Super Budget 318 Hits the Dyno!

-

slimjim

Reaction score
It’s been a busy summer. I built this little 318 for the 3k drag challenge and was pretty impressed by it. It had sat in a junkyard for a decade before I picked it up. I just had to see what it ran on the Dyno. With these power levels and a 9.47sec pass in the 1/8 (with no tune and dragging brakes), what do you think it’ll pull off in the 1/4 mile? Taking it to Duct Tape Drags next weekend.

9.45 is about a 14.75 Good looking numbers at the wheels and nice job with the video.

Thanks! I’ve made some tweaks here and there since the 1/8 pass. I’m gona cross my fingers for a 13.99 or better at Duct Tape.
It sounds like it RPM's pretty good. What rear gear and tire are you running?

Subscribed!
It’s been a busy summer. I built this little 318 for the 3k drag challenge and was pretty impressed by it. It had sat in a junkyard for a decade before I picked it up. I just had to see what it ran on the Dyno. With these power levels and a 9.47sec pass in the 1/8 (with no tune and dragging brakes), what do you think it’ll pull off in the 1/4 mile? Taking it to Duct Tape Drags next weekend.

14 9 with no changes from that run
2.08 60= 14.9@88.5
9.47 1/8= 15.01
71.78 1/8 mph=15.1
love that 68 gt dart you have that was a score
the round parking lights are the best as well as the grill and tail lights for darts imo
I have had a few darts 1 duster myself still have 1967 gt vert with a 68 gts 340 drivetrain transplanted into it
dragging rear brakes will get you something hope you get that 13 second pass
that double pumper would help from your other vid although 750 is a tad big for a 318 bet its still quicker then that current carb
i know the 4778 700 cfm came with the 50cc rear pump along with 4781 850 cfm
did you put the 50cc pump on the 750?
not a proper 1st post been lurking here for a yr

14 9 with no changes from that run
2.08 60= 14.9@88.5
9.47 1/8= 15.01
71.78 1/8 mph=15.1
love that 68 gt dart you have that was a score
the round parking lights are the best as well as the grill and tail lights for darts imo
I have had a few darts 1 duster myself still have 1967 gt vert with a 68 gts 340 drivetrain transplanted into it
dragging rear brakes will get you something hope you get that 13 second pass
that double pumper would help from your other vid although 750 is a tad big for a 318 bet its still quicker then that current carb
i know the 4778 700 cfm came with the 50cc rear pump along with 4781 850 cfm
did you put the 50cc pump on the 750?
not a proper 1st post been lurking here for a yr
I didn’t use the 750 DP due to stripping out the housing threads for the bowl and metering plate. It was puking fuel all over the intake. I do plan to chop off the rusted out exhaust, use a 1” car spacer, and lighten up the car a bit. Running 13s would be a total win in my book. Thanks for following the build. Gona do my best to continue reminding the B and E body guys that the A body owns the drag strip lol. Even if it is a pile of rust flying down the track haha

I didn’t use the 750 DP due to stripping out the housing threads for the bowl and metering plate. It was puking fuel all over the intake. I do plan to chop off the rusted out exhaust, use a 1” car spacer, and lighten up the car a bit. Running 13s would be a total win in my book. Thanks for following the build. Gona do my best to continue reminding the B and E body guys that the A body owns the drag strip lol. Even if it is a pile of rust flying down the track haha
You can get heli coil repair kits for that.

Peak torque number is impressive. Care to share the specs on that cam? Got a dyno sheet to show?

-
Back