Summer Race Announcement...This Will Happen

Who will win this race???

• jpar with his home built wonder 408 stroker

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • yellow rose with his check book built little 340

Votes: 10 11.2%
  • the spectators who come to watch

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • there will be no race as jpar and YR are as full of poop as a Christmas goose.

Votes: 56 62.9%

• Total voters
-
This just needs to die and go away........almost as bad as the 28 pages of camshaft argument when a member asked what do you think of my 340..............there isn't even entertainment value here anymore.........16 pages, 400 posts.........P. T. Barnum was right.....YR, JPar, you guys done well casting a large net, got a ****-pot full of suckers..............

YR, how is the "other" Duster you bought coming along....?? Perhaps this will be the one you line up against J par?

It's sitting in the driveway. It runs. I should go make a few passes on it. I suspect it's probably a 14.20 to maybe a 13.90 car. Maybe. I haven't driven it for months and we had a 1700 acre fire just over the hill last Friday. I need to keep everything mobile in case the place burns down from a wild fire.

I can replace the cars, but not the animals and my library. The wife and I are going to make a complete inventory of all of the books by title, author and publish date and then give it to my insurance guy so we can replace them should something happen.

This just needs to die and go away........almost as bad as the 28 pages of camshaft argument when a member asked what do you think of my 340..............there isn't even entertainment value here anymore.........16 pages, 400 posts.........P. T. Barnum was right.....YR, JPar, you guys done well casting a large net, got a ****-pot full of suckers..............

Hold your water. The summer isn't over yet. Jpar and I are not beholden to YOUR schedule.

It WILL happen. In 2018. Then all you doubters can just kiss jpar said big hairy behind.

It's sitting in the driveway. It runs. I should go make a few passes on it. I suspect it's probably a 14.20 to maybe a 13.90 car. Maybe. I haven't driven it for months and we had a 1700 acre fire just over the hill last Friday. I need to keep everything mobile in case the place burns down from a wild fire.

I can replace the cars, but not the animals and my library. The wife and I are going to make a complete inventory of all of the books by title, author and publish date and then give it to my insurance guy so we can replace them should something happen.
Sorry to hear of the fires.
We want an inventory of what's in the "new" Duster :)

Sorry to hear of the fires.
We want an inventory of what's in the "new" Duster :)

The old duster is a 73 318 car that is factory A/C, factory cruise control. The body is a bit rough, but it has character. I have no idea if the engine is original but it's still a 318 and runs very well for what it is. The only changes are a Holley Street Dominator and Carter AFB. It doesn't even have headers. Yet. There is also a 340 on the stand out there for it. I just need to nut up and bolt on the rockers and intake and put it on the run in stand and then get it in.

Not sure of the rear axle ratio but I suspect 3.08's.

Ok...I get it. But an HOUR? A whole freaking HOUR of crickets? 30 minutes would get the job done?

Damn you guys are brutal on old people.
30 minutes wwould have been sufficient...for an 1/8 mile race
But this is supposedly a 1/4 mile race, and I didn't want the crickets E/T to be lower then yours

:poke:

30 minutes wwould have been sufficient...for an 1/8 mile race
But this is supposedly a 1/4 mile race, and I didn't want the crickets E/T to be lower then yours

:poke:

Yep. You're right. An hour was the correct length. Damn. I hate it when I'm wrong.

My car is Top Banana not some wacky green. My Triumph was wacky green. I miss my Triumph.

Car or Bike??? Makes no never mind, both British, leak oil, positive "Earth" and require the application of spanners, tommy bars and sweat on a regular basis while drinking warm beer.........makes you glad to be an American

Last edited:
Car or Bike??? Makes no never mind, both British, leak oil, positive "Earth" and require the application of spanners, tommy bars and sweat on a regular basis.........makes you glad to be an American

No...late model bike.
I'd love to have a newer Speed Triple but I'm not sure I could get on it. And if I did I couldn't get off the thing.

No...late model bike.
I'd love to have a newer Speed Triple but I'm not sure I could get on it. And if I did I couldn't get off the thing.

To be brutality honest, I have no love for Triumph and the Meridan workers since they put Norton-Villers down

To be brutality honest, I have no love for Triumph and the Meridan workers since they put Norton-Villers down

IIRC...and we are going off my memory...didn't a guy in Oregon own the Norton name? Seems to he was making bikes in the early 2000's or that era. They were still dual shock frames and I think they were actually Norton engines.

I'm pretty sure a buddy put money down on one but it never happened. I'd have bought one if they had it up and running.

IIRC...and we are going off my memory...didn't a guy in Oregon own the Norton name? Seems to he was making bikes in the early 2000's or that era. They were still dual shock frames and I think they were actually Norton engines.

I'm pretty sure a buddy put money down on one but it never happened. I'd have bought one if they had it up and running.

You are thinking of Kenny Derr of Vintage Restorations, and yes he owned a piece of Norton........however I'm referring to mid to late 1970's when Triumph/BSA collapsed, which when you read the history is how Kenny Derr ended up with a piece of Norton

What I was looking for earlier
norton.jpg

You are thinking of Kenny Derr of Vintage Restorations, and yes he owned a piece of Norton........however I'm referring to mid to late 1970's when Triumph/BSA collapsed, which when you read the history is how Kenny Derr ended up with a piece of Norton

I remember when all that happened but I was probably only 16. My brother and I should have bought up all the NOS Nortons a local guy had.

I remember when all that happened but I was probably only 16. My brother and I should have bought up all the NOS Nortons a local guy had.
lol I thought you are 35 years old, like me, you WISH! 60 is right around the corner

-
Back