the back.

I had my truck stolen.Got home late one night parked deep in my drive way.Threw my keys in the center console went in passed out on the couch.At about 4 am I heard my truck start,pedal to the floor.I jumped up and looked out the door to see my truck going by in slow motion,with the motor wound out.I then, in only my boxers ran after it.Chased it up around the corner where they had stopped to figure out how to release the parking brake.I almost put my fist through the window getting the guys attention and told him to shut off the truck.When he shut the truck off I yanked opened the door and jerked his punk *** out.I had his arm jacked up behind his back walking him back to the house but then I thought '' Hey wait I can't take this fool into my house'' so I loosened my grip and he split.I called the police told them what happend and they went to a house only 100 yards from mine and brought this kid back to me to identify.Sure enough it was him.FOOL!!! Unfortunately there is alot of automobile looting that goes on aswell, change,reciever hitches,gps,cd,etc.Talking to the local police they said if your vehicle is in your driveway and is unlocked you are enableing them and there is nothing that they or you can do.What a bunch of crap!!!

At a car show 4-5 years ago, somebody reached in on the dash of my '73 Caddy hearse and broke my sunglasses and laid them in my seat. Disrespectful people like that should not have been born with hands.

Heard a story when there was a garbageman's strike in NYC many years back. This guy wrapped up all his garbage in a big box with a bow on it. He parked his car with the windows down and the box on the back seat. He went for a short walk and when he returned the box was gone. Smart.
OOOOOOman thats funny...

Had a girl steal my viginity in a car.AW who am I trying to fool,I gave it away

and I always have people steeling the chrome stem cap off my slot mags.

kids put them on there bikes, I've actually marked them with yellow paint pen before..

I stopped these 2 kids that ride by once in a while, I walked up and said 'hey come here for sec', I leaned down and un screwed it while he sat there in shock and wahlah! it had my yellow paint pen mark on the inside... I told him next time I'd just go to his house and have parent give it back.

I didn't tell him about the paint mark..

I used to have a 73 Camaro, I went into the grocery store for 10 mins, came out and the grill and air cleaner were gone. I installed a inside hood release after that.
I think I need to do the same, I am sure I do 8)
Thank you 360scamp

my father had a 52 chrysler newyorker when I was younger, we went to a semi local car show and dad took us for ice cream well the car was in the show, about a 10 minute walk away from the car. some teenage cut the seats which were the original and we never got back to the car in time to catch him, just seen him running away :angryfir:

Alpine speakers 8) MeMikeJr has this story :happy10: he was about 4 year's old and watched him in my drive way.
Soooo that would have been 25 years ago :clock:

I marked a lot of stuff with a felt marker that shows up under ultra violet light. Can't see it without the light. Marked everything I could think of in the house too, dvd players, all cds and dvds, tvs, computers etc. etc.

Working in the east end of Vanc., where it was not unusual to see some tricks out the door. Walked out after work, hopped in the Laser and as I was backing out looked in the D/S mirror. Couldn't make out what was behind me, looked kinda strange. Turned around, nothing.. Looked in the mirror and realized the glass was gone.. Guess someone needed a coke mirror

Grant

27 years ago, I ran out of gas 10 miles from town in my 67 GTX, when I got back to where the car was, it was gone, called the highway patrol to see if they had it towed in, nope, I never did find that car, I think I gave up after 15 years or so, but I still think about it when ever I see one.

When i had an older jeep for a daily driver.(no locks), i went all summer with a bikini top and no one though twice about messing with it. The first week i put on the soft top. Someone got in it and stole my radio faceplate and all the CD's in the jeep(all copied CD-R's)

Never thought of copying CDs. Great idea for cars with low security.

Last week I parked my van next to a golden jeep and a green dodge truck. I came out after eating lunch walked up to the jeep and the truck, no van! Turns out their was a identical jeep and truck in the next row. Scared the crap outta me.

My brother had the entire outdrive stolen off of his 19' Reinell boat. It was in a long term secure parking lot with the back up against a fence that faced the main road going by. The worst thing is that this was right in the middle of the trident nuclear sub base on Hood Canal! Luckilly the Navy ponied up for a whole new unit to the tune of $3500.

-
Back